“Boutique hotel, excellent location, lovely staff!”

Hotel les Jardins du Luxembourg
Ranked #1,042 of 1,803 Hotels in Paris
Reviewed 8 February 2016

I was booked in to this hotel by my client, I probably wouldn't have chosen it for a business trip myself but I am glad my client chose it. It is typically Parisian with quaint balconies but slightly on the small side. I was told by reception that my room was one of the best. Situated on the 5th floor, I was very glad for the lift! The room was small and really needed updating, much like the rest of the hotel but it was very clean and the bed was really comfortable which is so important.
Unfortunately there are no tea/coffee making facilities in the room, which was really annoying but otherwise it was fairly well equipped with a tv, hairdryer and mini bar.
Breakfast was basic and not really worth the 12 euros but it was ok.
The staff are super lovely and really helpful and the reception is open 24 hours, always a bonus when out on business.
I WOULDN'T RECOMMEND THIS HOTEL FOR A BUSINESS TRIP THOUGH AS WIFI IS LIMITED, ITS FINE IN THE MAIN LOBBY AREA BUT ONCE UPSTAIRS I LITERALLY GOT NO WIFI RECEPTION.
The hotel is situated in a quiet cul-de-sac surrounded by other beautiful buildings and is 2 minutes walk from the RER station which has excellent links to the airport and exhibition centre. Opposite the station is the beautiful Luxembourg gardens and palace and 10 minutes walk from the Notre Dame. The Eiffel Tower, Pont des Arts, Louvre and Impressionist Museum as well as the other main attractions are easily accessible - all within 30/40 mins walk or a cheap cab/bus ride away.
If eating out, there is a fabulous vietnamese restaurant (Hanoi) 5 minutes walk away with a lovely brasserie on the main plaza. I would also recommend the jazz club at the end of the road - live jazz every night except Sundays and a lovely, retro atmosphere.
All in all a good stay, I would definitely stay there again but with my husband and not on a business trip.

Room Tip: Ask for one at the front of the hotel, with a balcony. Room 22 was one of the best I was told.
  • Stayed: February 2016, travelled on business
1  Thank Sammy2771
Pavel P, Attaché commercial at Hotel les Jardins du Luxembourg, responded to this reviewResponded 10 March 2016

Dear Sammy2771,

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your honest feedback with us. I'm glad to read that you appreciated the location of our hotel and that you loved the service provided by our staff. I will gladly share your comments with them. I am also pleased to read that you loved your bed and that you found your room really clean.

However, I am sorry to know that during your stay the wifi connection was limited and that didn’t work as you expected. We completely understand the importance of an efficient wifi connection for business trips, that is why we put particular attention to this matter and verified this issue with our internet supplier so this won’t happen again.

We do put some efforts in offering a comforting breakfast so please help us in making it better and do let us know what you would have liked to have for breakfast that we did not offer. We would be very happy to improve our breakfast offer.

We look forward to welcoming you back with your husband and we hope that you will consider staying with us for your next bussines trip.

Best regards,

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
There are newer reviews for Hotel les Jardins du Luxembourg

Reviewed 30 January 2016

This hotel is in the beautiful Saint Germain. Next to the gardens and still central. It is one minute walk (exit Gay-Lussac) from Luxembourg RER station. So, it is super easy access from CDG airport (train ticket costs 10 euro). The staff is great: friendly and helpful and speak English too. The beds and bed linen are amazing quality. Rooms are decorated with good taste and they are clean, cozy and comfortable. The traffic doesn't disturb as it is a quiet street. It is not totally noiseless but this is central Paris, not countryside. Just neighbouring there is a cafe and a bakery. Love this hotel and definitely recommend it.

• Stayed: January 2016, travelled on business
1  Thank EevaTravel
Reviewed 25 January 2016

We stayed here last week and were very happy with all aspects that this boutique hotel has to offer. The bedroom itself was quite small but as a base for visiting Paris, it was more than adequate with a lovely bathroom, great staff, decent price and beside the RER Luxembourg station!
Internet connection not great in bedroom but fine in reception area. Very quaint, lovely hotel. We'll be back for sure.

• Stayed: January 2016, travelled with friends
1  Thank EdinburghMaggie67
Reviewed 22 October 2015

Pros: Location
Cons: None really

Arrived via Metro from Orly and found the hotel easily. At check in the staff was helpful and friendly providing a recommendation for a place to eat lunch. We were given a ground floor room right off the lobby. The room was pleasantly quirky (window onto an atrium and a boat type window in the bathroom). Despite being right off the lobby the room was comfortable and quite. The only negative was a lack of comfortable seating. All in all, for price and location I would recommend this hotel. If you do stay do not miss a walk around Luxembourg Park. We were there on a sunny day and it was spectacular.

• Stayed: September 2015, travelled as a couple
3  Thank StephenDChicago
Reviewed 1 October 2015

I love to stay in here, the location is excellent! Only few step to Jardin du Luxembourg, just 5 mins walk, close to metro station, and you can find also many stalls selling food. The room are nice and clean. The atmosphere of this hotel is calm & lovely.

• Stayed: December 2014, travelled as a couple