“Marvellous Madeline”

Hotel Royal Madeleine
Ranked #858 of 1,809 Hotels in Paris
Reviewed 1 October 2016

One of the best hotels I have ever stayed in. Great staff. Lovely rooms and good location for the metro and also walking to Place de la Concorde and Louvre. The hotel was clean. The food at breakfast was a nice selection with something for everyone.

Room Tip: We were in room 111 and 112. They were lovely. Good size beds. Mini fridge.
  • Stayed: September 2016, travelled with family

Reviewed 29 September 2016 via mobile

We were there last January when it was so cold in Paris. My husband, my infant baby and myself were warm and comfortable. We were given room at the old part I think, and it was overlooking the inside court. Very quiet and serene, until my baby start screaming that is. But not for long of course. The bathroom toiletries are from Nuxe, my fave french skin care brand. The hotel provided baby cot for us which was very nice. The room was small but it was still spacious enough for us to enjoy hot drinks in the morning on the 2 chairs in the room, even with the cot. The reception staff were all very nice and kind. The location was perfect for me to do my shopping at the Fauborg St Honore. Overall very very happy and looking to book again this december.

Stayed: January 2016, travelled with family
Reviewed 24 September 2016

This hotel had everything we were looking for, starting with a great location. It was on a quiet street with minimal traffic but a short walk from a lively restaurant area. There was even a patisserie right across the street with amazing bread and tarts. The staff was friendly and helpful. The room itself was large and airy with a very comfortable bed. Should we ever get back to Paris, we will be staying here again.

• Stayed: September 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 17 September 2016

If you don't mind a small bathroom and very small shower, this is a great hotel. it is very centrally located. it is on a small street but within 5 minutes walking in any direction to get to shopping and sightseeing area + Metro station!

• Stayed: September 2016, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Reviewed 15 September 2016

This is indeed a good hotel for a first timer in Paris. My wife and I together with our two year old boy went to Paris last week (Sep7-9) and booked our stay at this hotel. Upon our arrival in the afternoon, Camille, the friendliest receptionist greeted us warmly and to my surprise told me that they were actually waiting for us. All the requests in my email were provided by them: like our room not being on the higher level, and having a small window with a cute balcony for you to enjoy the cool weather outside, we got a bigger bed and they even provided us with a crib for our kiddo. The hotel was very kind to give us a room upgrade for our first time stay in Paris. The room was a good fit for us. The bathroom has a tub and a shower and very well maintained, bath robes, shower gel and towels are provided. The feel of the bedroom flooring under my feet is a bit weird that's why I just put on their super soft bathroom slippers. Anyway, the hotel had a very nice reception area, of course not the grandiose type but it was cozy and well lit. The breakfast or dining area was also good, small but very tidy. Not a grand selection of breakfast buffet (bread, fruits, egg, bacon, yogurt, coffee and juices) but enough to fill your stomach for the day's adventure. The hotel was in a good location especially of you are into shopping, there's actually no need for you to walk farther to champs elysees as the shopping malls like Printemps and Galleries Lafayette is just 10 mins walk from the place. There are good restaurants and coffee shops around. There are two metro stations nearby and there's a hop-on hop-off bus station nearby if you wish to tour around via the double deck bus. The only challenge we had that time is getting back to the hotel from our tour, because almost all of the alleys nearby looks the same. So I guess you just have to memorize or take photos of the nearby landmarks (Printemps, HSBC) or streets (Rue d L'arcarde is the hotel's street) so you won't end up in diagon alley. To sum up our stay, it was a fun and enjoyable experience and of course we'll come back for more. One more thing, try the patiserrie, near the hotel they really have good breads and pastries.

• Stayed: September 2016, travelled with family