1,095 results
All reviewsopera houseapple storewow suitespectacular roommarvelous suitebliss productsopera viewspg platinumpalais garniercozy roomhotels around the worldgallery lafayetterestaurant staffopera arearoissy busroom upgradehotel bar
Reviewed 22 November 2017

I requested an early check-in a month in advance but my room wasn't ready when I arrived. However, the staff was helpful in expediting the request. The carpets either need a cleaning or need to be replaced. The bathrooms have those kinds of showers that are open to the rest of the bathroom. I find this hard to keep everything dry. This style also seems quite dated. The decor also seems of another time. The bed was comfortable and I slept well, even with the rowdy neighboring guests. Overall the experience was so-so. I was in Paris so the environment makes up for the hotel's much needed overhaul.

• Stayed: November 2017, travelled solo
WParis-Opera, Front Office Manager at W Paris - Opera, responded to this reviewResponded 24 November 2017

Dear Chris M,

First of all, we thank you very much for choosing the W Paris Opera and for your feedback.

As you can imagine we are sorry to read that we did not exceed your expectations during your stay with us.

Our guest satisfaction is our top priority and we always do our best to offer early check-in. Unfortunately due to a very high occupancy we did not have any room ready in the morning.

Regarding the rooms, our property offers an unique design in a haussmannian building with a fashion ambiance. We regret that you did not appreciate our W style mixing Paris and New York.

We sincerely hope to welcome you back and remain available for any future help or assistance.

Kind regards

Audrey Meznarie
Front Office Manager
audrey.meznarie@whotels.com

Reviewed 18 November 2017 via mobile

I stayed there with my dad beginning of November for a leisure / work 3 nights weekend. Had to wait to check in about 15 minutes before I gave up and decide to give up drop my luggage and walk away while 4 other staff members were just having a laugh together disregarding anyone in expectations of actual service. When I finally checked in later in the day, a wobbly new bee receptionist didn't make the experience any better. The design and concept is cool but service way overrated. I mentioned 3 times to front desk or over the phone the black Led panel in my room on the second floor was off the wall and urgently needed to be fixed but nothing happened, no follow up.. once again I gave up. Room was OK thanks to the opera view but warned off badly, damaged carpets, marks on walls, sink and desk bedside tables. iPhone charger was ripped. Hard to believe when the hotel is only a few years old. Bad maintenance... and is the room checked by a housekeeping supervisor??? There was only a handful of good staff to try and make our experience better. Bellman and security seemed to be paid to talk to each other. Never greeted us or even eye contact. When my dad s taxi pulled in in front, I had to help him with his bags rather than them interrupting their chat together and help. We re both very humble and don't like to complain. Breakfast was acceptable if included but will never pay 38€ for the options offered. I am in luxury hotels and have an eye for details but I m not being peeky but Beeing from the industry I just thought the management may want to be aware of what's happening.

Stayed: November 2017
1  Thank AlecLDN
WParis-Opera, Front Office Manager at W Paris - Opera, responded to this reviewResponded 20 November 2017

Dear AlecLDN,

First of all we thank you very for your recent stay at the W Paris Opera and for providing us with your feedback.

We are sorry to read that your experience with us differed from the 5 stars service we provide at our property.

Please trust guest satisfaction is paramount for us and we strive to make every stay a wonderful memory.

We sincerely hope we can deliver this experience next time you visit us.

Best Regards,

Audrey Meznarie
Front Office Manager
audrey.meznarie@whotels.com

Reviewed 19 October 2017 via mobile

I recently booked this hotel as a surprise for my girlfriend's birthday. I contacted the hotel two weeks in advance to ask for restaurant recommendations and also if they could place some balloons in our hotel room for my girlfriend on arrival.

When we arrived we were upgraded from a standard suite to one overlooking the opera house on the top floor. Balloons were laid out on the bed and a bottle of champagne was also provided. The staff could not have done anymore to make it such a fantastic stay.

I proposed to my girlfriend on the Saturday and the restaurant the concierge recommended was aamzing..the violin d'ingres.

I could not have been happier with the stay and the staff made it a weekend never to forget. Would recommend this hotel to anyone planning a trip to Paris.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Howard M
Reviewed 15 October 2017

Following an urgent call to a meeting in Paris, within 3 hours I had booked a flight and for the first time ever went onto lastminute.com.
With some intrepidation I chose a "secret hotel" thinking can this really be what its claimed, to my absolute surprise it was the W Paris Opera, a genuine bargain (well done last minute it really is true)
Now to the hotel, upon arrival you cannot be anything other than impressed at the shear buzz of the place, your greeted by the welcoming door staff and shown to reception.
Upon checking in the receptionist made reference to "my small room" and when asked could I have an upgrade, following a quick look at their system, I was advised no problem and even better it was complimentary.
Your first impression of the hotel is one of smart elegance and trying its hardest to be trendy, and succeeding.
The room itself was more than adequate albeit not large but everything worked, the positives, it was clean and well equiped including an iron and board and a decent hairdryer (why don't more hotels do this rather than make you struggle with the stuck to wall limp efforts)
The hotel reception and room staff were excellent.
The hotel is ideally located and easy to connect to the metro links.
The negatives: Sitting in the lobby area is akin to sitting in a disco, which is fine if your on downtime, but trying to have any sort of business meeting is near on impossible.
Unfortunately no trip to Paris is complete without the obligatory poor service from waiting on staff and this was no different, the time taken from ordering a drink to it finally arriving was excessive.
Having ordered a coffee and pastry on the morning of departure, whilst the coffee duly arrived no sign of the pastry, and after several requests and a further coffee it arrived upon which I was told that they had run out and indeed they had baked this especially for me..
and it was complimentary, so a bad situation well retrieved.

In summary, good hotel, great location, and a fantastic bargain.

Stayed: October 2017
Reviewed 9 October 2017

SO I’m a plat SPG member on pace to hit a 100 nights this year and a lifetime gold already, used a suite night upgrade arrived at 230pm , I had requested early check in ok cool its not ready occupied by a plat member they say he’s got til 3 should be ready by 4 I take a bus tour spin around the city look at my watch its 530 PM !!!!! They took my number no call no text when I get back to the hotel every one looking like stunned deers in headlights on what a call what do you mean shrug SIMPLE FACKING TERRIBLE , the room is not worthy of a suite night upgrade that I used and I would height reccomend don’t book here and if you don’t then don’t use an upgrade because it gets worse, on day two I had to call and ask to have the maid sent back apparently they over looked making the bed , yes you read that right THEY DIDNT MAKE THE BED or leave towels. Thankfully I have one night left here before returning home

Room Tip: JUST DONT , the Westin is bad but not this ba =d
  • Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple