“Very good location, no noyse”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Hotel Edouard 6

Hotel Edouard 6
Ranked #823 of 1,798 Hotels in Paris
Cotia, SP
“Very good location, no noyse”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 July 2011

My husband and I just left the hotel and we strongly recommend it. We stayed for 4 days and the location is perfect, close to the gare Montparnasse, if you are travelling by train, close to rue de rennes, that has lots of very good stores, including markets with good bread cheese and wine. The only issue is the small double bed and small room. One more good point is that when we needed help, we had, they were very nice offering maps and information.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled as a couple
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
Curitiba, PR
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 June 2011

My mother and I hired (for the 27th May) the services of an airport shuttle offered by the hotel Edouard VI, the Airport Nice Shuttle, to go to the CDG Airport. After 32 days of travel through Europe, we had two bags (below the weight limit) and one hand luggage each and the hotel staff knew it. When the driver of the shuttle arrived, looked our bags and said he did not like working with Brazilians. When we reached the car, the driver said we should pay a supplement of 2 euros per bag or he would not take us. We refused (not for the money, but for his dishonesty), he removed our bags of the car and left us on the sidewalk. The hotel employee called the not reliable hotel shuttle back (we didn't accept it) but didn't offer us another alternative of transportation and not helped us with our bags (and my mother is 79 years old!). It was a horrible end to our trip.

Room Tip: The room 43 has a good view of the street.
  • Stayed May 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank Janet_Reis
Swansea, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 May 2011

We stayed at this hotel at the end of April on a spontaneous trip after the death of my mother. I needed some R&R. The room was cute but small and could have done with a refurb but the bathroom was excellent. We requested a room at the back of the hotel as the concourse outside was noisy with traffic and this was changed with a smile on arrival. We looked over attractive rooftops and it was indeed tranquil and we slept well. Good beds. In the rush to leave I left my little box of jewellery in the room by mistake. When I got home and found I'd lost it I was upset as it contained items of great sentimental value. I phoned the hotel and they found it, returned it in an SAE and charged a modest amount on my credit card for the stamps. They were so obliging and helpful and senstive and I was immensely relieved to have my precious aide-memoirs returned to me, quickly, efficiently and with courtesy. For this I shall be forever in their debt and would recommend them heartily. Also, although noisy, the hotel is right next to the Montparnasse Bienvenue train station, near to the trendy St Germain quarter and very convenient for most of the sights of Paris. They even let us watch the Royal Wedding on their lobby TV (despite France being a republic!) when the cleaner turfed us out of our room to clean it. A personal service with a smile.

Room Tip: Quietest at rear of Hotel.
  • Stayed April 2011, travelled as a couple
Skowhegan, Maine
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 October 2010

We stayed for 7 nights. By Paris standards the room and bed are average. Our room had a beautiful view of the intersection and cafes outside, but since the noise was loud we couldn't keep the window open for long and the air conditioner didn't work at all. The room got very hot at night. We had a superior level room. The free internet in the lobby didn't work all week but their was no problem with the paid internet in the rooms. I agree with the previous poster, staff are friendly and helpful except for the older black guy that is there in the evening, very unhelpful and rude. Guests seemed like a bother.

The positives, there are nice cafes on each side of the front door that offers breakfast for 1/2 the hotel cost with free wifi. There is a subway stop right outside the door. Lots of shops and restaurants in the immediate area, including a train station and Air France busses that take you right to your terminal if you are traveling.

I would stay here again if the price was right but I just wouldn't expect more than adequate accomodations.

• Stayed October 2010, travelled as a couple