“Great base for exploring Paris”
Review of Courcelles-Parc

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Courcelles-Parc
Ranked #13 of 132 Paris B&B and Inns
Calgary
“Great base for exploring Paris”
Reviewed 21 April 2012 via mobile

There are two types of bed and breakfast hosts: those who got into it for the lifestyle or with the idea of making a lot of money are very different from those who actually enjoy meeting and helping guests. Philippe Levy is warm, helpful and took a real interest in us. He provided great advice on restaurants and attractions and served us fine, French breakfasts, meaning no eggs but lots of fruit, yogurt, bread and pastries, in his elegant flat on the 6th floor.

We rented three of his four rooms, which are on the first floor, for four nights. They were very comfortable, with comfy beds, nice bathroom fixtures and very quiet for sleeping.

The location is in a non touristy neighbourhood right at Villiers metro stop, which has lines 2 and 3 running through it. We walked to Montmartre and even back from the Musee d'Orsay, so don't be intimidated by the location. This part of the 17th is a very nice address, with elegant Haussmann era buildings and lovely Parc Monceau just down the street. We will definitely return.

Stayed April 2012
1 Thank selmer
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
Leeds, United Kingdom
Reviewed 25 March 2012

there were 5 of us and we had the two rooms that share a bathroom, ideal for us. Philippe was excellent and a fantastic host. He helped us with getting around on the metro and seeing the attractions. The breakfast was really great with fresh juice, fruit and pastries. The rooms are very clean and comfy beds, very nicely decorated too. It really made our short trip to Paris special - staying with Philippe, it was like living for a night like a true Parisien. Thank you I will be coming back.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank suziewill
Hamburg, Germany
Reviewed 11 March 2012

Attracted from the good reviews here on TripAdvisor I booked 3 nights in this B&B and I am very glad I did. This is one of these places I only want to tell my best friends about but on the other hand I wish Mr. Levy as many potential customers as possible so that he can choose the nicest - cause he deserves it :)
Being a guest at this B&B is like being a personal guest from Mr. Levy. He welcomed me, asked in a very polite and friendly way for my plans and gave me a bunch of valuable advices. He really optimized my commuting time, suggested places of interest to me I didn't know yet and took with a lot of interest my recommendations. Starting the day in his living room with fresh fruit salad, baguette and interesting conversation was the best start I could imagine.
I stayed in the room "Avenue de l'Opera" which has a separate own bath room next door and a shared toilet also just a few meters away. As nobody lived in the other apartment, in fact all of the facilities were exclusive to my use so I felt I have a lot of privacy and still the independence I want in my schedule. Simply perfect.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled solo
5 Thank Krimimimi33
Rishon Lezion, Israel
Reviewed 11 February 2012

My husband and I (in our 40’s) spent 5 nights, celebrating our 20’th anniversary in the Eiffel Tower room in February. Before going we made a thorough research about Paris hotels. We were ready to pay for a really nice hotel, but came to the conclusion that even in a pricy hotel (I’m not talking about the Ritz, but something around 300$) we might end up in a tiny chamber facing a dark Inner courtyard. We didn’t want to take the risk, so we chose the B&B, where you know exactly what you get.
What can I say- everything people wrote here about Courcelles-Parc is true, and the photos you see is really how the place looks like - just beautiful. The room was everything anyone needs- spotless, spacious, quiet, warm (it was important, since it got to -9 C outside!), the shower was great, there were robes and a hair-dryer, and we even had things you don’t usually find in Paris hotels like the option to make coffee/tea in the room, and an actual computer with Internet, not just Wi-Fi (though you have that too). There is an elevator. The breakfast was also great, everything fresh and mostly even organic.
The location is also great. We were a bit hesitant at first, because it’s not right in arrondissement 1-4, but we weren’t sorry. First, a metro station serving 2 lines is just a few steps away. Second, it’s really not that far away- we walked to Arc de Triomphe, to Place de la Concorde and even to Montmartre. Third- the neighborhood is just beautiful, with a picturesque park (Monceau), interesting museums and a unique Russian church we would never get to see if we didn’t stay a few minutes walk from.
But what makes the stay here so special is Philippe Levy the host, who pays attention to every detail, and with whom we enjoyed discussing over breakfast our plans, and got great recommendations for places to visit & restaurants. He went overboard to find us a Jazz club, and just made us feel really welcome.
Thank you very much, and hope to return!

• Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
4 Thank Sarit T
Geneva, Switzerland
Reviewed 29 January 2012

Philippe is a great host who managed to create a very special place with a pleasant atmosphere. The rooms are pristine, elegant and original. The breakfast is delicious and relaxing but the best of all is PHilippe's advice on art, shopping and restaurants. We definitely recommend this place.

• Stayed January 2012