“Convienient for the station”

Mercure Paris Gare de Lyon TGV
Ranked #764 of 1,802 Hotels in Paris
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

I stayed twice - the first time was before an early TGV departure and the second was on my return journey. {Late June - Mid July}
On my outward trip I checked in on line before arrival. There was a queue at Reception and a staff member called to the back room to bring out additional help. I could see through the window a young man with his feet up and jacket off. He then stirred and came to me, not looking happy. I told him my name and said I had booked in online He asked for my passport. I asked why, I have done all of that online, and repeated my name twice. He said it would help him find the reservation. I said my name yet again, and he very reluctantly found my key. A surely young man clearly not destined for a bright career in hospitality.
The room was for one night - small but adequate. Basic supplies - container soap etc, good Wi-Fi Secure box
There are plenty of restaurants within a stone's throw.
Breakfast starts at 06.30 and is firmly closed until that moment. Not very helpful for a train leaving at 7.15.An 06.00 opening would be better. Good choice of buffet, juices, coffee etc.
I pre-checked out. And handed in my room key very quickly.
On my return visit I again did the pre-check in which worked perfectly.
I had more time to have breakfast which I really enjoyed.
Similar room. Checked out automatically with a friendly good-bye from the desk staff.
I am coming back in December.

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled solo
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.

Reviewed 5 weeks ago

I stayed for one night in October. The hotel itself is right next door to the Gare de Lyon but you don't get much noise at all from the station - at least not in my room.

The hotel reception is very modern, nicely decorated and furnished. The check in is slightly slower than some hotels but not that bad, and the staff were friendly. There was very strong air freshener in the lobby while we stayed - I mean quite overpowering. They really do need to tone it down a bit.

I was on the second floor. The rooms here are fairly small, but that's probably par for the course in Paris. My room was fine, the bathroom looks to have been recently decorated, and the room was clean. The bed was quite firm and I thought I'd wake up with a backache but I didn't. The pillows were cheap fibre-filled and if I had been staying more than one night I'd have requested feather. I wouldn't want to stay with someone else in the room for more than a night or two though... it would be fairly cramped.

Breakfast was good and as a female business traveller I was happy to see other women there travelling for business - always a good sign.

One big niggle - the air conditioning appeared to be not working at all. I set it on high fan on its lowest temp setting - and it just didn't shift the temperature at all. I would hate to go in high summer - you'd boil.

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed 14 October 2017

We stayed one night at this hotel due to location right at the Gare de Lyon TGV station. Staff at reception were very helpful. Room was nice and clean. We walk everywhere we go so it didn't matter that we were some way from the major attractions. Great spot if you are only staying a day or two and need to be at the station as you don't want to be missing those trains!

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 30 September 2017

A very convenient hotel to stay in for someone like me who has to use the TGV.
No surpises ... comfortable bed, carton goblets for drinking and plastic ones in the
bathroom, stained carpets but genrally clean.
Friendly check in staff

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com
Reviewed 29 September 2017 via mobile

Used the mercure at gare de lyon train station for a stopover on a trip to Milan. Perfect if you are travelling into or out of gare de Lyon. Only let down for my was the breakfast. Room was basic but ideal for the purpose thst we needed

Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple