All reviews alma marceau avenue montaigne eiffel tower great location boutique hotel designer shops quiet road premium room lobby bar short walk seine river metro station lovely hotel around the corner business trip george v we loved our stay
Reviewed 9 May 2018

I had gotten in touch before my booking, over 2 weeks ago to discuss the fact that due to unforeseen spinal injuries; my doctor had deemed me unable to travel. Not only have both Hotels.com and the hotel completely ignored my email, I have been in pain and the severity of my situation has only been amplified by having to fork over £1000 for a trip I couldn't take. I have been a frequent visitor to the Melia hotels and I have never had such a problem, so I booked it even though the only option was non-refundable. This is a scam; you have just shown complete negligence when conducting your services and your priority is in scooping up our money. It is embarrassing and unjust that such a big company is allowed to conduct in such a manner against vulnerable customers. You were very quick in taking money out of my account; actually, this went against the clause and was taken out before my trip... why couldn't you simply answer my emails? This is the first standard, BASELINE, necessary for all customer care. NEVER travel here again. TERRIBLE service and HORRIBLE experience.

Room tip: Terrible cramped and uncomfortable rooms, wrong advertisment
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank Shireen R
Miriam P, General Manager at Melia Paris Tour Eiffel, responded to this reviewResponded 10 May 2018

Dear Shireen R,

I understand your disappointment and I sincerely hope you are feeling better.
I apologize if you felt ignored, I will definitely look into why we would not answer your email, we are usually up to date on our mail inbox. I wish to precise that our Central Reservations System at Melia Hotels International offers two types of bookings for all 380 hotels, one with flexible cancellation and modification policy where reservations can be changed and/or cancelled without penalties at any time before 15hrs the day prior to arrival or the non flexible bookings (which do not allow changes nor cancellations) at a much lower rate. Travelers do have the choice to book one or the other.
I would appreciate having the opportunity to welcome you for an enjoyable stay so please contact me directly should I be able to offer personal assistance,

Hotel Melia Paris Tour Eiffel

Reviewed 23 April 2018 via mobile

Nice & clean hotel minutes away from the Eiffel Tower, Champs-Elysees & Arc de Triomphe. The rooms are on the small side and the bed is very firm. However, they have all the amenities plus a balcony. The breakfast selection was great, too.

Date of stay: April 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple

Dear Monetzky,

I truly appreciate your comments posted on TripAdvisor.
I am glad you enjoyed your stay with us and that you appreciated the cleanliness, service and location.
We look forward to welcome your back again.

Hotel Meliá Paris Tour Eiffel

Reviewed 13 April 2018

I frequently stay at this hotel mainly for the location which is at a short walking distance from Avenue Montaigne and my business destination. Rooms are correctly comfortable (and quite if located in the courtyard side) but small and a little worned with carpet and small bathrooms with small showers. Staff is kind but sometimes inefficient and not really responsive at your requests (take your time for your check out as once out of two times it will literally take 10 minutes to have your receipt printed..!), Prices are frankly too high for this kind of mediocre hotel even if in Paris and in the 8eme. Breakfast is expensive (22 €) and poor in terms of quality and choice. Probably not the best choice there but good in terms of location if you need to be between Av George V, Av. Montaigne and Champs Elysée...

Date of stay: March 2018
2  Thank Lavitainviaggio
Miriam P, Front Office Manager at Melia Paris Tour Eiffel, responded to this reviewResponded 29 April 2018

Dear Lavitainviaggio,

We are sorry that we have not met your expectations during your stay with us in Paris. Our staff us always available for our guest's demands and requests. On the same way, your comments regarding our performance will help us to improve our guests experience on a daily basis.

Regarding the rooms size, let me share that we have available several room category starting from Meliá Standard, Premium, Grand Premium, Junior Suite and Grand Suite, that changes in size and level of amenities. For future reservations, please check the availability with our reservations department or directly with the front desk staff, so we can suggest the best options available and to better meet your personal needs.

Concerning the breakfast, and regarding the rates, let me assure you that we are very competitive regarding Paris prices. Nevertheless, we are always updating our buffet style breakfast in order to offer the freshest choices to our guests.

On the same way we are glad that you have enjoyed our privileged location in the 8th district of Paris and a few steps from the Av. Montagne and the Champs Elysées Avenue.

Looking forward to welcome you back again.

Kind Regards,

Miguel Peixe

Guest Experience Ambassador

Reviewed 11 April 2018

The Melia Tour Eiffel is not a cheap hotel, actually its quite an expensive hotel. It is also one of the most uncomfortable hotels I have ever stayed in. The bathroom is built like a medieval torture chamber. If you have a BMI of more than 24, the toilet will be cramped and uncomfortable and awkward... if its over 30 it will be distinctly unpleasant bordering unusable. The shower requires contortions to get in and out, and the hot water is unpredictable.

I have stayed in a number of European hotels and am well acquainted with their sadistic fondness for hard mattresses, but this one was impressively wooden. We never had a decent night's sleep because every toss or turn was like walking into a lamp post.

This is not to say the hotel does not have its good side. The front desk and concierge staff was wonderful. You actually can see the Eiffel Tower if you are lucky to have one of the few rooms facing south at the top of the building... but even if you don't walk to the end of the street and the view is stunning. We had a balcony and loved it.

But these bright points could not overshadow the above and that the breakfast was outrageously expensive and not good, the waiter's in the bar had to practically chased and tackled to provide any service (good forbid you want your bill), and the room was so hot, we literally had the patio doors open day or night, rain or shine... not great for security. And the maid service had this strange habit of taking the used water glasses from the room and NOT REPLACING THEM.

All in all, this was an expensive and uncomfortable stay, we will not be returning.

Room tip: To see the Eiffel tower ask for room 607 or 707... though watch out for that bathroom
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
3  Thank Daniel_CC9564SW
Miriam P, Directeur général at Melia Paris Tour Eiffel, responded to this reviewResponded 12 April 2018

Dear Daniel_CC9564SW,

I am terribly sorry for not having met your expectations. Indeed Paris is a very expensive city and I understand that the prices we apply in Paris are extremely high compared with other cities in the world, let me share with you that the expenses and rent are too.

I would like to share with all readers that the hotel has six room category tiers, standard, premium, grand premium, junior suite and grand suite. The main difference other than the amenities is the size. As you mention, at the top floor we have our three grand suites that I definitely recommend.

With regards to the mattresses, Melia is known for the bed confort. We use the Dreamax mattresses that are usually very appreciated by our guests, I am sorry you did not like it.

I will indeed share with my team the points you bring up concerning the service at the bar and housekeeping in order to work on ways to improve them.

I sincerely thank you for your time and comments and I regret you not willing to give us another chance.

Hotel Manager

Reviewed 2 April 2018

The location of this hotel could not be better. It is close to a metro stop, walking distance to Eiffel Tower, shopping, many cafes, boat tours, etc. There was a lot of construction in the front of the building going on while we were there, but we never heard it. We had breakfast included in our rate and they offered a few hot items along with a great selection of pastries and breads. The only issue we had while we were here was our room was cold and we could not get the heat to come on. We asked about this and while we were out at dinner one evening, the maintenance team got it working But then it was on full blast or off. No in between. So the room was a sauna or it was cold. The other issue we had was upon check in, I asked about an upgrade and the person checking me in told me I could pay half and use my Melia points for the other half. When we checked out, I was charged for the entire thing AND my points were deducted. I was also billed in USD instead of Euros without even being asked. This cost me quite a bit more as my bank has a much better rate than they did. A very poor ending to what was a decent stay.

Date of stay: March 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple

Dear Letsgonow123,

Thank you for taking the time to write your impressions about your stay on TripAdvisor.
I happy to read that you had a good experience with us. Indeed the location is very convenient, close to most of the important points of interest in the city walking distance.
With regards to the heating, I am very sorry we did not manage to explain how our system works since there are two switches in t he room with a thermostat and different powers.
I would like to learn more about your issue with the settlement points/cash. Please send me an email at melia.tour.eiffel@melia.com so that I can look into it and fix it if there has been a mistake.
Hoping to welcome you again on your next visit.

Hotel Manager