All reviews eiffel tower metro station croissants quiet street la motte picquet grenelle tub and shower double room champ de mars street side light sleeper cafes and restaurants location is excellent charming hotel monoprix french commerce supermarket
Reviewed 2 June 2017

We enjoyed our stay at the Hotel de l'avre. The room was tiny but the bathroom was huge. It appears the bathroom has been redone lately. Nice bath tub and shower. Good water pressure. We stayed here when the weather was hot - unusual for this time of year and we would have appreciated air conditioning or at least a fan. That would be the only fault we found with this hotel. It was 15 minute walk to Eiffel Tower, which we visited every day. River cruise boats near Eiffel tower too. Metro station at the end of the street. 20 Euro from Gare du Nord. Make sure you take the official taxi's. We were stopped ahead of the taxi's with private operators trying to steal the taxi business.

• Stayed: May 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 25 April 2017 via mobile

Visited here for me & my boyfriends 1 year anniversary. The hotel was quaint, real Parisian feel about it, very pretty!
We arrived early so left the bags and came back at 3pm to check in. You get one key and you have to leave it at the reception when going out, which is fine! Staff were friendly enough.

We were in room 22 and had a lovely view of the gardens - I did request this via email before we came, great to see it granted!
This hotel is not for light sleepers, as aren't most boutique hotels in Paris. My bf is a light sleeper and the noise of the floorboards and lift did keep him awake, but thats not the hotels fault. Could have done with an extra pillow as the one given was quite flat. Bed was hard but to our taste. The bathroom was lovely, nice and spacious. Great powerful shower.

The location was superb - right down the street from La Motte Picquet Grenelle metro, which has lines 6,8,10 on it - can't ask for much more than that! There was a supermarket (Monoprix) on the corner, a McDonald's next to it, and a Starbucks over the road - we was expecting normal Starbucks coffee like the ones in the UK but OMG it tasted so much better! Loads of restaurants nearby, and if you walked 15. Instead down the road, you were at the Champ de Mars and Eiffel Tower (or if you're lazy, take the metro 6 to Trocadero)

Overall, perfect weekend, perfect location. Will definitely be back!

Stayed: April 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Sammie B
Reviewed 17 April 2017

We went for 3 nights on a Groupon voucher and I was very pleased with the hotel and the value. The location is excellent especially as the Metro is very easy to use. On the Sunday morning there was a lovely market underneath the railway line. The room was fine--the bed a trifle small but we were out all the time so it didn't matter. Breakfast was included and the croissants were delicious. The staff were ever changing and not particularly friendly but I'm not too bothered about that as we didn't need to interact. The retro chic look of the hotel was charming--our room was on the street side but wasn't too noisy--we were in room 37 so quite high up and we couldn't hear any corridor noise. I'd definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: April 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 14 March 2017

My partner and I have just returned from a 3 night stay in this lovely little hotel, a very short walk away from the Eiffel tower. The room was relatively small but upon reading other reviews that was to be expected in a hotel right in the middle of Paris. The staff were very nice and interacted every time we picked up and dropped off the keys and were generally smiling and pleasant. The breakfast was the typical European breakfast of pain au chocolate and croissants with some french bread, orange juice coffee, and yogurts. The hotel is 30 seconds away from the nearest metro station, but Paris being the beautiful city it is we walked everywhere. Nearby are some very nice bar/restaurants and the pick of the bunch for me was La Gauloise. The cruise starting at the Eiffel tower is very pleasant and lasts maybe 45mins to an hour, it is a good way to have a look at some of the major attractions before visiting them. The Louvre and Rodin museums were particularly incredible. We enjoyed our stay very much and the only complaint I can think of is the walls of the rooms are a little thin, but aside from that I would be very happy to come back and stay at l'Avre. J'adore Paris and I will definitely be back again!

• Stayed: March 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 12 January 2017 via mobile

I have been to Paris many times and I was pleasantly surprised by this beautiful little hotel. First of all, the rooms are quaint and spacious for Paris. Furthermore, the location is exquisite..about a 10 minute walk to the eiffeltower.. And a few meters from metro stops. Additionally, the staff is friendly and helpful when you want information. I definitely recommend this hotel to everyone. I will be coming back for sure.

Stayed: January 2017, travelled as a couple