“Nice but no Sleep Number bed!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Madison Hotel by MH

Madison Hotel by MH
Ranked #124 of 1,794 Hotels in Paris
San Diego
“Nice but no Sleep Number bed!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 July 2012

Clean, modern, reasonable size by Paris standards, nice staff, and good area if you prefer a somewhat quieter area (which we liked.). Plenty of nice cafes and within walking distance of many attractions.

The courtyard view is basically a view of outside walls, but quiet.

Overall a nice hotel, except the beds and pillows were not comfortable, especially since all sites such as Expedia and Hotels.com state that the hotel has Sleep Number beds by Select Comfort. I am not sure where this misinformation began, but personnel at the hotel have never even heard of a Sleep Number bed!!

• Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
3 Thank cgarrett101
, General Manager at Madison Hotel by MH, responded to this review, 10 July 2012
Dear cgarrett 101,

Thank you for your feedback. I am pleased that you have enjoyed our very central yet quiet location on Saint-Germain-des Prés.

I was concerned, however, to learn that you were not fully satisfied with the comfort of our beds and pillows...
Thank you for letting me know about Sleep number beds. There was a terrible misunderstanding between us and Expedia because we do not have Sleep Number Beds.

Besides the issues mentioned above I hope that you will give us the opportunity and the pleasure to welcome you back to the Madison Hotel.

Best wishes,
Caroline Demon - General Manager
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (141)
  • Turkish first
westchester, new york
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 June 2012

Ok, clean hotel with a good location and a pleasant staff BUT my husband and I were expecting a romantic charming hotel and this it was not. Tiny room barely fit luggage, two twin beds pushed together, detached toilette, tiny bathroom, view of a wall and air conditioning unit, mediocre breakfast for 25 euros each! For the money they are charging there are so many other choices. Wouldn't stay again- we've travelled quite a bit and this is a 3 star hotel.Maybe there are much nicer rooms, we certainly didn't get one!

• Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
5 Thank larmar055
, Directeur général at Madison Hotel by MH, responded to this review, 25 June 2012
Dear Larmar055,

Thank you very much for sharing your impressions on the Madison Hotel with us.

About the breakfast, it is the first time we receive this kind of complaint from our guests. The breakfast you mention is actually € 25, which includes a wide range of fresh and home made products : coffee, croissant and fresh orange juice, eggs, fine pastry, cereals, fresh fruit salads, etc...

Some of our rooms are indeed small, however we do communicate the exact size on our web site, so to be perfectly transparent.

Should you need further information, I remain at your disposal.

Your Sincerely,
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 June 2012

Eye-wateringly expensive unless you're on company expenses (or get a better deal than I did: 300 euros per night!) That was excluding breakfast at another 25 euros per head. Sacre Bleu! We were escorted to our room, which was well furnished and very comfortable but be warned - quite a few rooms seemed to have a view from their window into a set of air-conditioning units. That was the view from our window. I nearly requested a change, but couldn't face the hassle. When I checked out, someone checking-in was back at the desk requesting a change, but was having no luck. Given the way the hotel is built, in fact, I'd guess the majority of the rooms do not face out onto a Parisienne Boulevard.
On the positive note, the rooms are of a pretty high standard with coffee making facilities, mini- bars (I didn't dare test my wallet on this), dressing gowns, slippers, air conditioning that is simple to work, multi-channeled flat screen satellite tv and aesthetic decor. Bathroom was small but adequate. The hotel itself was pretty tidy and modern and the staff were great, very helpful and friendly which, for Paris, is always a plus. Most spoke really good English too, and not grudgingly!
The location was the best thing in my opinion. It's right next to two Metro line stops, but you can walk to the Seine and Notre Dame cathedral in about ten minutes. Restaurants and cafes abound, and nearby shops attest to the fact that you are in an expensive area - it's all Ralph Lauren, Prada, Gucci and other fashion victim temples. It's easy to relax and unwind despite the fact that you're in the heart of the city. I'd probably return to this hotel if I could be sure of a room with a boulevard view. I suppose the cost is probably not outrageous given the standard, location and character of the hotel, but it would make me pause for thought.

Room Tip: Ask to have a room NOT facing inward over the air conditioning units.
Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple
Dear Uryjm,

Thank you for taking the time to inform us about your impressions on your recent stay at the Madison Hotel.

We are happy that you enjoyed your stay and that you were able to appreciate the excellent and dynamic location of the hotel.
We are most happy about the fact that despite theview of your room, you state that you are longing to return, which is perhaps the best compliment we could hope for.

We look froward to welcoming you soon again,

Asbury Park, New Jersey
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 June 2012

Went to Paris for a suprise 40th Birthday weekend. I had nothing to do with the hotel choice, and I could not have picked a better place. I love boutique hotels. The only issue we had was that 2 deluxe rooms were confirmed several times prior to arrival. Upon arrival we were informed that there was only 1 available. We were told a tour company had booked the hotel and that they were given the deluxe. The downgraded room was nice and adequate, just not as large as the deluxe bedroom or it's bathroom. The hotel staff was very accommodating. Spoke great english. Great with directions. The hotel is in a very very good location. I am very partial to the St.Germain area. It is my favorite part of Paris. The Rue de Buci is right across the street and great for shopping or a sidewalk cafe. The area between St Sulspice and the hotel is a great area too, lots of small shops and restaurants. You can walk to the Louvre and Notre Dame no problem! We were barely in our room, because we were out and about getting lost in Paris and drinking wine anywhere we felt the need to. But the hotel was a great place to come home to! The rooms were decorated beautifully the beds were super comfy the drapes darkened the room totally and the windows blocked out any outside noise! I can't say enough good things about Madison Hotel. I just love Paris and the Madison make it that more special.

Room Tip: Deluxe Room
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled with friends
Dear JeannieStu,

Thank you for your feedback on your stay which I gather is pretty favorable. As far as staff friendliness is concerned, I take on board your observations and will endeavor to improve this aspect of our service standards together with my colleagues.

I nevertheless hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you soon again to the Madison Hotel, until then I remain,

London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 June 2012

Absolutely amazing hotel...great location right by the metro station...not much else I can say other that how great it was. Staff were very kind and spoke excellent English. The room was gorgeous. I stayed with a friend for only one night and it was totally worth it! We didn't have to worry about a thing because the hotel took care of everything. Nothing was too much trouble!! Whenever a Paris trip comes up...I will definitely be returning to this hotel!!! Thoroughly recommended!!!

Room Tip: I don't think it matters what room you have because they are all beautiful!
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled with friends
2 Thank Kelly J
Dear Kelly J,

It is truly a pleasure to see that the Madison Hotel has successfully achieved in bringing a positive contribution to your stay in Paris.

It is on behalf of all my colleagues here that I extend to you our sincere feeling of gratitude for having stayed with us and for relating your positive experience in such fine terms.

We all look forward to welcoming you soon again to Paris and the Madison Hotel,