“Superb food and service!”
Review of Restaurant Sancho

Restaurant Sancho
Reserve with
Save up to 30% when you reserve online *
Restaurant Sancho is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #9,153 of 17,405 Restaurants in Paris
Price range: US$ 29 - US$ 36
Cuisines: Japanese
Dining options: Reservations
Neighbourhood: Le Marais
Colchester, United Kingdom
“Superb food and service!”
Reviewed 23 July 2012

We stumbled upon this small restaurant one late evening when we were far too tired to walk any distance. The place is modest and unassuming. The name wrongly suggests a Spanish restaurant since the cuisine is Japanese. The service was incredibly warm and professional. The quality of food amazing. We asked to prepare vegetarian sushi and sashimi, which was not on the menu, and we were rewarded with an amazing selection of them. The prices were proportioned to the quality of food. We love the warm sake. We shall definitely be back before the holiday is over.

• Visited July 2012
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

“Slow delight”
Reviewed 7 January 2012

Great food, kind people but slow (understaffed?)
Also: take the menu, as value for money with dishes is poor. Red wine by the glass too expensive

Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Great Japanese and such friendly service - a find in Paris!”
Reviewed 13 September 2011

I ate at restaurant Sancho at the end of August - I was having a real craving for Japanese food after about 10 days of delicious French food. But my experience with Asian cuisine in Paris has been spotty, so I read a lot of reviews before trying Sancho. I couldn't have been happier! I took my book and settled back to some delicious dishes (I had cooked food, not sushi). The waitress was super-nice and helped me choose... ultimately I decided on shrimp tempura which was so good, I went back a few days later for more. The salad was wonderful as well. All in all, a pretty good value, and very nice food.

• Visited August 2011