All reviews eiffel tower free ipad irish pub across the street nespresso machine replenished daily perfect location within walking distance the ground floor rooms are small rue cler heart of paris wonderful boutique hotel facing the street bed was very comfortable restaurant recommendations a wonderful stay euros per person
Reviewed 5 August 2017 via mobile

We can't say enough how wonderful our experience was at this hotel. The staff are very hospitable and accommodating. We even learned the hotel was once a convent for those nursing the men from the war at hôpital Les Invalids. The rooms on the main floor off the beautiful courtyard are named. Ours, the Sorbonne, was very clean and comfortable with the best shower we have experienced yet. The breakfast is very good.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
Marie C, Propriétaire at Saint Dominique Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 18 October 2017

Dear Irene B,

What a nice reward ! Thank you so much ;-)

I see you had some information about the history of my lovely Property ! So maybe I can add, just for your pleasure, a new information : our more spacious and luminous rooms are upon the street, because in the XVII people leave diferently... The high level nuns were upon the street it was a mark of noblessy, and the nuns lower were in the end of the courtyard...

And what about the names of the rooms in the courtyard ?
Sorbonne : Education
Pont Neuf : Paris Monuments
Louvre : Monarchy
Sainte Chapelle : Religious
My mother who has made the renovation love seeing Paris by this way ;-)

We sincerely hope to welcome you next time and I apologize for answering so late...

Reviewed 22 July 2017 via mobile

A very traditional hotel with no lobby- tiny elevators, small coffee shop but new and refurbished rooms with small bathrooms! Excellent shower and good service! Just a few meters from the Invalides and Eiffel tower. Subway nearby and so many good restaurants everywhere!

Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple

Dear Mfisberg,

thank you for having shared your impressions in Tripadvisor.

We are happy you appraciate our services and our lower raining shower ;-)

Each room is very different in my property, si maybe you can tel to the reception what you liked or not and for sure, we can find Your room in the St Do ;-)

We wish you a lovely week,

Sincerely yours,

Reviewed 3 July 2017

My mother brought me to this specific hotel when I was a teenager in 1990....now I'm 39yrs old and brought my husband back here for our Anniversary as well as for my mother's last wishes according to her Will. St. Dominique Hotel was my mother's FAVORITE hotel EVER!! Now, it's my husband and my favorite place to stay in France and we plan to return for generations to come!!

Stayed: June 2017
2  Thank Amber K

Dear Amber K,

Thank you so much, what a kind, emotive and nice reward for us ;-) xoxox

First of all, sorry for the delay of answering, I had some leeway in answering Tripadvisor messages...

We are so happy you spent such a nice stay, and hope you will be back soon ;-)

We wish you a lovely winter !

Reviewed 29 June 2017

What a gem in Paris, my wife stayed here a while ago so it was easy enough to choose, but the level of service, the cleanliness, and the rooms are amazing. I thoroughly recommend this boutique hotel, and for the price, well worth it!

• Stayed: April 2017, travelled on business
2  Thank Martin R

Dear Martin R,

so sorry for answering so late ! But better late than never ;-)

We thank you so much for your feedback, the fact that you think the price is appropiate makes us happy ! Moreoften, people always say "it's too expensive" but they don't note all the services we give for free !

Our best reward is that you came back on the advise of your wife : and you loved it ;-)

We hope to welcome you next time in Paris,

Sincerely yours,

Reviewed 24 June 2017

We just returned from a week in Paris and loved the Saint Dominique. The Staff was very friendly, helpful and spoke English. The room was clean and large enough for my wife and I. The bathroom was a bit small, but that's to be expected. The best thing about this hotel was it's location !!! We were (8) blocks from the Eiffel Tower and (6) blocks from the Seine for walks and picnics !!! When we leaned out of the window in our room we could see the Eiffel Tower in all of her glory !!! This is a great choice for a perfectly located hotel in Paris !!!

Room Tip: Request A Street View Room With A King Size Bed !!!
  • Stayed: June 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Brent M

Dear Brent M,

thank you so much for your kind remarks ;-)

As you noted, that's this faboulous district which make the Saint Do particularly on the top ! Our emplacement is a luxe, between a lot of famous monuments of Paris by walking distance, or direct in public transportation, even the Versailles Castles direct in 30 minutes from the St Do ;-)

We hope to welcome you next time in Paris, and in your next booking, feel free to mention "a bathroom bigger that last time" and we will do our best for your comfort ;-)