2,687 results
All reviews rue du bac metro great location metro station eiffel tower heated floors within walking distance left bank front desk staff executive room breakfast buffet musee d'orsay st germain travel agent excellent hotel walked everywhere latin quarter seine river
Reviewed 20 July 2005

Great hotel. The room was small, but that's normal for Europe. The front desk was helpful (and spoke English well). They helped me book reservations for dinner a few times (some of desk clerks accepted a tip, others did not, but I always offered). There is a computer free of charge to check the internet. Only complaint was that the breakfast was expensive, and the room/bathroom was small. The location is walking distance to all the sites and there is a grocery store and cafes close by. I would stay there again.

Date of stay: August 2004
6  Thank Ambassador5744
Reviewed 14 July 2005

I stayed here for 2 nights in early July 2005 based upon the reviews posted here and was not disappointed. I booked an executive upper floor room through a special that is only found on the hotels chain's website and got a good deal - 250 Euros, breakfast for 2 was included and it supposedly included a drink at the bar (although I never got a voucher or went to the bar to claim this). The room is modern, large and the furniture very Ikea-like with a comfortable king bed (no 2 twins) and fridge (minibar). The view from our 5th floor room (w/tiny stepout ledge) included the Eiffel Tower and the Invalides dome - very Paris! We had moved from another hotel near the Opera House and found this location much more tourist-friendly since there were markets and bakeries nearby that were great for snacks and drinks. The Shell station right next door was really convenient (had fresh bread, sandwiches, fruit, everything)! We walked down to St. Germain and had awesome cheese, caramel and chocolate souffles at Le Recamier! Go to the Le Petit Chaise nearby too - very reasonable and good food. The Musee d'Orsay/Seine is a few blocks away. It is a nice, relatively quiet, upscale, residential area so conveniences and restaurants abound. A good place to be based while seeing Paris!!

Date of stay: July 2005
9  Thank AndBeyond
Reviewed 25 June 2005

Great location. My brother and I spent a total of 4 nights at this hotel. We found it be be very comfortable. The staff very helpful and you could not ask for a better location. You can walk to the Latin quarter, the Louvre, Musee D'Orsey all within 5-10 mins. The Metro is across the street.

We would gladly stay there again.

Date of stay: June 2005
8  Thank Scenic15206
Reviewed 7 June 2005

Loved, loved, loved this hotel! We just got married and decided on a honeymoon in Paris. I have traveled overseas and know that many hotels aren't the same as American. I read a lot of reviews and became frustrated and then came upon the K+K reviews. Everyone had such nice things to say.
When we got there it was exactly how we had hoped. The front desk were helpful and kind, the rooms were adorable (small with an IKEA look), the maid was fantastic, bathroom was cute with heated floors and our view was great! I have never stayed in a nicer hotel in Europe. You simply can't do much better!
You will love Paris! Everyone was so nice (we weren't epecting that), there is so much to do, and the hotel is so close to everything!!!
There's the gas station right next door (sounds weird, I know) but it's great to pick up late nite snack, water etc. And the nicest, yummiest bakery right behind the hotel.
I hope you will stay here! We cannot wait to go back! Have a wonderful tim!
Au Revior!

15  Thank Raleigh
Reviewed 5 June 2005

My husband and I loved the K & K Cayre. The room was very comfortable and had all the amenities that we needed. I especially loved the heated bathroom floor. We found the staff to be very pleasant and eager to assist us when we had any questions. We also enjoyed the breakfast buffet every morning and were glad that we simply had to go downstairs instead of going out for this meal. The assortment of foods was excellent. I personally enjoyed having internet access...I could email home and check the Red Sox scores daily. Having the Rue de Bac, a Metro station, right next to the hotel was also a big plus, especially when returning from a night out. We appreciated not having to walk several blocks to get back to our hotel. Paris was just wonderful and our hotel stay at the K & K Cayre helped to make this a positive experience. We would love to return some day!

Date of stay: May 2005