Second stay here, on business. The reasons I like hotel are:
1) Its walkable from Gare du Nord - about 20 minutes if you go down rue Lafayette and turn left at Cadet metro. I much prefer a leg stretch after sitting on the Eurostar and its much nicer (and safer) than confronting the sleaze of the metro.
2) Despite being walkable from GDN its in a decent area with plenty of places to eat and not too far from the sights (and my office!)
3) Nice breakfast room overlooking the boulevard and a proper breakfast buffet - not just the typical Paris croissant and butter job.
It is a typical Parisian hotel "branded-up" to be a Holiday Inn and as such is nothing like what you would expect in the UK. The rooms are small and it was very hot in the hotel the second time - it never ceases to amaze me how much warmer it is in Paris than London.
I paid €99 euros the first time and €129 the second time, straight off the HI website, and its not bad value at that. Certainly much better than what you would get in London mid week. I'll stay there again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Holiday Inn - Opera Grands Boulevards Paris welcomes you in its fully refurbished 118 rooms. Located in the 9th district, only a few steps away from the Grands Boulevards Metro Station (lines 8 and 9), you will be in the heart of Paris. The most important monuments are near you: the Eiffel Tower, the Champs Elysees, Notre Dame Cathedral and the Louvre Museum. You are only a few minutes' walk from the wonderful history and culture this district is renowned for: the Opera Garnier, Galeries Lafayette, Montmartre and the Musee Grevin. Immerse yourself in the cultural life of Paris and enjoy the many famous theatres within walking distance of the hotel. Enjoy the light and the comfort of our modern, contemporary and welcoming rooms. The panoramic breakfast room with views of the neighbourhood will make you experience the excitement of the district. Our meeting room, fully equipped for 10 people, will host meetings in an elegant and well-lit setting. Easily accessible from Charles de Gaulle and Orly airports (by train RER B, bus or taxi), the hotel is also less than 10 minutes from Gare Saint-Lazare, Gare du Nord and Gare de l'Est. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, IHG, Hotels.com and Ostrovok so you can book your Holiday Inn Paris Opera-Grands Boulevards reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Paris Opera-Grands Boulevards Hotel Paris