“Fantastic value (on a deal) great staff and location - highly recommended!”

Melia Paris Notre-Dame
Ranked #320 of 1,805 Hotels in Paris
Reviewed 27 February 2012

We managed to get this hotel via a great lastminute.com deal for £110 per night. I think the normal price is closer to £160 per night. We also received a free upgrade on the room upon arrival, so what we got fpr 3110 per night (by Paris standards!) was fantastic! The front of house staff were all very friendly, knowledgaeable and spoke good English. The room (a superior) was large for Paris and the bathroom was OK - not amazing, but definiotely OK!
The bed was really comfortable (quite hard, which I like). The location is really second to nonem, 2 minutes from Notre Dame but out of the tourist hubbub.
Highly recommended.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
solmelia2010, Guest Experience Meliá Hotels International France at Melia Paris Notre-Dame, responded to this reviewResponded 2 March 2012

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your kind comments and for choosing the Meliá Colbert Boutique Hotel in Paris. We have appreciated very much your feedback concerning our staff and our rooms.
We look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Best regards,

Priscilla Pascal
Guest Experience
Meliá Hotels International France

Reviewed 29 January 2012

My boyfriend booked this hotel for my birthday, because of its central location. Neither of us had been to Paris before, so we didn't know what to expect, but I had heard from friends that hotels were small and claustrophobic. This could not be less true of the Melia Colbert. Our room was spacious, and exquisitely decorated, and every bit as chic as I had hoped it would be!
The staff at reception were incredibly polite and helpful, offering plenty of sightseeing advice and directions.
I couldn't believe how close were to Notre Dame! The location was fantastic!
The only thing I would say, is that the mattresses were ridiculously hard. Other than that, it was true perfection. Plenty of amenities nearby. I would recommend Le Boteille D'Or Restaurant - So good!
The Hotel made for a magical weekend, and it was utterly breathtaking!

Room Tip: Room 25 was spacious, and had a lovely view of the garden at the front of the hotel. Avoid the groun...
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled as a couple
4  Thank StephanieW92
Reviewed 28 January 2012

My girlfriend and I came away for her brithday I booked as a surprise and I decided that my research narrowed the choice down the Colbert.

We arrived at the hotel and were met warmly by Antonio. Curious, professional and could not do enough to make sure we knew where bistros, sights and shops were.

He also upgraded us immediately upon hearing that it was my partner's birthday - to the premier suite no less with the balcony overlooking the front garden.

Throughout our stay so far the service has been impeccable.

Pay no heed to the negative feedback for this establishment. It is totally unwarranted.

• Stayed: January 2012
1  Thank thomaszabbott
Reviewed 24 January 2012

My husband and I booked our honeymoon reservations several months in advance of our trip. We arrived at the hotel we originally booked (by the Eiffel Tower) and my husband's allergies immediately started acting up. While in Berlin the week prior, we stayed at Melia Berlin (another five-star experience), so we cancelled our 4 night room reservation and called Melia Colbert to reserve a room.

Our initial impression of Paris was not very glamorous -- and we wanted to go back to Munich for the remainder of our honeymoon. Our thoughts and expectations changed as soon as we got to Melia Colbert. The hotel staff is incredibly helpful. The hotel is right around the corner from Notre Dame and within 2 blocks from public transportation. The entire experience of Paris changed by simply staying at Melia Colbert. We utilized the laundry service which arrived back in our room that afternoon. We could not have been happier. If you stay at Melia Colbert, please check our Le Reminat (around the corner - the concierge will give you direction) -- best restaurant in Paris in my opinion.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank SarahG1982
Reviewed 16 January 2012

Many people who write reviews about Paris hotels are shocked that the rooms, bathrooms and elevators are small or that the Wi-Fi doesn't work. Get over it! It's Paris! If you want everything in your room, go to Toledo, Ohio and stay at the Hyatt. The reason why the food, the wine, the culture and the beauty of Paris is so fabulous is because for generations the Parisians have been more concerned about those things instead of designing plumbing so you can have a large shower area. This hotel is in a perfect location for tourists (right next to Notre Dame, Latin Quarter and Metro stations), the staff is extremely friendly and helpful. The room was very modern, nice and good size (by Paris standards). The bed was a little hard. I can highly recommend it for travelers. One last travel tip - Paris Metro stations ticket machines do not take American credit Cards, so you should buy them on the EuroStar or at the Metro ticket windows.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled as a couple