“great location”

Ranked #468 of 1,797 Hotels in Paris
Mayfield, United Kingdom
“great location”
Reviewed 2 April 2012

A nice hotel, small room, but not a problem for us, sadly our bathroom door did not fit or shut properly, there was not a plug within 4 feet of the kettle which was attached to the tray it was on, we felt breakfast to much money as all we needed was a croissant & coffee which we had in a cafe along the road for around 12 euros (for us both). having said all that, the bed was so comfortable we overslept one morning & the room was clean, the position to the sights good & a wealth of fabulous eating places all around, the staff all very helpful & polite & yes we would go again

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with family
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (136)
  • Finnish first
  • Turkish first
Reviewed 27 March 2012

We stayed at this Hotel last weekend, and really enjoyed our stay, in the heart of the Latin Quarters. Clean and quiet room, friendly staff. The Buffet breakfast for an extra 12 euros is quite modest, but truly french and tasty. A good place to start exploring Paris, walking distance to great places and sights (Seine, Notre Dame, Louvre, Les Marais) and busy cafes and restaurants, yet situated in a tranquil corner of the Latin Quarters. Nice bistro with tasty and generous lunch meals on the corner. Recommended!

• Stayed March 2012
Powell, Tennessee
Reviewed 24 March 2012

We arrived at this location late at night and the man on staff was great (so wish I could remember his name). He gave us great advice on places to eat and set us up with the tour around town. The room was clean and well kept. We would absolutely stay here again!

Room Tip: Make sure to specify if you want your own personal shower.
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
Midland, Texas
Reviewed 21 March 2012

My wife and I stayed at this hotel on March 12 2012. This was our first hotel on our European vacation..we slept all night on plane from US went to Madrid for the day then took a Spanish Airline to Paris. I will say if you get a taxi from the Charles G Airport...it is the most expensive option available We were looking forward to our shower and room...the lobby is beautiful and the location is great bc you can easily walk to the Notre Dame Cathedral. Also look for Shakespeare and Co... it is near the ND Cathedral. It's a famous bookstore...Samantha Brown from the travel channel recommends it and do I. This hotel is also very near the tube (Metro) subway...so you can easily access all of Paris within minutes. I rated this hotel average because of the bathroom, stairs, and hallways. This hotel is excellent in price and they will hold your luggage after you check out while you tour the city.However..The rooms are very small, while they are updated..the walls seems to be paper thin. The elevator is more of a luggage lift..or a one person/one suitcase lift. If you are wanting to experience Paris as they did 20 years ago plus then this is a great hotel bc it is VERY SMALL as it is in the older, most historic part of Paris. The staff is very nice and as far as rooms go it was okay. My wife did not like the fact that there were no curtains on bathroom window. Don't expect to watch tv there is maybe 5 channels 2 clear and none in English, as you really shouldn't want to...YOU are in Paris. No Ac either but there heating. It is just fine if you crack a couple windows. There is a toilet seat on toliet...you will find if you look for toliet in the city site seeing...toliet seats are MIA..which is very important to women at all times and men only sometimes. We recommend the Cafe/Patissere (that is as you are leaving hotel directly next door on right.) fabulous coffee, capp, and french goodies. There is a Parisian Street Market during most days across street from Metro entrance. Many places to exchange currency in walking distance.
I would recommend this hotel to someone on a budget..
They do have free Wifi.. just ask the front desk and follow his or her instructions..it is not complicated but there is a short process. The only had one american plug converter and it was being used so your best bet is to buy your own and keep it with you for charging phones/comp, or straightening hair, etc

Room Tip: Good price..great for those on a budget
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Jeremy L
Porto Alegre, RS
Reviewed 17 March 2012

This was my second stay in Paris. I stayed for 7 nights at Hotel Abbatial Saint Germain. I loved this hotel. Its location is perfect, near Notre Dame, a very central spot for Paris. There is a metro station nearby, just one block of walking distance. I took the room 57, a double comfort room, with view to Boulevard Saint Germain. The room is a little small, but for me that's not a problem, and it is very acceptable for a hotel in Paris. Both room and bathroom were very clean, and the décor is nice. The bed was extremely comfortable. For Paris standarts, it was a lovely room. In the room, there is a LCD flat screen TV with internacional channels, Free Wi-Fi, small refrigerador, hair dryer, eletronic safe, air conditioning and a very good shower in the bathroom. The towels were daily changed.

I did the on-line booking directely at the Hotel website and everything went well. The 7 nights on-line promotional booking was with breakfeast included. The breakfeast buffet was very good and complete (the only thing lacking was ham or "jamón").

The staff was very polite and helpful, giving me all the information I needed, and even helping me to book a shuttle to Orly Airport in the last night.

In fine, I really enjoyed my stay in Paris at Hotel Abbatial Saint Germain. I certainly would recomend it for everyone. And when I come back to Paris I most sure will stay in this hotel!

Room Tip: When booking directely from the hotel website, ask for your room preference. I asked for a room at a...
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled solo