“Good hotel”

Novotel Paris Centre Tour Eiffel
Ranked #750 of 1,809 Hotels in Paris
Reviewed 11 October 2017 via mobile

The Room is a little small but it’s clean and bed is comfortable .
View of room is perfect. location of hotel is good . Breakfast isn’t bad but every day was same.our room was in upper floor,that was one of the best parts.

Stayed: November 2016, travelled as a couple
Mauguit-Laurent, Directeur général at Novotel Paris Centre Tour Eiffel, responded to this reviewResponded 12 October 2017

Good evening from Paris !

Thank you very much for your review and glad knowing that you have enjoyed with us your journey n Paris! Thank you for selecting our property amongst many!

Great news you appreciated the comfortable bed, the nice location and the amazing view.

Rest assured that I will share your comment concerning the breakfast with our F&B Manager and Chef to improve our breakfast buffet.

We all hope we will have the pleasure to welcome you back in the near future.

Best regards,

Reviewed 8 October 2017

Rooms are spacious and beds really comfy.Our window gave a view of the sein and the statue of liberty on the river.Nice and close to the eiffel tower and the the river cruises.Some lovely cafes in the area as well.Breakfast gave quite a few options of food which was good,staff friendly and helpful.All said a good place to base yourself for a couple of days in paris.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled with friends

Dear Peter,

Thank you fro your recommendation, it is valued and appreciated. More importantly we are delighted to know you had a great stay with us.
After reading your comments I believe potential new guests will get a very good understanding of what they can expect when staying with us and appreciate your detailed review.

We look forward to welcoming you back at any time,

Regards,

Reviewed 7 October 2017

Check in and out was very good. Rooms clean and to our expectations. Options at breakfast should be improved. Not enough for vegetarians. Asked the older male staff member who was serving at breakfast and he ignorantly said that there isn't any other food. Soya sausage or hash browns etc can be considered.
Otherwise it was a lovely stay.

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com

Dear guest,

Really appreciate you taking the time to share your feelings and delight to hear you enjoyed your time with us.

We truly value your constructive comments and we will take it into account to improve our buffet.

This is great to read that you enjoyed your stay with us and that we reached your expectation.

If you are coming back please let our Guest Experience Manager know so we can help tailor your experience with everything you want. h3546-co@accor.com

Best regards,

Reviewed 6 October 2017

This is one of the many Novotel hotels we visited during our tour of France. Formerly the Hotel Nikki, owned by the Japanese (and still visited by many Japanese), this huge hotel has nothing in particular to commend it. Nor did we find anything really adverse about it. The hotel sports a red exterior, a token of its Japanese heritage, I suppose. And also of its Japanese heritage, the hotel's main restaurant was Japanese.

It caters to tour groups, who sometimes overwhelm the breakfast area. Access to the main lobby is up an escalator. The down escalator was broken for the days we were there. It was worrisome watching some of the "mature" guests making their way down the non-moving escalator (pretty high escalator). It seems to me that this would have been an event of urgent need to rectify. Well it was not rectified urgently. I would have worried about liability for an accident if I were the hotel management.

The front desk was O.K. - a bit officious - but that comes, I think, with dealing with hordes of non-French all day. The concierge was helpful.

We were unable to check in until 3:00 p.m. Having arrived about 11:00, we were able to check our bags in the hotel's luggage storage adjacent to the concierge. That worked out well. We then hoofed it down the street to the Eiffel Tower - about a 15 minute walk.

The room was comfortable enough and the selection of items available for breakfast was very good.

The area near the hotel was a busy shopping district, having amongst other things, a very handy Monoprix (sort of an upscale Walmart super store - but without the Walmart type of prices). Across the street from the Monoprix was an Orange Boutique, where I checked in to get some help with my Orange SIM - which was not behaving well. Got it fixed. Also a number of places to eat in the area.

Come checkout time, we wanted to print boarding passes for our return trip home. But... no business center available for guest use. That was a real surprise to me for a hotel that size. The concierge offered to receive my email with the boarding passes attached, and then print out the passes on his computer. I thought that was very gracious. We tried, but for some reason he couldn't open my forwarded email and get to the boarding passes.

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 5 October 2017

I stayed for a business trip at Novotel Paris Centre Tour Eiffel. The hotel is massive and lacks any form of charm. It seems to be catering mainly for organized tours, particularly from Asia. It’s a few steps away from Beaugrenelle shopping mall opened on Sunday and there is also a Monoprix close by. You can find pretty much all the main shops you need in the vicinity (Fnac, Sefora, H&M, Gap, etc). Otherwise the area around the hotel is rather boring and it’s still a good 15 min walk to the Eiffel Tower and any other tourist attractions. It’s also a bit of a walk to the closest metro (Charles-Michel). Breakfast served was lackluster and coffee was from an automatic machine and was borderline undrinkable. Breakfast is disappointing especially considering that this is Paris the choice of Viennoiseries should be top notch. The is also room for improvement in terms of room cleanliness. There was dust on the rug in my room that stayed there during the whole stay which makes me doubt whether they vaccum clean the room at all. Service was not particularly good, concierges/front desk staff were never smiling and didn’t seem interested to provide any assistance or help to clients. On a morning the elevator was malfunctioning and I got was stuck in the elevator between floors for about 10 minutes. Pressed the call button a couple of times but no one picked up. Somehow it managed to open on a floor and I finished my journey with the stairs. When I informed front desk about it, the manager reacted as if he couldn’t care less about the problem and no one was proactively informing clients to be aware of the technical issue until it’s fixed (and avoid more people getting stuck in the elevator !!!). On the positive side, the view can be nice on the top floors, although there are a few high rise buildings around which can obstruct. Rooms are also very quiet, so you get a good sleep. Considering that average rate for the room was around EUR250/night, I don’t feel that I was getting value for money. Service was bad, cleanliness was uncertain and area is uninteresting.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled on business
1  Thank Louis V

Dear Louis

Thank you for sharing your feelings with us and we sincerely apologize for letting you down on this occasion. At Novotel, we strive to provide a superior experience for every guest and every guest is important to us.

I will personally visit every lift with my Chief Engineer as I want to make sure that this experience does not happen to anymore

I would welcome the opportunity to try to find a way to replace your current memory with something more positive, and indeed, I invite you to contact our Guest Experience Manager for your next visit (h3546-co@accor.com).