All reviewseiffel towermetro stationcroissantsquiet streetla motte picquet grenelletub and showerdouble roomchamp de marsstreet sidelight sleepercafes and restaurantslocation is excellentcharming hotelmonoprixfrenchcommercesupermarket
Reviewed 11 September 2016 via mobile

I purchased the Groupon as a birthday present for my boyfriend, and called to book a weekend between September and December as it specified. The manager who picked up the phone was immediately rude, hung up on our original call and said they were fully booked for the entire period except Christmas weekend. I checked their website and they had plenty of available rooms throughout the period, but refused to use any of the empty rooms on any of the multiple weekends spaced across the three months I offered.

I'm not interested in staying in a place run by someone this unpleasant do at this point I'll take the complaint and refund route gladly.

Stayed: September 2016, travelled as a couple
5  Thank Benny H
Reviewed 28 August 2016 via mobile

I have stayed in Paris many times and normally stay in Ibis or Etap. This year my partner and I took my mother so we choose a good location with easy access for metro and Eiffel Tower, which this has and sadly this is the only good thing I can say.
We did not have any form of welcome, just your name and we were then handed two room cards. I Had to ask where the stairs were as I assume she thought we knew. If it's a language issue that's not too much of a big deal as we can speak basic French.... Maybe even a smile would have been nice so we don't feel like we are interrupting your day. Rooms were shabby chic but rather a dusty room. Our plug hole had a huge clump of hair which must have taken months to build up so we didn't really fancy a bath after this.
On the second night the receptionist said we must leave our room keys behind before going out. This is fine, would have been nice to know this when we first checked in.... Wifi is poor in room 47, I had to go on the landing outside the room to use the Internet.
Overall, I felt as though we were a nuisance to them and for the price you would like to feel a bit more welcome.

Stayed: August 2016, travelled with family
Reviewed 26 July 2016 via mobile

This hotel has a good location however, I think it is very very over priced, due to the exchange rate I ended up paying much more than initially agreed. It is a basic hotel the blankets on the bed were worn out and dirty with all types of hair on them. The key situation I feel is also odd as you do not have the freedom that you would in other hotels. Finally i felt there was a big language barrier resulting in feeling a bit unwelcome and annoying to the owners.

Stayed: July 2016, travelled with friends
2  Thank Sophie P
Reviewed 25 July 2016

We have just returned from a short stay in Paris and enjoyed our time at the Hotel De L'avre. The hotel is located less than a 5 minute walk away from the 'La Motte-Picquet - Grenelle' Metro station, which is easily connected to PCG Airport with a change on the the RER at 'Saint-Michel - Notre-Dame'. Also just a 15 minute walk to the Eiffel Tower, although the entire city is easily accessible with the Metro.

The rooms are clean and tidy and with a good size bathroom. Decorated in a very unique fashion with art deco themeing. Our room had a safe that was available for use with no extra charge. Try and get a garden view if you can.

Breakfast was lovely with lots of french bread, jam, yogurt, tea, coffee, fresh juice and with the sun shining it was lovely to eat outside in the very well presented garden area.

For someone who intends to explore and not spend the day in their hotel room this is perfect. For those who would spend more time in a hotel I would suggest you look for something a little more spacious. My wife and I thoroughly enjoyed our stay and would gladly return in the future.

Room Tip: Choose a garden view, choose a high floor,
  • Stayed: July 2016, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Stuart H
Reviewed 20 July 2016 via mobile

In the 5th arrondissement , within a short walk from the Metro, is a very sweet and charming hotel. There is always someone on the front desk, an elevator that works all the time and very friendly personnel. It is small, quiet and clean. My double bedroom was very charmingly decorated and furnished and my bathroom was big for Paris standards. My windows looked out into a quiet very pretty little courtyard where we could take breakfast each day. I detest air conditioning,so it was a small joy to open the windows at night to sleep. Big hotels often make this impossible.
Great place, good value.