Hotel de Nevers Saint-Germain
Official Site
US$ 146
US$ 137
Agoda.com
Hotel La Manufacture(Paris)(Great Value!)
US$ 156
US$ 128
US$ 231
US$ 201
Orbitz.com
See what travellers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 12 June 2007

We came to know of this hotel after having stayed in the rue de Bac
/ Sevres-Babylon neighborhood several times over the past few years. It's definitely the best bargain for a 2-star in the neighborhood - though prices seem to have crept up recently vis-a-vis what's discussed in the guides.

Rooms are simple and not huge, but they are clean, and ours, at least, had wonderful windows overlooking rue de Bac and the neighborhood. The building itself is charming - interesting exposed stonework - but history & charm mean no elevator, and the many flights of stairs are steep even for a relatively fit young couple. A good way to work off dinner?

The big catch with the hotel is reservations, which are hit or miss. It's a small hotel without e-mail, Web site, etc. and so you are dependent on the integrity of the person on the other end of an international phone line. That integrity was somewhat lacking in our case - when we arrived, we were told that while they had not honored our reservation for the first night, there was "no problem" as someone else was bound not to show up and we could have their room instead. That seemed like a bit of a problem to us, so we ended up at another hotel for our first night of the trip. One thing we found was that the night staff are generally friendlier / more helpful than the daytime folks, so it might benefit you to call during the evening hours.

• Stayed: October 2006, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
4  Thank RJ_LG
Reviewed 2 June 2007

I love the Left Bank of Paris and rue du Bac was an ideal little street to base myself. I had room #10 which was small but just fine for one person and I enjoyed my little private Parisian terrace with street view. However, I would never stay there or at least in that room if I was with another person or in the middle of summer without AC.

Stayed: May 2007
3  Thank kittykarma
Reviewed 3 April 2006

Rue Du Bac is excellent and the hotel is a good find in that location. Our room was very small indeed, but fine for a weekend stay. It was immaculate clean and the bathroom was big. It lacked a little charm, or at least our room did in comparison to the other ones I saw, but for the price at around 90 euros, I would definetely go back if looking for a cheap and clean place in a good location.

• Stayed: March 2006
3  Thank CopenhagenFoodie
A TripAdvisor Member
Atlanta, GA
Reviewed 23 July 2003

My husband, son and I have stayed at this wonderfully charming hotel on several different occasions. It was perfect for us. We had the good fortune of dinning at some of the wonderful restaurants which surround this hotel.

4  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 29 June 2003

Good recommendations from Frommers and Time out. The room was small but nice, recently renovated with neat bathrooms. Room 10 (EUR87) or 11(EUR 93) definitely the best with private terrace. The manager and another young man were friendly and helpful. no air con but its ok even in late Jun. no lift. safe neighbourhood. Walking distance to O'rsay, Louvre, Notre Dame and even Eiffel Tower(30min).

8  Thank Kodomo