“Sure to have good time eating beef”
Review of Hippopotamus

Hippopotamus
Ranked #10,829 of 19,023 Restaurants in Paris
Reviewed 10 June 2017 via mobile

Hippo has been a successful restaurant chain for many years. It deserves. Keeping the same concept of meat restaurant, maintaining good quality products, cozy decor, professional service, affordable prices.
For my last visit at Hippo Republique I just had time to snack a few potato chips and drink a kir at the bar. A quick look at brick walls, red colors before being placed at my table. I took my favorite dishes, rare prime rib and jacket potatoe with cream. Plus a glass of Brouilly.
No disappointment as usual. Hippo is for me definitely a safe bet.

Reviewed 24 April 2017 via mobile

Tres bien! Wine, food, service. I spent a very good time. And could recommend you wine and grill. Bon appetite!

Reviewed 14 January 2017

It was a very cold evening, we were tired after sightseeing all day, so decided to pop into cosy looking Hippopotamus. Restaurant was full of diners which is always a good sign. When we sat down we noticed cutlery missing, one glass was very dirty, I asked the waiter for another glass, he did not apologise and never returned with another one. I had duck, my husband had steak, we both asked for it to be rare, oddly one half of both were raw and the other half well done. The only redeeming factor was the dessert, very tasty and a huge portion.
O! And all waiters smell of sweat! I can understand it was a busy evening service, but for me it was unpleasant experience.

Reviewed 11 January 2017

We chose to do a set menu - reasonably priced at around 15 euros for two courses, and then chose a starter of escargot from outside the set menu. The escargot were tasty. The main and desert were relatively uninspiring but excellent value - particularly the main as it came with a choice of 2 sides, i chose rattatoulie and green beans, to accompany my chicken, and they were very generous. Service was attentive.

Reviewed 20 September 2016 via mobile

This is a chain resto but it was delicious. We had different variations of "steak frites" and everything was well done. Service was very slow but overall I would return for another meal.