“Comfortable in good central location”

Holiday Inn Paris-Gare de L'Est
Ranked #764 of 1,802 Hotels in Paris
Reviewed 9 October 2017

Found some great places to eat nearby and handy location as could walk to Gare du Nord easily as well as being next to Gare de L'Est. The room, although small, was clean and cosy. I slept well and it had great blackout curtains. Only issue was I couldn't get BBC World on the TV. Shower was amazing and hot too. Good breakfast options. Check-in took ages - they really need more than two people on the front desk for a hotel of that size.

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled on business
Benoit M, Directeur général at Holiday Inn Paris-Gare de L'Est, responded to this reviewResponded 12 October 2017

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your comments about Holiday Inn Paris Gare de l’Est. It was a great pleasure to welcome you to Paris, and we are glad to hear that you had an enjoyable stay with us.
Thank you very much for pointing out your overall satisfaction with the hotel even if the check-in took ages.
We look forward to welcoming you back again soon.
In the meantime, we remain at your disposal.

With warm regards,
Benoit Manceaux

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.

Reviewed 7 October 2017

The location is the best thing about this hotel as it is right across the street from the Paris Gare de l'est train station. However, the room was very disappointing. At first glance one would think the room is nicely decorated and up-to-date. The cleanliness was not up to par and after taking a closer look, you realize that the fixtures, furniture and amenities lack quality. The carpet had multiple stains (from coffee, makeup, dirt etc.) and the walls had random marks and scuffs. If the quality of a suite was this poor, I can only imagine how disappointing a standard room would be. The breakfast was average at best. I would not stay at this hotel again.

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled with family
2  Thank Alexa2985

Dear Guest,

I am sorry to read about your dissatisfaction and for the negative impression you had during your stay with us.
I invit you to contact me directly to share your bad experience.
You certainly have several choices in Paris, but I hope you will give me another opportunity to welcome you and to regain your confidence.

Sincerely

Reviewed 7 October 2017

Stopped here on my way to Frankfurt. The hotel was nice but typical European style. Staff was friendly and helpful. Best thing about it is the location...across the street from the train station. I would stay again if I'm ever back in Paris.

• Stayed: April 2017, travelled on business

Dear Guest,

We would like to thank you for your comment on TripAdvisor regarding your recent visit at Holiday Inn Paris Gare de l’Est. We are delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay in our hotel.
We hope to have the pleasure of seeing you again soon at Holiday Inn Paris Gare de l’Est

Best regards

Reviewed 3 October 2017 via mobile

we arrive late around 7. rexeptionist is 24 hour. very near from gare de est station just cross the street. location is goos. near tour bus stop. the room also good. accomodate us with sofa bed and king size bed.
minus:
1. they charge me twice for tbe hotel with my creadit card. after complaint by phone they will return it within 3 weeks.
2. breakfast no variety of food.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family
Benoit M, Directeur général at Holiday Inn Paris-Gare de L'Est, responded to this reviewResponded 6 October 2017

Dear Guest,

Thank you for selecting the Holiday Inn Gare de l'Est for your recent stay to Paris and for your comment.
I regret we charge you twice and I present my apologies.

I hope to have the pleasure to welcome you again soon.

Best regards

Reviewed 2 October 2017 via mobile

The Holiday Inn service is pathetic. The first room had a vinegar/ vomit stench. We had to request another room, which meant we had to wait. The new allocated room much better, but did not have all the amenities of the first - kettle cups tea n coffee were not replenished by the cleaning staff. I had to call reception and the person that brought it up - brought up half the items. Second night the cleaning stuff had not replaced the tea coffee again.
2 October 2017, I had to call reception several times before they answered to request an iron & ironing board. I was told it will be sent to my room- it never came. When I went down I was told that none are available and I will have to call back at 8:00am.

The rooms are decent and location is not bad- the service really needs to be addressed.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple

Dear Guest,

I invit you to contact me directly to share your bad experience.

Sincerely