6,069 results
All reviews eiffel tower metro station small bathroom excellent location croissants min walk around the corner cafes computers supermarket euro monoprix french bakery champs
Reviewed 21 November 2017 via mobile

You get what you pay for. The rooms are small but cosy. We had no problems with the room at all. Great location less than a minute walk to the metro station and very close to the Eiffel Tower just two stops on the metro. We had a very enjoyable stay. Would definitely return. The staff were very friendly and helpful, especially the bar staff. Very skilled bartender, made our stay very enjoyable! The cocktails are amazing. Overall great stay!

Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 21 November 2017

This hotel has mastered utilitarian minimalism! I’ve gone into detail about specifics, but you can skip to the last paragraph for the bottom line assessment.

Location:
The location is excellent. The metro, Cambronne – line 1, is about a one minute walk from the hotel. It’s about a 15-20 minute walk from the Eiffel Tower. There are numerous pharmacies, restaurants, and shops within the area. While you may seem some homeless folks, it’s a very safe neighborhood.

Room Size:
Miniscule. It’s Europe. If you desire a place to dwell for hours and contemplate the meaning of life, you may feel quite cramped. If you just want an adequately clean place to sleep and shower, you’ve hit the jackpot!

Bathroom:
Amazingly compact, it’s nearly comical! It is equipped with an all-in-one liquid soap that supposedly can be used for body and hair. Obviously those with sensitive skin or special hair needs should bring their own, or purchase some at the many pharmacies nearby. I did use the soap to wash out some socks, and found it adequate. (On that note, the sink is very tiny, which made for some creative washing techniques.) Two towels and a floor mat are provided, as well as a hairdryer.

Mattress:
The “mattress” is atypical. It’s about three inches think. It sits upon a type of boxspring that adds height and heft. While my husband had no issue with it, mine would slide, and I would wake up with a significant portion of it hanging over the side. At one point my husband worried I would roll off! Certainly not the most comfortable thing to sleep on, however, they do provide two extra pillows and a blanket to ease the hardness.

Airport/Flights:
It’s not difficult to take the air train to the metro to get to the hotel. Many US flights arrive earlier than their check-in time. Some folks were directed to lockers where, for a few Euro, luggage can be stored while visiting the city. We arrived around noon and were given a room immediately. We had a 7AM departure flight (earlier than the metro ran), so we took a taxi to the airport at a cost of 55 Euros.

Check-In/Staff:
Instead of a long central check-in, there are multiple desks positioned in the center of the lobby. We were welcomed by Patrick, who was charming and spoke English well. He provided several maps and answered our many questions. The dining staff was mixed — some were pleasant, others not so much. The gentleman who checked us out was professional and called a taxi for us.

Noise:
The hotel hosts many tour groups of various ethnicities and backgrounds. As such, you may be staying when there is a group of American teenagers doing whatever it is that American teenagers do! The floors in the room are wooden -- great for cleanliness -- not great for muffling the squeal and laughter of your neighbors. Bring earplugs if you are a light sleeper, otherwise you will hate humanity!

Breakfast:
The buffet, which costs around 11 Euro, was included in my package. Hard boiled eggs, fruits, pastries and breads, cheese, various meats, and yogurt, as well as coffee and juice were provided. The restaurant is bright, cheerful and clean.

Wi-Fi:
We stayed here in November, non-peak season, and had no difficulty with the free Wi-Fi.

Bottom Line:
This hotel was part of an excellent package deal I purchased with Gate 1 Travel, as such, I have no major complaints. Is this a place for a romantic get-away? Absolutely not! However, if you are budget-conscious, will only be crashing here between visiting sites, and can wrap your brain around staying in a room that’s the size of an American walk-in closet, you will have a delightful time.

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
5  Thank NovemberTravels
Reviewed 21 November 2017 via mobile

Luther the Barman made our stay at the hotel very special. He is an amazing bartender and makes an incredible Tokyo ice tea cocktail!! Great location and will definitely be returning in the new year.
Allez Cambronne!

Trip type: Travelled with friends
1  Thank georginam949
Reviewed 20 November 2017

We found the hotel like home and all front line office are very kind, and helpfull and available all the time, they are guiding on tours and printing anythign documents requested on free of charge. !!

Room tip: Charging Sockets should be near the bed,
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Ibis Hotels
Reviewed 12 November 2017

This was my first time staying in an Ibis. I read all the reviews beforehand so it was just as expected. The hotel is in a great location and we were able to walk everywhere, never even having to take the Metro (even though it was a minute away).
Yes, the room is very, very small. The bathroom is the size of a cruiseship bathroom and that's small! The only toiletry provided is a 3-in-1 hand wash, shampoo, and body wash. And let me warn you that you only get 2 (thin) bath towels and one footmat towel.
But hey, that's okay. I was only there to sleep. The room was clean and I found the bed comfortable. And there's an elevator if you have luggage to lug around.
Our flight arrived in Paris early in the morning but there's an additional charge if you want to check in earlier than 3 pm. However, you can store your luggage in a locker for 3-5 euros (depending on size of locker).
I would stay here again. Had gotten a deal on Priceline.

Date of stay: October 2017