“A diamond that needs a little polishing”

Ibis Paris 17 Clichy-Batignolles
Ranked #980 of 1,802 Hotels in Paris
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 1 October 2017 via mobile

I visited this hotel as it was in a good location with local amenities, very good transport links and reasonably priced.
The hotel is actually quite big and it has 2 restaurants and a breakfast buffet. Swimming pool/gym is also on site which is very good. The rooms are very basic but comfortable and 24hr room service is on hand. The staff were very friendly and the food at the restaurants was soo delicious ESPECIALLY their pesto chicken pizza which is TO DIE FOR! *I ordered it three times*
So the things I didn't like...
Breakfast was a bit of a let down. I get that the Ibis is a budget chain of hotels, however I've stayed at other budget chain hotels and their breakfast selection were top notch, so here was a bit of a disappointment. The other important thing to mention is that in the reception/lobby and in the restaurants, the sofas/chairs are peeling, teared and dirty. That was a letdown as well as the pool area needing a good lick of paint or, a complete renovation.
Otherall my stay was only for 3 nights and it was pleasant. If you are on a tight budget but want a good location then this is your place.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled with friends
3  Thank ANE1986
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.

Reviewed 26 September 2017

Booked a room for 2 adults and child, looking at the pictures on the website/ tripadvisor it seems as though the rooms are quite spacious. They are not! We had to pay to upgrade to a Family room for 4 people - which only had a double bed and a single bed (no sofa bed or anything else). Restaurant food was fairly nice, expensive unless you buy one of the deals they had on i.e kids eat free.

We did not spend a lot of time in the room, it was clean and the beds were not exactly comfortable. Bathrooms are large although there was mold starting to grow on the ceiling due to lack of ventilation in them.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank gem948
Reviewed 13 September 2017 via mobile

I was booked in under my clients name Leanna Horne who had booked three rooms for three nights. I arrived first on Saturday the 9th later afternoon. I was asked if I wanted breakfast and I said no it was not required. On Tuesday afternoon my client went to pay for my room and €36 was on my room account for three petit breakfasts. Not a single breakfast was had as I had said no and I paid for my own breakfast. Now my client has deducted the monies off my wage. What the hotel has done is fraud / theft. Secondly I reported to the front desk that the plug points in my room were not working so I couldn't charge my phones. So they made me pay a €20 deposit for an adaptor. I got the money back but my phones were still uncharged ! Thirdly the clients room was 239 (wheelchair / disabled room). The lip between the bedroom and the bathroom was almost impossible to get the hoist over. I had to use all my strength to get the client into the bathroom which also then caused the hoist to not work.

Please refer back to point one .. charged breakfasts. I am truly disappointed as I not only lost €36 off my wage cheque but I also bought my own breakfast so I have lost twice. Not impressed and will never want to stay in your hotel ever again.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed 7 September 2017

All excellent with the room, friendly and helpful staff and very clean hotel, good location near the city and excellent breakfast with plenty of variety, we recommend, but we alert for the very expensive car parking at the hotel.

Room Tip: Please if you want keep money in your pocket leave your car in your home, the hotel charge €20 per n...
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank Palegria
Reviewed 31 August 2017

The pool and fitness area was not open on Sunday. There is nothing on the website to indicate limitations on access to these facilities. There should be a seven days a week service so that all clients have equal opportunity to use these facilities.
The room was cramped and the ensuite bathroom was to small.
Some of the cups were chipped and plates that were not properly cleaned were put out for customers to use at breakfast.
We have visited this hotel every year for the past five years and feel it is going downhill.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com