We stayed in Paris for 3 nights at Christmas 2011.
The Hotel Du Cadran was amazing, this chic little boutique was ideal for us (myself, my niece and my two boys). Small and friendly with a fantastic breakfast room in the basement. Perfectly located within walking distance of the Eiffel Tower and on the corner of Rue Cler a lovely market street with fantastic eatey holes and bars lining it. Paris is ideal at Christmas as everything is open! Yes even on Christmas day there was plenty to do. We went up the Eiffel Tower and then onto the Cirque D'hiver for an amazing performance (not for those who don't like animals at the circus).
Back to the Cadran, we nicknamed this 'the chocolate hotel' because it has a chocolate bar in it. With the most amazing chocolates for sale, a bit pricey, but once you tasted them you knew exactly where every penny of your money went.
The staff were friendly and helpful especially with directions and they helped us getting to where we needed to be by booking taxis when we needed them. Please remember that paris is much bigger than you think so even attractions that look close together probably aren't on the map. I would recommend that on your first day you take the tour bus to get an idea of where things are located. You can get on a variety of buses from the Eiffel tower and the tickets we got were valid for 2 days so really useful.
Also on check-in we were presented with a little map of paris with some discount vouchers in it.
With free wifi in the hotel this was another good reason for staying at Cadran, also, in the gorgeously decorated suite there was a laptop for our use.
A well run and fabulous place to stay, my boys think it is the best hotel we have ever stayed in, praise indeed!!! If you don't believe me just look at my review for Crowne Plaza Times Square New York!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Set half way between the Eiffel Tower and the Invalides Museum in a charming pedestrian street, the Hotel du Cadran is superbly located for exploring numerous tourist attractions, including the Champs Elysees, the Alma Bridge, or the superb Rodin Museum. The UNESCO building is only a 5-minute walk away. There are Metro stations near the hotel, including Ecole Militaire and the area offers a warm Parisian atmosphere. Explore the charming Rue Cler and its quality food shops, enjoy a drink, a coffee or a meal at one of numerous cafes and restaurants around our hotel and watch the world go by. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your Hotel du Cadran Tour Eiffel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Du Cadran Tour Eiffel Hotel
- Hotel Du Cadran Tour Eiffel Paris