2,643 results
All reviews rue du bac metro great location metro station eiffel tower heated floors left bank within walking distance executive room front desk staff breakfast buffet st germain musee d'orsay excellent hotel travel agent walked everywhere latin quarter hotel location
Reviewed 16 August 2005

This is a very modern looking hotel. The rooms were very clean! The washroom tiles were heated! The free internet access was a bonus, considering my husband brought his laptop and we were able to email our family and friends from our room. We had complimentary breakfast which was very good...great variety and excellent service. It is within walking distance to almost everything...Eiffel Tower, Arc de Triompe, Louvre...and if you don't want to walk, the Metro is across the street! We would definitely stay here again!

Stayed: August 2005
8  Thank SB-202
Reviewed 16 August 2005

The hotel rooms are clean and the bed are soft and comfortable . The breakfast is the best! It is a buffet and there are alot of options. The best part is it goes to 11:30 wont sleep in and miss it!

5  Thank Tourist21067
Reviewed 14 August 2005

My daughter and i have just come back from the cayre. The location was fantastic with the metro not even a 2 minute walk away. The concierge who was on duty at 7pm each night gave us the most wonderful ideas to spend our evenings. The rooms are small but the beds very comfortable and clean and decorated in a modern way. They could not have been more helpful ie with adaptors and chargers. I would have loved a turndown service but that would make the hotel more expensive I am sure. We would love to return which is high praise from an 11 year old and a mum in her 30's.

• Stayed: August 2005
6  Thank medalie
Reviewed 11 August 2005

For $200/night (Expedia), this is a superb value for the traveler who wants to sleep well in the center of Paris at a solid 4*. Admittedly, I spent little time in the hotel proper, but I was pleased with a tastefully appointed room of the modern variety, and a balcony overlooking a typical, elegant side street in St. Germain. My limited interactions with the staff in both French and English were pleasant, and I observed the desk staff effectively helping other guests.

Other reviews comment on the gas station next door, which put me off a bit prior to staying at the hotel. Realize that this is a little Parisian gas station with a few pumps beneath an unrelated building whose facade blends into the scene. The gas station could just as easily be a patisserie instead. In all respects, the neighborhood is typical St. Germain, not some marginalized area.

Fine dining options abound nearby. For example, we strolled to l'Arpege, but that's a topic for another review...

Stayed: August 2005
7  Thank jbyers999
Reviewed 10 August 2005

Having in stayed in Paris many times before, I know there are many dud places to stay there. Thankfully, this is not one of them. We got a great internet deal on the hotel website. The hotel itself is right next to a metro station which is very convenient. I have seen some reviews complain about the noise from the station. I was on the first floor and although you got the occasional rumble sound, only the lightest sleepers would be affected.

The rooms are very clean and fresh looking. They are not huge (but this is Paris!) by any means but they are well appointed. The bathrooms are also very pretty and the underfloor heating would be great in winter. Service was very efficient and friendly. Also try to get a deal including breakfast which is great - eggs/bacon/cheeses as well as pate, smoked salmon etc etc. There was even sparkling wine on offer and the coffee was strong enough to wake you out of the worst jet lag.

A lot of the attractions are also within walking distance but even where they are not, the metro is very easy to use.

My only slight hesitation on this place is the price. We got a good internet deal (180 euros per night) but given the size of the rooms, much more than this price would have been a little hard to swallow.

• Stayed: July 2005