My friend and I are studying in the UK for the summer and wanted to spend a weekend in Paris. Overall, we were very happy with our stay at the Mercure La Sorbonne. The rooms are small, but that is typical of most hotels in Paris. The location is perfect, especially for college students, as it is located in the Latin Quarter and close to Saint Germain. Personally, this is my favorite district in Paris because of its unique and lively character. There are plenty of restaurants nearby, as well as many boutiques and bars. The metro is about a 5-minute walk down the street (Suny- La Sorbonne, Line 10), making it easy to get anywhere in the city inexpensively (guard your belongings! I was pick-pocketed). It is also very close to the Luxembourg Gardens, Notre Dame, and isn't too far away from the Lourve.
- Friendly staff who spoke English well
- Very comfortable beds
- Small balcony to get some fresh air
- Clean hotel
- Great location
- Free wi-fi throughout the hotel
- Public computer in lobby
- Complementary tea and coffee inside room
- When they say you get 2 beds, you actually get two small beds squished literally right next to/touching each other
- Elevator is slow and it's faster to take the stairs
- We needed an electricity converter and the one that they had didn't fit the plugs in the room (very frustrating since we desperately needed our phones that were out of battery)
- I called for an iron, and they asked me to come downstairs to grab it myself. For the expense of the room you would think they'd have good enough service to at least bring it to you themselves
- The shower didn't have a curtain so it was difficult to shower without water flying everywhere
Overall, we enjoyed our stay at the Mercure La Sorbonne. We are two university females and felt very safe in the area, which was our main concern. I would recommend it to other students; however it is pricey, but it is a million times better than a hostel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- You will be staying right at the heart of Paris, on the border of the 5th and 6th arrondissements, opposite the Sorbonne University, between the Latin Quarter (5) and Saint Germain des Prés (6), 5 minutes' walk from Notre Dame, the Panthéon, the Luxembourg Gardens and the Sénat. Fully renovated in an intimate, relaxing and contemporary decor, the Mercure Paris la Sorbonne hotel is ideally located whether your stay is for business or leisure. Soufflot public car park is close by. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Agoda and ACCOR so you can book your Mercure Paris La Sorbonne Saint Germain des Pres reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mercure Paris La Sorbonne Hotel Paris
- Accor Paris La Sorbonne