See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 27 June 2013

I expect more for 485 Euros for 3 nights!
This place is clean and well located but know the facts so you can set up your expectations!

The Facts:
- The balcony turned out to be a tin roof with no view, dead plants and no table / chairs
- the sliding bathroom door fell off twice
- shower so small you had to be careful not to turn it off while washing!
- 99 stairs to climb with luggage to get to the room (no help from the owner!)
- depressing, tired decor
- dark with an oppressive feeling (perhaps some sage to cleanse the oppressive Convent energy which remains from the 1600s)
- were locked out of the hotel for 45 minutes while the receptionist (new one everyday by the way!) went to get coffee!
- a minibar in a mini room - under the desk so you couldn't sit at it?

It was clean - the cleaner was the nicest person I met in the place.

I would have been me more forgiving if there was someone friendly to greet you at the door and some kind of warmth and "presence" but all was lacking. Instead a bad attitude, rude and inattentive and arrogant enough to lock you out of the hotel!!

I have had better in a hostel!

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with friends
2  Thank Laura K
Reviewed 19 June 2013

This hotel is really in need of a good re-vamp. Our room was tiny with peeling wallpaper, a bathroom door that didn't shut properly and in each lamp one of the two bulbs wasn't working. t was clean, though, and we had a little rooftop balcony which was quirky but overall it was no way worth the money we paid. There are much better places!

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Pauline A
Reviewed 10 June 2013

When checking-in and paying in advance for the room, the receptionist tired to overcharge me. Advise: keep your reservation with you.
Room temperature was freezing.
When checking-out there were no staff in the hotel and the outside door was locked from outside to prevent any exit. I needed to wait until the receptionist arrived (from his morning baguette search - of course). No apologies, nothing. Except that they still had nerves to charge my minibar consumption (water).

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank Ilona T
Reviewed 28 May 2013

Really, it smelled like feet when you enter the room. Please, change out the carpet and add a fresh coat of paint! Fancy address isn't enough.

ATTN light sleepers: you can hear the next room's conversations (etc.) word for word.

Room Tip: No elevator! Ask for a lower floor if that's an issue.
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Clare H
Reviewed 7 May 2013

Honestly this place was pretty good. The 5 flights of stairs give you an AUTHENTIC PARISIAN EXPERIENCE. Julienne is an amazing Parisian that made the stay for my dad and I. He's just really nice. He, like almost every other parisian likes Japan a lot! One of the cleaning ladies was a jerk so we left a little of a mess. I know I know it's terrible but she was really mean!!

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family