“Great eclectic hotel in an ideal location”
Review of Prince de Conti

Prince de Conti
Ranked #1,127 of 1,803 Hotels in Paris
Reviewed 6 July 2016

We arrived early from the airport as our flight from the US landed at 6:45. They didn’t have a room but brought us down to breakfast which was set in a nicely decorated room downstairs. They soon had a room ready for us and we were able to freshen up and dive into Paris sightseeing. The service staff at the hotel were very friendly and the hotel is decorated in a pleasant mix of styles. The rooms in front of the hotel had very high ceilings and were arranged on 3 levels to take advantage of the space. The stairs are steep and bathroom is on the first level while the bed is on the third, so it might not be for everyone. To be safe, you might want to ask for a room facing the courtyard. It will also be more quiet. The location is terrific, within blocks of the Odeon metro stop and all the great restaurants, bars and open air stalls selling produce and cheeses. You’re right on the river with short walks to Notre Dame and the Louvre. Ideal.

Room Tip: rooms facing courtyard are quieter, there is a club/lounge near the front of the hotel
  • Stayed: June 2016, travelled as a couple
3  Thank viaggiox
Pavel P, Responsable commercial at Prince de Conti, responded to this reviewResponded 22 July 2016

Dear Viaggiox

Thank you for your very nice review! We are happy to hear that you appreciated our semi-triplex deluxe room and that you could enjoyed of the early check-in. It is important to us to know that the staff and amenities participated to your wonderful experience as this is one of our first priorities. We have many different rooms in this hotels so we recommend that our customers contact us directly so we can find the best match for their stay!

Looking forward to welcoming you back again.

Pavel Pacheco

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.

Reviewed 2 July 2016 via mobile

I stayed here for only one night with my husband. The staff was very friendly and helpful. The hotel is very funky/unique! I like the charm and perfect location to all of the popular attractions in Paris! The rooms are a bit outdated, but seemed clean. Our bathroom was very strange. The shower water would spray all over the bathroom because the shower door was not complete. Our only real complaint was the bathroom. If we had been staying longer than one night, we would've asked for a different room.

Stayed: June 2016, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Andrea H
Pavel P, Assistant sales manager at Prince de Conti, responded to this reviewResponded 23 September 2016

Dear Andrea S,

We are sorry about your shower situation, despite your lovely stay we sincerely regret this incident. We have been renovating the hotel little by little and some rooms are brand new. In fact this hotel does not have two rooms alike! So please next time contact us directly so we can find the best match for you!

We hope to see you again for your next time in Paris.

Regards,

Reviewed 28 June 2016

I loved this hotel and what a great deal when you book in advance! While booking, I went back and forth with the staff a few times in order to choose a room that would meet my requirements. I was even able to choose the decor I wanted. I mentioned that I was worried about the black mold claims from reviews on TripAdvisor and was ensured that the room I chose would have none of that. There is an elevator that took us to the 5th floor where our room was. After reading some reviews here, I was expecting a tiny closet but the room was about the same size as my bedroom growing up... I couldn't do a cartwheel in it but I was able to walk around comfortably. Our room was cleaned and the towels were replaced every day. The location is perfection, it's right next to la Seine walking distance to the Louvre, Orsay, Orangerie, Notre-Dame. It's also a 5 minute walk away from rue Buci where there are amazing cafes and restaurants. The staff is very friendly, I sprained my ankle and they gave me some icepacks. There is someone at the front 24hrs a day always willing to help. I 100% recommend Prince de Conti, it was extremely worth the money.

Room Tip: Ask for room 52, the bathroom is renovated and you have a nice view
  • Stayed: May 2016, travelled as a couple
3  Thank esss k
Reviewed 11 June 2016

Right at Pont Neuf! I thought the room small at first, but was expecting that. Beds (we had two twin beds placed adjacent to each other) were firm with a soft topper -- perfect for us! Bathroom was in good shape. We stayed in a "superior double" room on 2nd floor (European system: ground floor = 0). The lift was pretty large and never slow to arrive. Window had a view of courtyard below and a gold dome from a building along a Quay. Very quiet! I went off to Provence for a week, and stayed in another Paris hotel with a friend on return, SO know that the bathroom at Prince de Conti was fairly large and well-equipped (great towels, bath gel, and shampoo) and that the room was quite decent size and well-organized. Staff was very friendly, gave great directions when asked, printed a boarding pass, emailed our airport shuttle company to be sure they could get to hotel because the road was temporarily closed to cars. Took calls from shuttle driver as he approached, and then the gentleman on duty when we left actually carried my suitcase down the street to where the shuttle driver could park. We were within walking distance of almost everything we wanted to see, and could walk to a couple of different metros if we wanted. I thought the breakfast a bit overpriced, as we typically eat small breakfasts, and we were easily able to find several good "cafe & croissant" options nearby. We brought wine, baguette, and cheese to the room for evening snack; apparently that was OK; we did clean up after ourselves. Coffee provided in room was only instant (electric kettle), but was quite acceptable. The French don't typically use milk in their coffee, though, so no creamer is provided. TV provided a French news channel in English -- so we could keep up with the strikes and other excitement of the day. I would happily stay there again!

• Stayed: May 2016, travelled as a couple
3  Thank marshmomma
Reviewed 21 May 2016 via mobile

The staff was really helpful. We had a big room facing a narrow street. There were stairs inside the room that were rather steep, but we liked the coffee making facilities and the different sitting areas. We were not disturbed by any noice from the street. The breakfast room was nice with a good breakfast. There was yoghurt, cereals, bread, cheese, eggs and bacon. Coffee and tea and freshly made orange juice. Fruit salad and different marmelades was also server. A nice lady was in charge of the breakfast room.

Stayed: March 2016, travelled as a couple
3  Thank asepaasen
Pavel P, Attaché Commercial at Prince de Conti, responded to this reviewResponded 7 July 2016

Dear Asepaasen,

Thank you for taking time to share your experience. We are very happy to hear that you enjoyed one of our Deluxe Duplex rooms and that the staff was helpful and nice as it is an essential part of the service we aim to offer.

We are looking forward to welcome you back again!

Warm regards,