“Birthday and proposal stay”
Review of W Paris - Opera

W Paris - Opera
Ranked #417 of 1,805 Hotels in Paris
Reviewed 19 October 2017 via mobile

I recently booked this hotel as a surprise for my girlfriend's birthday. I contacted the hotel two weeks in advance to ask for restaurant recommendations and also if they could place some balloons in our hotel room for my girlfriend on arrival.

When we arrived we were upgraded from a standard suite to one overlooking the opera house on the top floor. Balloons were laid out on the bed and a bottle of champagne was also provided. The staff could not have done anymore to make it such a fantastic stay.

I proposed to my girlfriend on the Saturday and the restaurant the concierge recommended was aamzing..the violin d'ingres.

I could not have been happier with the stay and the staff made it a weekend never to forget. Would recommend this hotel to anyone planning a trip to Paris.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Howard M

Reviewed 15 October 2017

Following an urgent call to a meeting in Paris, within 3 hours I had booked a flight and for the first time ever went onto lastminute.com.
With some intrepidation I chose a "secret hotel" thinking can this really be what its claimed, to my absolute surprise it was the W Paris Opera, a genuine bargain (well done last minute it really is true)
Now to the hotel, upon arrival you cannot be anything other than impressed at the shear buzz of the place, your greeted by the welcoming door staff and shown to reception.
Upon checking in the receptionist made reference to "my small room" and when asked could I have an upgrade, following a quick look at their system, I was advised no problem and even better it was complimentary.
Your first impression of the hotel is one of smart elegance and trying its hardest to be trendy, and succeeding.
The room itself was more than adequate albeit not large but everything worked, the positives, it was clean and well equiped including an iron and board and a decent hairdryer (why don't more hotels do this rather than make you struggle with the stuck to wall limp efforts)
The hotel reception and room staff were excellent.
The hotel is ideally located and easy to connect to the metro links.
The negatives: Sitting in the lobby area is akin to sitting in a disco, which is fine if your on downtime, but trying to have any sort of business meeting is near on impossible.
Unfortunately no trip to Paris is complete without the obligatory poor service from waiting on staff and this was no different, the time taken from ordering a drink to it finally arriving was excessive.
Having ordered a coffee and pastry on the morning of departure, whilst the coffee duly arrived no sign of the pastry, and after several requests and a further coffee it arrived upon which I was told that they had run out and indeed they had baked this especially for me..
and it was complimentary, so a bad situation well retrieved.

In summary, good hotel, great location, and a fantastic bargain.

Stayed: October 2017
Reviewed 9 October 2017

SO I’m a plat SPG member on pace to hit a 100 nights this year and a lifetime gold already, used a suite night upgrade arrived at 230pm , I had requested early check in ok cool its not ready occupied by a plat member they say he’s got til 3 should be ready by 4 I take a bus tour spin around the city look at my watch its 530 PM !!!!! They took my number no call no text when I get back to the hotel every one looking like stunned deers in headlights on what a call what do you mean shrug SIMPLE FACKING TERRIBLE , the room is not worthy of a suite night upgrade that I used and I would height reccomend don’t book here and if you don’t then don’t use an upgrade because it gets worse, on day two I had to call and ask to have the maid sent back apparently they over looked making the bed , yes you read that right THEY DIDNT MAKE THE BED or leave towels. Thankfully I have one night left here before returning home

Room Tip: JUST DONT , the Westin is bad but not this ba =d
  • Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 7 October 2017 via mobile

First - to fellow SPG members, hotel does NOTHING to accommodate your early check in policy with Starwood ambassador platinum. The other SPG properties do. I flew all night and 8 hours later I'm still sitting here, passed out on my feet,

Staff more fun nterested inwhatever art function they are running than in dealing with really issues. Service is disgusting.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled on business
Zied C, Front Office Manager at W Paris - Opera, responded to this reviewResponded 11 October 2017

Dear Madam,

First of all, we thank you very much for choosing the W Paris Opera for your recent stay and for your feedback.

As you can imagine we are dismayed to hear that we did not exceed your expectations during your stay with us, mainly due to a high occupancy period.

As one of our most valuable guests, we are always trying to offer early check-in. Unfortunately with the Fashion week in Paris, the hotel was fully booked up and we did not have any room ready in the morning.

We wish we had an opportunity to turn that experience in a positive one directly at the hotel.

We would be more than glad to welcome you back and to prove our outstanding quality of service due to your next stay with us!

For any further information, please do not hesitate to contact me.

Audrey Meznarie
Front Office Manager

Reviewed 6 October 2017

We had a wonderful week long stay here. We had a Spectacular Room, on the 4th floor, with a stunning view of the Opera house. The room was a good size, with enough closet space and drawers to actually unpack our suitcases. Bed was comfortable, and shower was spacious. There were minor issues with the internet and tv not always working, but easy enough to work around. Besides, with everything in Paris, we weren't exactly staying in the hotel all day! The location was perfect for getting to anything in Paris, much of it by foot.

We had the breakfast buffet -- it was delicious and had a lot of options. The best part though, was that it opens early, so if you're catching a train for a day trip, you can eat before leaving.

The best part though, far and away, was the staff. They helped us make reservations long before we arrived (you name it, they did it: restaurants, hair salons, etc.). They gave us advice about train schedules. They kept the fancy butter and cheese we bought refrigerated for us. They helped my husband surprise me with flowers. And they sent up complimentary (and adorable) balloons and champagne and treats for my birthday. Treats at the end of every day for Paris Fashion Week. Every single person there was helpful and friendly, and truly went above and beyond for us. Out of all the countries we've visited and hotels we've stayed at (including some of the most expensive around), this was the best service experience we've ever had.

I would absolutely stay here again. Do yourself a favor and book it.

Room Tip: Spectacular Room, 4th Floor, facing the Opera
  • Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple