2,178 results
All reviews rue des boulets nation metro station place de la nation minute walk the hotel staff rooms are small our honeymoon excellent hotel breakfast was included superior room croissants boiled eggs central paris cold meats bottle of champagne would highly recommend this hotel booked this hotel
Reviewed 2 October 2012

I can only agree with the positive reviews previously posted here. My husband and I and adult son stayed here for 8 nights in September. Our rooms, although small, were very comfortable and kept very clean. Although at first I thought the beds might be a little hard, they turned out to be just right after a long day of walking in Paris. We also appreciated being away from the traffic chaos of some more touristy areas which allowed a quieter night's sleep. Being close to two Métro stops, all of the attractions of central Paris were still easily and quickly accessible. The breakfasts at the hotel offered a good selection, and we didn't bother to go elsewhere for breakfast. We had dinner at a couple neighbourhood restaurants recommended by the hotel, Le Cefalu and Vin & Marée, and both were delicious! In all, the Grand Hotel Francais was a very comfortable place to stay which I would definitely recommend.

• Trip type: Travelled with family
2  Thank Annie79
Reviewed 1 October 2012

I stayed here with my fiancé at the end if September and I can honestly say go to this hotel. I stayed in the double superior and with that I got a king size bed, balcony. I opted out of the breakfast as there are plenty if patisseries on the street. The hotel staff were fabulous. And the bathroom facilities were better than any hotel I've ever stayed in. This is a must stay for the price you pay. Go thre.

2  Thank Rab-Forbes
Reviewed 27 September 2012

We just spent two nights there 25-27 sept and the service and accommodation is excellent nothing too hard for them to do for you. Room was great breakfast was lovely. We highly recommend this hotel. Thank you for the fantastic service from rooms 663 & 224.

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
5  Thank Miriam786
Reviewed 27 September 2012

I chose this hotel based on the excellent reviews on Tripadvisor and the affordable price. I spent five excellent nights at the hotel and would happily recommend this hotel to others. All of the staff were friendly and helpful. The breakfast staff, in particular, always greeted me with a smile. Speaking of breakfast, I usually prefer to grab a coffee and a croissant on the go, but after one breakfast at the hotel I kept going back for more. The selection of cheeses and meats was perfect and the large servings of coffee were delicious.
We received excellent recommendations for nearby restaurants- try Pouzada just down the road. The neighborhood is 'local', not touristy, but yet right across the street from the Rue du Boulets metro and a short walk to Nation which offers access to other metro lines and the RER.
As for the room, I knew the rooms would be small from other posts, but I don't care. I didn't go to Paris to sit in my room. The bed was comfortable, and the room was amazing quiet. I visited with 4 other people and we were all highly satisfied with this hotel.

Trip type: Travelled with friends
2  Thank KVanCan
Reviewed 26 September 2012

I love "coming home" to the Grand Hotel Fracais. The service from Wally and his team is always excellent. They always care and no request is too difficult. They even kindly upgraded me to a larger room when I advised that I would work from my room all day given they had availability. The rooms are designed with modern and chic furnishings and the hotel is located very conveniently to a host of great local restaurants in a safe and bobo area of Paris. Links to the RER and metro are only a few minutes walk. The hotel is always happy to arrange a reservation in a local restaurant when you wish to meet clients and friends and kindly organises transport very efficiently. The wifi is easily accessible and of a suitable strength for streaming video or handling Skype video calls with clients. The rooms are very clean and cleaned daily by staff. Free water is available in a small fridge in your room with tea and coffee making facilities. The bath is a good size for relaxing after a long day. The breakfast service is a good spread of cold meats, Parisian pastries and good strong coffee.The staff also can kindly deliver it to your room at a suitable hour. A basic bar service is also available in the foyer. Basic printing services are also on offer if you urgently need to print a document for business. We have stayed here with friends, family, my loved one and with business colleagues. It's great value for money and I can highly recommend it.

It's my home away from home in Paris and I always look forward to coming back. It's not always easy to get a reservation as they are always very popular, so it's best to book well in advance to secure your room.

Highly recommended!!!

Room tip: Rooms with only a shower feel more spacious.
  • Trip type: Travelled on business