We booked this hotel based on positive TA reviews, using an Expedia offer. Our room was a deluxe overlooking the garden, and I would definitely recommend paying the extra for the garden view. Check-in was gracious and welcoming, and conducted entirely in slow, clear French that we had no trouble understanding. I believe all the staff also speak very good English, but we wanted to brush up our rusty language skills and appreciated the assistance. Luckily our room was ready even though it was late morning, so we were able to unpack and change before heading out to explore.
The room was a good size with huge windows opening onto the garden which is a small courtyard of japanese acers which rustle in the breeze and deaden any noise from people sitting in the garden. The soft drinks in the minibar are free (2 bottles of still water, one bottle of sparkling, a bottle of Coke and some OJ, replenished daily), but the espresso machine costs 1€ per use (we didn't bother with it).
We only had breakfast in the hotel on one morning - the petit dejeuner express which consists of a hot drink, OJ and small croissant for 5€. The other mornings we ate at the charming boulangerie/patisserie on the way to Charles de Gaulle Etoile, where 8€ will get you a hot drink, OJ squeezed in front of you, a large hunk of oven-warm french bread with butter and jam and a pastry of your choice, all with a view of the top of the Arc.
We found the hotel location pretty convenient, located midway between Charles de Gaulle Etoile and Ternes metro stations. CdG is served by the 1, 2 and 6 metro lines, and also the RER A line. The trasfer from Orly airport by RER was very quick and convenient, and the combination of metro lines makes a trip to Montmartre, Le Tour Eiffel or the Louvre very easy. The local area is charming and non-touristy.
But the best thing about the hotel was the sleep quality, which may be the best of any hotel we've stayed at (even Bellagio). The bed was topped with some kind of memory foam which moulded around us, and the total darkness and quiet (we left the windows open all night) made it very hard to wake up in the morning.
We will definitely stay here when we visit Paris in the future.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Ideally situated near the Champs Elysées and the Arc de Triomphe, just a few minutes from the Palais des Congrès, the Regent’s Garden Hotel proudly bears witness to its illustrious past through a stylish interior with large windows, cornices and Napoleonic medallions, and shows itself as an equally elegant contemporary player through design touches in certain pieces of furniture, combined with the subtle combination of materials and fabrics. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia and Agoda so you can book your Hotel Regent's Garden reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Best Western Premier Regent`s Garden Hotel Paris
- Best Western Premier Garden
- Best Western Paris
- Regent Paris
- Paris Best Western
- Paris Regent