2,667 results
All reviews rue du bac metro great location metro station eiffel tower heated floors left bank within walking distance executive room breakfast buffet front desk staff st germain musee d'orsay excellent hotel travel agent walked everywhere latin quarter hotel location
Reviewed 10 January 2007

This is a wonderful hotel. My husband and I stayed here in September during the gorgeous fall weather. The K&K is very welcoming and located in the perfect St Germain Des Pres location.

Our room was small as other reviews also state, but held our two suitcases and we could get to the bathroom and the door just fine. The bathrooms are updated and clean. The bed was the most comfortable on the entire two week trip in which we stayed in 5 hotels. The rooms also have air conditioning units which made the room extremely comfortable and quiet.

The hotel offers two computer terminals which was extremely helpful. They were easy to access and available at any time. There is a restaurant in the hotel that we didn't eat in after reading the other reviews on this site. Plus, there are so many places within a block or two that are very good and less expensive.

I would definitely return to the K&K the next time we are in Paris.

• Stayed: September 2006, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Shirley12LosAngeles
Reviewed 8 January 2007

My friend and I traveled to Paris in October 2006 for 5 nights. We booked our stay through [----], which gave us a better price than most sites, though it was still more than we had planned to spend. However, it was totally worth it!

We had reserved a standard room. About a week or so before our trip, I e-mailed the conceirge to request some help with a dinner reservation. In the course of these e-mails, I reconfirmed our room requests, adding that we would love to have a view of the Eiffel Tower. The conceirge responded that they could not guarantee anything, as they had limited rooms and they were in high demand (as I expected). However, we were pleasantly surprised when we got to our room (#704) and discovered a wonderful view of the Eiffel Tower! It was a definite bonus.

The room was very nice, very clean, simple but comfortable. It had 2 twin beds and a couch, a desk, a table and two chairs and a cabinet with minibar. The complimentary high speed internet was wonderful and we had no problems at all with it. The bathroom was small but functional, though more counter space would have made things easier.

The location is excellent...it's about as central as you can get. The Rue de Bac Metro station is literally steps away, right across the street. This is not a major line, but we had no problems transferring and getting around. I HIGHLY recommend the Carte Orange. Just make sure to take your own passport-sized picture. We had to get them taken there and it wasn't cheap. It was nice to have one pass that covered the Metro and bus, so we didn't have to worry about having exact change or about language barriers.

The staff was exceptional...extremely polite and helpful with every request.

There is a Shell gas station just up the street, which is nice and convenient for getting snacks and water for in the room. The French bread we got there was better than any bakery French bread here in the states! Needless to say that the French bread from the patisseries was out-of-this-world!

I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone and would love to stay here again. The view definitely made the cost worthwhile. We loved coming back to the room after a long day, having wine, cheese, and bread, and watching "the show" of blinking lights on the Eiffel Tower. Wonderful!

• Stayed: October 2006, travelled with friends
6  Thank bookaholic5
Reviewed 6 January 2007

My husband and I (both early 50s) stayed at the K+K in early December. We had never been to Europe and spoke minimal French. The hotel was perfect for us. It's located in a residential area with many very charming shops, cafes, etc. The front desk staff were all great. They helped out with restaurant ideas (loved la Petite Chaisse a couple blocks away), reservations and even gave me a french lesson for the metro.

We had an all night flight and were given the option of checking in at 7:00AM if we took a room on a lower floor with a street view. We were so tired we went for it, even though we had requested a higher floor. After all my research on Trip Advisor, I had visions of the room shaking everytime the metro went by. We really didn't notice it at all. We even slept with the french doors open a couple nights and were not bothered by street noise.

Loved that Shell Station next door (great cheap wine and snacks), the metro across the street and the breakfast (which was included in our package). I wouldn't hesitate to stay at the K+K again--I hope I get the chance!!.

• Stayed: December 2006, travelled as a couple
4  Thank ob2
Reviewed 4 January 2007

Lovely and quiet hotel on the Left Bank. Accommodations were very nice; breakfast was plentiful and diverse; Decor was comfortable to the eye. Hotel pleasantly situated for sightseeing. Lovely views from the hotel windows. Staff was very professional and helpful. All staff we encountered were bilingual, which made it all that much easier. This was the first time we had stayed at a K&K hotel and I would highly recommend it.

• Stayed: May 2006, travelled as a couple
5  Thank AlwaysPlanning-TRIP
Reviewed 2 January 2007

My boyfriend (Brian) and I traveled to London and Paris over our Thanksgiving holiday...staying at the K+K Hotel George in London from the 22nd to the 25th (I did a review for that as well) - then we headed to Paris to the K+K Hotel Cayre for the 25th - 28th..

We chose the K+K Hotels because Brian had stayed at the Cayre a few years ago and thought it was great.

Here are my impressions...

We got to the hotel around 4:00 - so no problem getting right into our room.

The lobby was very clean and uncluttered...couches to sit on to the right and a little bar with more seating to the left. Just beyond the front desk to the left was the breakfast room which was bright and airy with again, plenty of seating (I'll get back to breakfast later.)

Our room...
We were on the 2nd floor (204 - non-smoking!!) overlooking one of the side streets with cute little shops (I'll try and find the name.) It wasn't views of the Eiffel Tower, but it was very Parisian and we spent some time out on our balcony people watching. When the balcony doors were closed we were impressed by how quiet it was - it made for good sleeping!!

Furnishings were minimal but what you need - bed, nightstands, a table and chair, as well as a desk and chair. There is a flat-panel TV (which we never even turned on) and a mini fridge in the cabinet below. The room is small, but not THAT small. We utilized the closet and the suitcase stand and we were just fine. The room seemed to have been recently updated.

We were pleased to find a "real" fullish-sized bed (not two pushed together) with very nice (and clean!) linens. The comforter is down and there is a blanket in the closet for those of you who get too warm with down. The pillows are very comfortable as well - not the typical paper thin, rock hard numbers we've all encountered!
The room had free wi-fi which we made use of every day - but if you don't bring your laptop, there are two computers (free usage) just off the main lobby by the elevators. Nice touch.

The bathroom was small. Very small actually, but again, it's not like you spend that much time in there. The counters are granite, the shower is tile and the granite floor is HEATED! That to me made up for the room being so small!! There was always hot water and the pressure was excellent.

There is a hair dryer in the bath and they do provide products - though as I found with the hotel in London, I wasn't crazy about the products and the hair dryer was no match for my thick hair and I had to try it in stages for fear it would blow up! Okay, maybe not blow up, but it got very warm in my hand. I'm sure you ladies will understand...

There is also a small fitness room and massage area on the lower level complete with a sauna and showers. If you are interested in getting a massage, you must book in advance as their hours are limited. You can get a massage on off-hours, but you will pay extra for it.

We didn't utilize the fitness room, though one morning when we overslept, Brian went down there and showered so we could both get ready at the same time...so that was really convenient to have that option.

The front desk staff were polite and helpful. They weren't quite as chatty as the crew in London, but they did they're jobs efficiently and were kind enough to help with directions and suggestions when asked. They did help us make reservations at the Buddha Bar our first evening - which we never thought we would be able to get on such short notice (it was excellent!!!)

The location is ideal if you like to walk, take the bus, or prefer the metro.....

We walked to the Louvre twice and the Eiffel Tower - so the sites are within comfortable walking range.

We also bought a mulit-day metro pass which we utilized to get to Notre Dame (The Rue de Bac station is literally across the street from the hotel.) I must say that their metro isn't quite as easy to navigate say compared to London's. We weren't in any particular hurry so we got on the trains we THOUGHT we were supposed to get on and hoped for the best! Luckily we didn't have any major problems. I suggest if you want to use the metro take your time and study the maps in the station and don't be afraid to ask the metro employees for help - they are all over the place.

Okay, back to the hotel...

Breakfast was included in our rate (which was around 200 euro) so we did eat at the hotel every morning. We found it to be filling and they did replenish the items right up until 11:00. One morning we overslept and got down there at about 10:55 and the staff didn't seem bothered by it.

There are eggs and sausages if you want something warm, or there is the traditional meats, cheeses, breads, pastries, cereals, etc that you typically see on European breakfast buffets. The coffee was strong and the juices seemed fresh squeezed. There is also complimentary champagne (a little to early for us!)

There are plenty of great little restaurants close by, as well as the Shell station right down the street...you could grab breakfast or lunch in a flash for little $$.

The location is ideal, the neighborhood is charming (i'm sad we didn't have more time to explore the great stores nearby!) and we felt very safe walking even late at night.

Oh, and to address the metro rumblings below...I remember reading about it in some reviews before we left, but I never thought about it (or felt it for that matter) until we were having breakfast on our 2nd morning. To me it almost felt like a really big semi was driving down the street in front of the hotel - less the noise. It passed quickly and it really wasn't a big deal.

Overall I would not hesitate to recommend this hotel and I'm pretty confident that we'll be back someday - hopefully sooner than later!!

If you have any questions, please feel free to send me a note at lisajla@hotmail.com. HAPPY TRAVELS!!

Lisa