we stayed at the Eiffel St Charles in July 2012 for 3 days, my wife and i and our teenage sons, 16 and 17.
The hotel has been recently refurbished and is very clean and neat, everything fresh and in order.
the receptionist is very helpful, and speaks English fluently, so asking for directions and advice was easy.The trip from Charles De Gaulle airport by RER train and the Metro was fine at first, but a nightmare once on the Metro , crowded and a bad idea with luggage- she immediatly suggested thta we use a mini-bus for our return,and arranegd it there and then- and it was there on time 3 days later at 0630!
TIP- get a taxi from the airport- you CAN use the train, and its easy- but not fun unless it is the middle of the day with no commuters- avoid 0600-1000 and 1400-1900.
The rooms are quite small, but adequate for a few days- linen is good quality and everything worked- we would have liked a kettle and some tea/coffee in the room, but none of them have it.
Breakfast was the usual continental offering, familiar to us in South Africa, but it may be a surprise to Americans! The qualilty of food was good, but nothing outstanding.
There is a small lounge/bar on the ground floor, but really it is just a waiting area, not a pub.
The hotel is within easy walking distance from 2 Metro stations on different lines, so getting to where we wanted to go was easy.
Lots of cafees and restaurants within walking distance, and the Eiffel Tower, which can be seen from the hotel (and from some rooms) is a 25 minute leisurely walk away .
We managed to get to Giverny, Versailles, central Paris, Latin Quarter, Notre Dame etc all very easily from the hotel.
Shops and supermarkets are within 10 minutes walk.
The hotel is fairly quiet, althougth the walls are thin and one may be disturbed if there are noisy neighbours I guess.
All in all a very pleasant short stay, and I would happily stay there again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in the heart of Paris near the Eiffel Tower and the Exhibition Center Porte de Versailles. Near shops and cinemas. 33 air-conditioned rooms with internet access and WIFI. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Agoda and HotelQuickly so you can book your Eiffel Saint Charles reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Eiffel Saint Charles Hotel Paris
- Accor Paris Saint Charles