“Nice business hotell”

Ranked #745 of 1,798 Hotels in Paris
Stockholm, Sweden
“Nice business hotell”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 December 2011

We stayed at this hotel in november 2011. It is near the fair area where the wine fair is every year in Paris.
The rooms are clean and the staff are very helpful. The hotell is just a few steps from the underground. We have been there for three years in november during the fair and are always satisfied. I can´t sayanything about the breakfast because we have our breakfast at one of the brasseries nearby.

Room Tip: Rooms on the other side of the garden are bigger.
  • Stayed November 2011, travelled on business
2 Thank Isa071
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
  • Greek first
Bowmanville, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 October 2011

This hotel was wonderful. Have travelled in Europe and know what to expect when booking a hotel. Knew it wasn't going to be a luxury hotel, but was very pleasantly surprised when we arrived. We were on second floor above garden, it was very quiet. The room was extremely clean and kept so for our whole stay. The front desk staff, all of them, were very accommodating. Any question we had they did their best to help us. They were also available to book excursions which was very convenient.
The location of the hotel was very good. It wasn't city center but in a residential neighbourhood which kept the prices down for food and shopping. The subway was one minute away and you can get to Paris centre in about 10 to 15 minutes. There is a grocery store right beside the hotel, a bakery across the street and restaurants on the corner.
We had a minibar but didn't use any of it, we went to grocery store and put our own drinks and snacks in fridge. The breakfast was decent. Coffee, tea, juice, cheese, scrambled and hard-boiled eggs, bacon. Also cereal, fruit, yogurt and an array of bread, croissants and sweets.
The garden in back of the hotel is a nice retreat from the city. You are able to buy drinks to take into the garden.
Our favourite spot to unwind was the cafe on the corner from the hotel.
Overall a great spot and would definitely stay there again.

Room Tip: Ask for room on back of hotel, to avoid street noise. It was very quiet.
  • Stayed September 2011, travelled with friends
3 Thank ehroco
Toronto
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 October 2011

We stayed in this hotel in June 2011. Rooms and bathrooms small, but very clean. Staff in reception and breakfast room very pleasant and accommodating. I have nothing but good things to say about this little hotel. Coffee in the morning to die for..... Our vacation -bought with Transat- provided transfers and breakfast. We were using hi-fi in the lobby on advice of one of the receptionists. Great experience.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled as a couple
Montreal, Canada
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 August 2011

Unlike some of the reviewers, I was extremely disappointed with the desk staff. Concièrge is too good a word. Since we were sharing a room and not a couple, I had written to the hotel prior to our departure to request(again, just to make sure) two seperate beds and on higher floors as to avoid the heavy traffic noise audible from the lower floors of this hotel located on a busy street. As a reply I got a very dry one-liner saying they would try as much as possible to comply. When we got to the hotel, the greeting we received was very cold, unwelcoming, and just plain unpleasant. My impression was that a smile might have shattered their face and that's why they avoided it at all cost!

I have trevelled a lot, all over Europe, and I have seen some small rooms but when we got to our assigned room (room 205), it was tiny, I mean ridiculously small AND on the second floor. It consisted of two single beds stuck together with about a foot (30cm) around it as walking/manoeuvring space, one chair in a corner and another chair tucked under table with with a lamp, three tiny open shelves(maybe 30 cm wide) by the door but really no place to put your belongings and unpack a few things. The bathroom was surprisingly bright and roomy compared to the room. As bonus, there was a stomack-churning view of a giant KFC billboard accross the street for our window! Two other people in our party had a much larger room on the fifth floor but we were not as lucky. When I very politely asked if we could be switched into another room since I had made that request, this seemed to greatly antagonize the desk staff and they refused, saying that they were no vacancies. I asked that we be transfered to another room as soon as one became available when other guests left. They did not seem impressed with that idea and told me to check-in with them later. That night, I did not sleep at all as the noise from passing cars and the metro kept me awake, even through closed double-pane windows. The following morning I asked if we may have another room as soon as other guests departed since I was not able to sleep there. I was told that some rooms would be freed in two and three days but I could not have any of those as other guests had made a request (just as I did before arriving). I could not understand why we could not have a peaceful room but for even a few days. This seemed to annoy the desk staff to no end. It took forever for them to consult, confer, roll their eyes and snicker and in the end, I never did get any sort of satisfaction. This wasted much of my time and put quite a damper on our trip and I hated having to ask them for anything for the rest of our 8 day stay. I slept with ear plugs for the rest of the time. They're not very comfortable but at least I got some well-needed rest.

On another note, the breakfast at the hotel was very good. The coffee was terrible. The cleaning staff was very nice, pleasant, hard-working and efficient. The hotel is quite a bit out of they way but there is a metro stop just around the corner.

Paris is beautiful and amazing AND much cleaner then it was just a few years ago. Do visit the City of Lights! Just don't stay at this hotel.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with friends
1 Thank Seas0nedTraveler2011
Toronto, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 August 2011

My friend and I stayed in this hotel as part of an Expedia package. The room was a far size, the only thing is we wanted twin beds but they pushed the beds together. Gradually, we noticed that housekeeping pushed the beds further appart during the week of our stay.

The hotel is about a 5 min walking distance to Convention metro station, and has a lot of restaurants surrounding the hotel. In the morning, breakfast is served and their breakfast was pretty good. I remember there was ham, bacon, eggs, croissants, coffee, etc. I really enjoyed their breakfasts the most. The elevator was pretty small but it's the size of any other places I have stayed in Europe. I remember the staff being friendly.

• Stayed September 2010, travelled with friends