All reviews gare du hail a cab walking distance tea and coffee metro station enjoyed our stay early check pleasant hotel paris standard opened the window the hotel staff roissy bus good size minute walk croissants opera house the hotel offers
Reviewed 31 August 2017 via mobile

Quick support at the front desk. Room not big but not as tiny as you sometimes find in Paris. Aircon working well. New York Times ready in the morning. Wine Bar across the road. And not expensive - at least this time of the year.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled on business
anjoulafayette, Responsable relations clients at Best Western Anjou Lafayette Opera, responded to this reviewResponded 19 November 2017

Dear Sir,

The title of your comment reflects perfectly the will which ours to provide the best both technically as humanely to our hosts.

You underline perfectly the attractive price of your room in this summer period and so we hope to have the pleasure to welcome you when you will wish it even before next summer through our special "weekend" offer.

Best regards from all the BW Anjou Lafayette team.

Reviewed 25 August 2017 via mobile

I stayed here for 2 nights with my teenage daughter. The room was as expected, although a tad small. It was clean, tastefully decorated with buckets of hot water for showers. We had full windows we could open onto a small balcony. We did not eat here but there were plenty of mid priced eateries locally. We could walk from Gare du Nord (15mins), Galeries Lafayette (15 mins) and Sacre Coeur (15 mins).

Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
anjoulafayette, Responsable relations publiques at Best Western Anjou Lafayette Opera, responded to this reviewResponded 19 November 2017

Dear Sue2102,

First of all we would like to thank you very much for choosing our "lovely small hotel" to enjoy Paris with your daughter.

We can just thank you as well for all the positives points you mentionned here regarding your stay.

Pleasure to welcome you again at your convenience in order to taste some new restaurants that our "perfect situation" permise it.

Yours sincerely.

Reviewed 7 August 2017

I am little late in posting this feedback but I wanted to make sure that I write when I have enough time.
We visited Paris in the month of June-2017 and it wasn't my first trip to Paris, I have been frequent to Paris for business trips but this time we were doing Paris for vacations.
We took a taxi from Nord station (you know that queue which is arranged by station staff to help tourists) and the hotel was hardly 800 m away from station, as soon as we boarded the Parisian Taxi and it moved a little, driver declared it will take 50 euro for us to reach the hotel, which was not acceptable to us since I know the tariff of taxi in Paris, with a little efforts of resistance, and his illogical reasoining, we reached hotel already.
Driver parked the taxi way before the hotel and asked us money to which my husband start having conversation on why he is not charging us my meter and there is no fixed amount. I took some of our luggage and rushed to hotel, asking help from Hotel staff as driver is cheating us.
As soon as I entered Hotel , I asked help from Valarie who was in charge of reception, she immediately informed Madame Baili (manager on duty) and she accompanied me going back to driver and gave him peace of mind for cheating us and the fraud that he was trying to do with fake bill etc. He finally agreed on 10 Euro and my husband and I returned to hotel for some change of money, When my husband went outside to give him money, he ran away with his taxi but No he actually went to hide his taxi so that we don't take picture etc and came back running and tried to hit my husband and snatch money. He also tore the 10 euro note and said a few bad words.
Madame Baili took an immediate action to push him away from hotel warning him of police and locked first thing the hotel to ensure her guests are safe. (Well, who would have thought of these acts in Paris ! But yeah, with so many migrants, Paris is changing gradually).
Valarie and Madame Baili were only staff taking care of hotel at front end and they showed immense presence of mind, hospitality, care and customer experience to us, we applause such ladies commanding the show.

Coming to hotel rooms and amenities, this hotel is near Opera as name sugests and cadet metro station is around 100 mts away, various restaurents nearby and the rooms are neat and clean, spacious as compared to Paris hotel norms (generally tiny rooms), beautiful flower balcony that lets you enjoy Paris essence in the mornings or evening coffee. I couldn't suggest anything better or scope of improvement for this hotel as me and my husband are bot deligted with their service. We also met- Frederic who was taking care of night duty mostly and was equally courteous, suggestive and great to have conversation with. Overall, outstanding experience because of the lovely staff and great customer service.

Good luck hotel best western, anjou team.

Love - Divya and Deepak :-)

Room Tip: Speak to hotel staff, extremely courteous to take your requirement, also ask them if you want a street open window room.
  • Stayed: June 2017, travelled as a couple
anjoulafayette, Responsable réception at Best Western Anjou Lafayette Opera, responded to this reviewResponded 27 November 2017

Dear Guest,

For sur we remember this wrong matter with this "taxi driver".

We really thank you for this review which is just a real pleasure to read.

All the team is waiting for you whenever you want to enjoy Paris.

Yours sincerely.

Reviewed 17 July 2017 via mobile

The front desk greeted us with typical Parisian charm and made our short 3 night stay a very pleasant one. The location is very convenient as you are a ten min walk away from Gare du Nord and the closest metro station is about a 4 minute walk. When I had laundry to wash the front desk gave me easy to follow directions to a coin laundry across the street.
The room was clean and quiet and since it was very hot outside the ice cold A/C was very appreciated! The room rate is very reasonable for Paris and I definitely would stay at this lovely little hotel again.

Stayed: June 2017, travelled with family

Dear Sir,

It is such a real pleasure to read how you enjoyed your parisian stay in our charming house.

By all points mentionned in your review you will be helpfull for the travellers.

We really appreciate and all the team thank you for it.

Kind regards.

Reviewed 12 July 2017

The moment you went into the street with the hotel you felt truly Parisian. Not to mention that you have a park right there and it is to the right from Lafayette street where you find all types of cafes, restaurants that are even 24/7 and have happy hours for cocktails for those interested. As soon as you step into the hotel, you get a very welcoming feeling and feel right at home. The reception was always nice with us and helped us get some tickets printed out for various attractions. They even provided a local map with objectives to visit and indicated the best route. Let me not mention the fact that the metro station is 4 minutes away and you can stop for an extra coffee at the Starbucks right before it. The rooms were perfect french decor with a tiny typical balcony that made us feel like we are truly experiencing Paris and it's charm. Going down for breakfast was another story: they have the best croissants. Who cares about anything else? They have a large selection of tea and coffee from the house but you can also ask to have espresso made. There is a wide variety of cheeses present enough to make it a true breakfast, accompanied by boiled eggs and ham as well as fresh Orange juice. And the sitting are is quite lovely, just like a typical boutique breakfast. Definitely will be back when we come to Paris as the shuttle bus (Roissy-Bus) dropped us off directly from the airport to the Opera Garnier and then had a maximum 10 minute walk. All in all, lovely place to stay and wonderful neighborhood, easy to reach anywhere by walking or taking the bus/metro. Disneyland is also easy to reach from Opera (direct line). So no reasons not to choose it as the Gare de Lyon is also close in case another trip arises or you come by train to Paris.
Everything was so perfect that we cannot say we did not like something as it was a great experience and easy to get location from everywhere, especially at night when you want to reach back easy (metro or uber).

Room Tip: you get a better view from an upper floor
  • Stayed: July 2017, travelled with friends

Dear Madam,

First of all we thank you very much taking time to share with everyone how wonderful you feel your stay with us.

The "best croissants" are still there waiting for you like all the BW Anjou Lafayette team.

With kind regards.