“Good hotel if visiting paris”
Review of Hotel de l'Avre

Hotel de l'Avre
Ranked #778 of 1,804 Hotels in Paris
Reviewed 13 September 2016

This is a very good hotel to stay if you are visiting Paris, good location with easy access to buses, trains and metro.
The hotel is a nice quaint typical mid range Parisian hotel, good location, easy to find,nice clean room, nice and friendly staff, nice breakfast.
Hotel located in good location with good shops and restaurants.
All good points no bad points would stay then again on my next visit to Paris.
BIG TIP do not take your car has I did,we stayed over the weekend so not so much hassle, but had we had stayed during the week parking would have a problem and expensive.

Room Tip: Do not take your car, could be hassle.
  • Stayed: September 2016, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 11 September 2016 via mobile

I purchased the Groupon as a birthday present for my boyfriend, and called to book a weekend between September and December as it specified. The manager who picked up the phone was immediately rude, hung up on our original call and said they were fully booked for the entire period except Christmas weekend. I checked their website and they had plenty of available rooms throughout the period, but refused to use any of the empty rooms on any of the multiple weekends spaced across the three months I offered.

I'm not interested in staying in a place run by someone this unpleasant do at this point I'll take the complaint and refund route gladly.

Stayed: September 2016, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Benny H
Reviewed 28 August 2016 via mobile

I have stayed in Paris many times and normally stay in Ibis or Etap. This year my partner and I took my mother so we choose a good location with easy access for metro and Eiffel Tower, which this has and sadly this is the only good thing I can say.
We did not have any form of welcome, just your name and we were then handed two room cards. I Had to ask where the stairs were as I assume she thought we knew. If it's a language issue that's not too much of a big deal as we can speak basic French.... Maybe even a smile would have been nice so we don't feel like we are interrupting your day. Rooms were shabby chic but rather a dusty room. Our plug hole had a huge clump of hair which must have taken months to build up so we didn't really fancy a bath after this.
On the second night the receptionist said we must leave our room keys behind before going out. This is fine, would have been nice to know this when we first checked in.... Wifi is poor in room 47, I had to go on the landing outside the room to use the Internet.
Overall, I felt as though we were a nuisance to them and for the price you would like to feel a bit more welcome.

Stayed: August 2016, travelled with family
Reviewed 26 July 2016 via mobile

This hotel has a good location however, I think it is very very over priced, due to the exchange rate I ended up paying much more than initially agreed. It is a basic hotel the blankets on the bed were worn out and dirty with all types of hair on them. The key situation I feel is also odd as you do not have the freedom that you would in other hotels. Finally i felt there was a big language barrier resulting in feeling a bit unwelcome and annoying to the owners.

Stayed: July 2016, travelled with friends
2  Thank Sophie P
Reviewed 25 July 2016

We have just returned from a short stay in Paris and enjoyed our time at the Hotel De L'avre. The hotel is located less than a 5 minute walk away from the 'La Motte-Picquet - Grenelle' Metro station, which is easily connected to PCG Airport with a change on the the RER at 'Saint-Michel - Notre-Dame'. Also just a 15 minute walk to the Eiffel Tower, although the entire city is easily accessible with the Metro.

The rooms are clean and tidy and with a good size bathroom. Decorated in a very unique fashion with art deco themeing. Our room had a safe that was available for use with no extra charge. Try and get a garden view if you can.

Breakfast was lovely with lots of french bread, jam, yogurt, tea, coffee, fresh juice and with the sun shining it was lovely to eat outside in the very well presented garden area.

For someone who intends to explore and not spend the day in their hotel room this is perfect. For those who would spend more time in a hotel I would suggest you look for something a little more spacious. My wife and I thoroughly enjoyed our stay and would gladly return in the future.

Room Tip: Choose a garden view, choose a high floor,
  • Stayed: July 2016, travelled as a couple