2,311 results
All reviewstrain stationprivilege roomtravelling by trainsouth of franceearly trainconvenient hotelstayed for one nightnespresso machineshort stayeasy accesscroissantsgarestopoverbercyconveniencefitaxis
Reviewed 15 October 2017

I stayed for one night in October. The hotel itself is right next door to the Gare de Lyon but you don't get much noise at all from the station - at least not in my room.

The hotel reception is very modern, nicely decorated and furnished. The check in is slightly slower than some hotels but not that bad, and the staff were friendly. There was very strong air freshener in the lobby while we stayed - I mean quite overpowering. They really do need to tone it down a bit.

I was on the second floor. The rooms here are fairly small, but that's probably par for the course in Paris. My room was fine, the bathroom looks to have been recently decorated, and the room was clean. The bed was quite firm and I thought I'd wake up with a backache but I didn't. The pillows were cheap fibre-filled and if I had been staying more than one night I'd have requested feather. I wouldn't want to stay with someone else in the room for more than a night or two though... it would be fairly cramped.

Breakfast was good and as a female business traveller I was happy to see other women there travelling for business - always a good sign.

One big niggle - the air conditioning appeared to be not working at all. I set it on high fan on its lowest temp setting - and it just didn't shift the temperature at all. I would hate to go in high summer - you'd boil.

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed 14 October 2017

We stayed one night at this hotel due to location right at the Gare de Lyon TGV station. Staff at reception were very helpful. Room was nice and clean. We walk everywhere we go so it didn't matter that we were some way from the major attractions. Great spot if you are only staying a day or two and need to be at the station as you don't want to be missing those trains!

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 30 September 2017

A very convenient hotel to stay in for someone like me who has to use the TGV.
No surpises ... comfortable bed, carton goblets for drinking and plastic ones in the
bathroom, stained carpets but genrally clean.
Friendly check in staff

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com
1  Thank susu747
Reviewed 29 September 2017 via mobile

Used the mercure at gare de lyon train station for a stopover on a trip to Milan. Perfect if you are travelling into or out of gare de Lyon. Only let down for my was the breakfast. Room was basic but ideal for the purpose thst we needed

Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 27 September 2017

Needed a hotel near the RER Red line and decided to stay in a hotel near Gare de Lyon. The hotel is next to the station and check in was ok. They have this locker room to leave your luggage if your room is not ready. Basically, they gave you a coin and direction to the locker room.
You have to figure out how to lock your bag in the locker. Luckily for me, I used this a few times in the train stations and airports but never in a hotel. A few couples watched me locked my bags as they have no idea how to go about using it. There is no staff in the locker room.

The room is small and lucky I travel with a small suitcase so didn't need much space. There is a complementary water given in the small mini fridge. I requested a quiet room and worried about the noise from the trains and was given the 7th floor. You can occasionally hear the faint sound of the train but nothing that would wake you up.

The room are clean and the beds are comfortable. Air condition and wifi was working perfectly.

Overall, it was a good stay.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled solo