All reviewsgare duhail a cabmetro stationenjoyed our stayearly checktea and coffeepleasant hotelparis standardopened the windowthe hotel staffroissy busgood sizeminute walkcroissantsopera housethe hotel offersboiled eggs
Reviewed 8 September 2017

Wonderful Staff, we arrived at 9:30AM exhausted. The person at the front desk allowed us to look at the rooms that were ready so we wouldn't have to wait until check in time. Very clean, nice bathroom, friendly staff. Great location! 2 Metro stops Cadet and Poisonnere (sp). They were very helpful with directions. We would stay there again.

Room Tip: I say spring for a little more money, you want a room with light, we had a nice big window.
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Ferandun12
anjoulafayette, Responsable relations clients at Best Western Anjou Lafayette Opera, responded to this reviewResponded 19 November 2017

Dear Sir/Madam,

The "wonderfull staff" thanks you so much for your wonderful review.

Like you said we are just waiting you for a very soon coming stay.

Kind regards.

Reviewed 31 August 2017 via mobile

Quick support at the front desk. Room not big but not as tiny as you sometimes find in Paris. Aircon working well. New York Times ready in the morning. Wine Bar across the road. And not expensive - at least this time of the year.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled on business

Dear Sir,

The title of your comment reflects perfectly the will which ours to provide the best both technically as humanely to our hosts.

You underline perfectly the attractive price of your room in this summer period and so we hope to have the pleasure to welcome you when you will wish it even before next summer through our special "weekend" offer.

Best regards from all the BW Anjou Lafayette team.

Reviewed 25 August 2017 via mobile

I stayed here for 2 nights with my teenage daughter. The room was as expected, although a tad small. It was clean, tastefully decorated with buckets of hot water for showers. We had full windows we could open onto a small balcony. We did not eat here but there were plenty of mid priced eateries locally. We could walk from Gare du Nord (15mins), Galeries Lafayette (15 mins) and Sacre Coeur (15 mins).

Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
anjoulafayette, Responsable relations publiques at Best Western Anjou Lafayette Opera, responded to this reviewResponded 19 November 2017

Dear Sue2102,

First of all we would like to thank you very much for choosing our "lovely small hotel" to enjoy Paris with your daughter.

We can just thank you as well for all the positives points you mentionned here regarding your stay.

Pleasure to welcome you again at your convenience in order to taste some new restaurants that our "perfect situation" permise it.

Yours sincerely.

Reviewed 7 August 2017

I am little late in posting this feedback but I wanted to make sure that I write when I have enough time.
We visited Paris in the month of June-2017 and it wasn't my first trip to Paris, I have been frequent to Paris for business trips but this time we were doing Paris for vacations.
We took a taxi from Nord station (you know that queue which is arranged by station staff to help tourists) and the hotel was hardly 800 m away from station, as soon as we boarded the Parisian Taxi and it moved a little, driver declared it will take 50 euro for us to reach the hotel, which was not acceptable to us since I know the tariff of taxi in Paris, with a little efforts of resistance, and his illogical reasoining, we reached hotel already.
Driver parked the taxi way before the hotel and asked us money to which my husband start having conversation on why he is not charging us my meter and there is no fixed amount. I took some of our luggage and rushed to hotel, asking help from Hotel staff as driver is cheating us.
As soon as I entered Hotel , I asked help from Valarie who was in charge of reception, she immediately informed Madame Baili (manager on duty) and she accompanied me going back to driver and gave him peace of mind for cheating us and the fraud that he was trying to do with fake bill etc. He finally agreed on 10 Euro and my husband and I returned to hotel for some change of money, When my husband went outside to give him money, he ran away with his taxi but No he actually went to hide his taxi so that we don't take picture etc and came back running and tried to hit my husband and snatch money. He also tore the 10 euro note and said a few bad words.
Madame Baili took an immediate action to push him away from hotel warning him of police and locked first thing the hotel to ensure her guests are safe. (Well, who would have thought of these acts in Paris ! But yeah, with so many migrants, Paris is changing gradually).
Valarie and Madame Baili were only staff taking care of hotel at front end and they showed immense presence of mind, hospitality, care and customer experience to us, we applause such ladies commanding the show.

Coming to hotel rooms and amenities, this hotel is near Opera as name sugests and cadet metro station is around 100 mts away, various restaurents nearby and the rooms are neat and clean, spacious as compared to Paris hotel norms (generally tiny rooms), beautiful flower balcony that lets you enjoy Paris essence in the mornings or evening coffee. I couldn't suggest anything better or scope of improvement for this hotel as me and my husband are bot deligted with their service. We also met- Frederic who was taking care of night duty mostly and was equally courteous, suggestive and great to have conversation with. Overall, outstanding experience because of the lovely staff and great customer service.

Good luck hotel best western, anjou team.

Love - Divya and Deepak :-)

Room Tip: Speak to hotel staff, extremely courteous to take your requirement, also ask them if you want a street open window room.
  • Stayed: June 2017, travelled as a couple
anjoulafayette, Responsable réception at Best Western Anjou Lafayette Opera, responded to this reviewResponded 27 November 2017

Dear Guest,

For sur we remember this wrong matter with this "taxi driver".

We really thank you for this review which is just a real pleasure to read.

All the team is waiting for you whenever you want to enjoy Paris.

Yours sincerely.

Reviewed 17 July 2017 via mobile

The front desk greeted us with typical Parisian charm and made our short 3 night stay a very pleasant one. The location is very convenient as you are a ten min walk away from Gare du Nord and the closest metro station is about a 4 minute walk. When I had laundry to wash the front desk gave me easy to follow directions to a coin laundry across the street.
The room was clean and quiet and since it was very hot outside the ice cold A/C was very appreciated! The room rate is very reasonable for Paris and I definitely would stay at this lovely little hotel again.

Stayed: June 2017, travelled with family

Dear Sir,

It is such a real pleasure to read how you enjoyed your parisian stay in our charming house.

By all points mentionned in your review you will be helpfull for the travellers.

We really appreciate and all the team thank you for it.

Kind regards.