We have stayed in apartments in UK, USA and France several times. This was a tricky one purely because it was SOOO expensive that I guess we were expecting more. The trouble is that we dont have any prior knowledge of apartment or recent hotel prices in Paris.
We booked the apartment for a family trip and we were fortunate to pay with 'points' from an award I received at work. We booked an apartment for 2 adults and 2 children. When we arrived, they offered us, at no additional cost, 2 separate studio apartments instead, which we accepted. They also allowed us to book in early which was great as we had been travelling since 3 in the morning!
The apartments were small, but clean and very useable. What they didnt have, which we were expecting, is an area where you could eat (though they had basic kitchen facilities) so we ate out every meal apart from breakfast. Neither did they have any sort of lounge area. It was really like a hotel room with a kitchenette.
When I saw the cost of the apartments I was stunned, at €350 per apartment per night, so €700 for the pair of apartments. We pay around £200/250 per night for significantly larger apartments in London (which sleep 4 people). Those apartments also have a lounge area and dining area, menaing you can control your costs by eating in rather than going out for lunch and dinner for every meal.
Clearly, if reading this you'll be comparing to other apartments and hotels so you can make a valid judgement.
The apartments were superbly located and pretty quiet for central Paris (quiter than most hotels I have stayed in). The staff were superb, and there was free tea/coffee/water etc in reception area, which was a godsend as coffee in the local cafes left you very little change from €10 for 2 coffees.
So overall it was a positive experience, though I'd struggle to 'highly recommend'.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located on the banks of the Seine, Apart'hotel Citadines Saint-Germain-des-Prés Paris is set in the heart of the Latin Quarter. Soak up the truly exceptional atmosphere of the famous Boulevards Saint-Michel and Saint-Germain, its narrow streets and its art galleries. You'll have front-row seats to a historical performance. In addition to numerous bus routes, you can count on Metro lines 4 and 7 as well as RER lines B (direct to Charles de Gaulle Airport) and C to get you where you need to go. Our reception is open 24/7. Since parking in this district can prove something of a challenge, a private car park (charges apply) is available. Because we are committed to guaranteeing you an exceptional stay, enjoy our many lounge areas, where coffee and tea are available, as well as our fitness room. Your Apart Hotel offers you an uninterrupted view of the banks of the Seine and its bookshops that will plunge you into a typically Parisian atmosphere. The Pont-Neuf, the oldest bridge in Paris, is directly opposite your door. Cross it to reach the Ile de la Cité and Notre-Dame. You can then head off to drink a hot chocolate at the Café de Flore, one of the iconic institutions of Saint-Germain-des-Prés. In the afternoon, why not go to sample one of the famed ice-creams at Berthillon, on the Ile Saint-Louis? But perhaps you would prefer to go shopping along Rue de Buci, visit the Louvre or stroll along the paths of the Luxembourg gardens. For your evening, don't forget to book a theatre seat at the Théâtre de la Ville, the Théâtre de l'Odéon or the Théâtre du Châtelet. Whether you are in Paris on business or for your holidays, our serviced apartments hotel offers you modern accommodation that is suited to your needs. From our studios for one or two people to our two-room apartments for three or four, all offer a fully equipped kitchen, cable television, air conditioning and complementary WiFi. Personalise your stay with a whole range of à la carte services: daily housekeeping, laundry and dry cleaning, buffet breakfast and flexible modular meeting rooms with views of the Seine. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com and Agoda so you can book your Citadines Saint-Germain-des-Pres Paris reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Citadines Prestige Saint-Germain-Des-Pres Hotel Paris
- Citadines Paris
- Citadines St Germain Des Pres