Hotel Abbatial Saint Germain
US$ 207
US$ 297
US$ 230
  • Restaurant
Hotel Vice Versa(Paris)(Great Value!)
US$ 154
US$ 285
Trip.com
  • Fitness centre
1,177 results
All reviewslatin quarterblock from notre damegreat locationmaubert mutualiterooms are smallsaint germaingood sizecroissantsside streetleft bankrer bfront desk stafffew blocksmetro stationminute walkstreet noisetiny elevator
Reviewed 27 March 2012

We stayed at this Hotel last weekend, and really enjoyed our stay, in the heart of the Latin Quarters. Clean and quiet room, friendly staff. The Buffet breakfast for an extra 12 euros is quite modest, but truly french and tasty. A good place to start exploring Paris, walking distance to great places and sights (Seine, Notre Dame, Louvre, Les Marais) and busy cafes and restaurants, yet situated in a tranquil corner of the Latin Quarters. Nice bistro with tasty and generous lunch meals on the corner. Recommended!

• Stayed: March 2012
Reviewed 24 March 2012

We arrived at this location late at night and the man on staff was great (so wish I could remember his name). He gave us great advice on places to eat and set us up with the tour around town. The room was clean and well kept. We would absolutely stay here again!

Room Tip: Make sure to specify if you want your own personal shower.
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 21 March 2012

My wife and I stayed at this hotel on March 12 2012. This was our first hotel on our European vacation..we slept all night on plane from US went to Madrid for the day then took a Spanish Airline to Paris. I will say if you get a taxi from the Charles G Airport...it is the most expensive option available We were looking forward to our shower and room...the lobby is beautiful and the location is great bc you can easily walk to the Notre Dame Cathedral. Also look for Shakespeare and Co... it is near the ND Cathedral. It's a famous bookstore...Samantha Brown from the travel channel recommends it and do I. This hotel is also very near the tube (Metro) subway...so you can easily access all of Paris within minutes. I rated this hotel average because of the bathroom, stairs, and hallways. This hotel is excellent in price and they will hold your luggage after you check out while you tour the city.However..The rooms are very small, while they are updated..the walls seems to be paper thin. The elevator is more of a luggage lift..or a one person/one suitcase lift. If you are wanting to experience Paris as they did 20 years ago plus then this is a great hotel bc it is VERY SMALL as it is in the older, most historic part of Paris. The staff is very nice and as far as rooms go it was okay. My wife did not like the fact that there were no curtains on bathroom window. Don't expect to watch tv there is maybe 5 channels 2 clear and none in English, as you really shouldn't want to...YOU are in Paris. No Ac either but there heating. It is just fine if you crack a couple windows. There is a toilet seat on toliet...you will find if you look for toliet in the city site seeing...toliet seats are MIA..which is very important to women at all times and men only sometimes. We recommend the Cafe/Patissere (that is as you are leaving hotel directly next door on right.) fabulous coffee, capp, and french goodies. There is a Parisian Street Market during most days across street from Metro entrance. Many places to exchange currency in walking distance.
I would recommend this hotel to someone on a budget..
They do have free Wifi.. just ask the front desk and follow his or her instructions..it is not complicated but there is a short process. The only had one american plug converter and it was being used so your best bet is to buy your own and keep it with you for charging phones/comp, or straightening hair, etc

Room Tip: Good price..great for those on a budget
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Jeremy L
Reviewed 17 March 2012

This was my second stay in Paris. I stayed for 7 nights at Hotel Abbatial Saint Germain. I loved this hotel. Its location is perfect, near Notre Dame, a very central spot for Paris. There is a metro station nearby, just one block of walking distance. I took the room 57, a double comfort room, with view to Boulevard Saint Germain. The room is a little small, but for me that's not a problem, and it is very acceptable for a hotel in Paris. Both room and bathroom were very clean, and the décor is nice. The bed was extremely comfortable. For Paris standarts, it was a lovely room. In the room, there is a LCD flat screen TV with internacional channels, Free Wi-Fi, small refrigerador, hair dryer, eletronic safe, air conditioning and a very good shower in the bathroom. The towels were daily changed.

I did the on-line booking directely at the Hotel website and everything went well. The 7 nights on-line promotional booking was with breakfeast included. The breakfeast buffet was very good and complete (the only thing lacking was ham or "jamón").

The staff was very polite and helpful, giving me all the information I needed, and even helping me to book a shuttle to Orly Airport in the last night.

In fine, I really enjoyed my stay in Paris at Hotel Abbatial Saint Germain. I certainly would recomend it for everyone. And when I come back to Paris I most sure will stay in this hotel!

Room Tip: When booking directely from the hotel website, ask for your room preference. I asked for a room at a high floor and with view to Boulevard Saint Germain and that's what I was granted!
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled solo
Reviewed 7 March 2012

A friend and I searched the Internet for a couple of months trying to choose the right hotel for our stay in Paris. We wanted a small non chain hotel that was within walking distance to many different places. Hotel Abbatial Saint Germain fit our criteria. It is two blocks away from the Maubert Metro stop. Our room was small but we loved the view. Great View - Our window and small balcony overlooked a church and we could see the Eiffel Tower in the distance. Our bathroom was large for Europe. The hotel was very clean and my friend and I felt very safe walking at night. We walked to Notre Dame every morning to catch the Hop On Hop Off Open Bus tour. On our last day, we discovered that the Hop On Hop Off bus line stopped a couple of blocks down the street from the hotel. We loved the fact that there was pastry shop on every street corner. I would definitely recommend this hotel and would love to stay again.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled with friends