Hotel Monna Lisa
Le Marianne Hotel(Paris)
  • Bar/Lounge
Hotel Le A(Paris)
  • Room Service
All reviewschamps elyseesgreat locationmodern designsmall hotelsmall sizeboutique hotelheart of parishome away from homeparisian hotelsbigger roomnight stayclean roomsvisit paristhree nightscroissantsair conditioningeiffel tower
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 4 October 2010

If you are looking for a cozy boutique hotel with a fantastic location and a great value, you have found it. We have read many reviews prior to our trip to Paris and chose this hotel solemnly based on reviews from Trip Advisor. The hotel is centrally located, about 25 minutes walk from the Louvre and a 15 minutes walk from Arc de Truomphe. There are two different train stations nearby on Champs Elysees, 5 minute walk, so the convenience is really unbeatable. Since we now live in Europe, to us the rooms are a normal size with a good sized and clean bathroom. The service was great, concierge was very helpful with all our questions and they spoke very good English. Lovely hotel and a wonderful experience, will definitely stay there again for our next trip to Paris!

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 23 June 2010

A group of us stayed at the Monna Lisa as part of a business trip. It’s an intimate hotel, with a small and easy to miss entrance. The staff are friendly and helpful, however the rooms are certainly on the small size – even for Paris. The TV only had 5 channels and the view looked onto an atrium and other guest’s bedrooms so you have to keep curtains closed. On a plus side a powerful shower was a welcome redeeming factor and the location excellent.

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled on business
Reviewed 10 June 2010

I stayed at the Monna Lisa for 3 nights with my husband, 10 and 7 year old. We had a junior suite with two double beds (one a converted sofa bed) and balcony with opening doors.

It is an exceptional hotel, the space and cleanliness of the hotel are among the best we have stayed in. The location is fantastic, steps from the Champs Elysee, close to chemist, mini-market (open all hours), great restaurants, two metro stations. With young children we wanted somewhere to stay that was close to sights (Arc de Trophie - great at night) and restaurants so we did not have to go on the Metro at night - this hotel was perfect.

The staff at the hotel were very helpful and welcoming - they gave us advice on everything we requested. Always met us with a smile and took the time to speak to the children.

Paris is a fantastic city to visit and the Monna Lisa Hotel and staff made it even more special.

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled with family
1  Thank bubblepilot
Reviewed 25 April 2010

I want to make this review very simple and try to cover all areas that people want to know about this hotel. We have selected this hotel when we visited Paris in April based on the reviews in Tripadvisor…we wanted a hotel that was close to the attractions areas along with nice rooms and nice staff. Me and my wife are not that kind of people who usually spend a lot of time in hotel lobbies or eat at hotel restaurants, so this was not considered when we selected this hotel. I usually get lazy when it comes to writing reviews but this one is worth it…so, let’s talk about every point separately:
LOCATION:
You simply can’t beat the location! It is only 1 minute walking from the Champs! You will find a pharmacy, a mini market along with nice restaurants and cafés around you! Two close metro stations.
HOTEL:
Well, it is more like a restaurant rather than a hotel..because there is actually no lobby at all! There is only a front desk table with one staff member setting on it. But was that a problem? Not at all, since we woke up early morning and came back late at night everyday…so we really didn’t feel bad about not having a lobby in the hotel.
ROOMS:
Well, some of the reviews talked about how tiny the rooms are..so, we booked a deluxe room and that was a decent sized room compared to the rooms I have seen in previous stays throughout Europe…it had a setting areas with three chairs and one side of the room was all windows, which was nice. The bathroom was specious! It was just as big as the sleeping area! The bathroom was the best thing about the room! The room and the bathroom were very clean and taken care of very well…enough towels.
STAFF:
Last and certainly not least, the STAFF! Staff are what I care about most in any hotel or a restaurant I go to..and let me tell you something, I have never come across friendlier staff in any place I have been to before. They were extremely helpful and supportive and I can’t remember a time where they were not smiling to us whenever we came to the hotel or when we left! The helped us with maps, restaurants, attractions sites and the metro stations. Our flight was delayed because of the Volcano problems that hit Iceland and they had no problem looking after our bags until we came back at night to pick them up in our way to the airport. Special thanks to David, Tatiana and Marco from the staff…they were the best…
PRICE:
Reasonable considering all the points above.
So, this hotel is highly recommended..but if you are after big hotels with large lobbies…look somewhere else.

• Stayed: April 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank nawafe
Reviewed 31 March 2010

I recently stayed on business and was recommended this hotel by one of my colleagues. I was upgraded to a suite, which was very comfortable and had a small balcony...great to open the doors for some fresh air. It's a small hotel but perfect location...literally steps from the Champs Ellysees. Great for business as I could walk to most of my client meetings. Limited services, but then again the location had everything at its doorstep (restaurants, small grocery next door, etc). It was very clean and the staff were very friendly. I would recommend it highly - great for a short weekend break or a few days of business.

• Stayed: March 2010, travelled on business