Hotel Les Jardins du Marais
  • Fitness centre
US$ 499
  • Fitness centre
1,962 results
All reviewsseparate buildingscentral courtyardlovely courtyardmetro stationsmall kitchenettepicasso museumbooked this hotelaround the cornerside streetnotre damecentral pariscroissantsmaraisbastillesebastienfridgebeaumarchais
Reviewed 22 May 2012

A comfortable hotel with friendly staff and a good bar located in a very convenient part of the city.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled with friends
Reviewed 20 May 2012

I had an excellent 6-night stay at Les Jardins du Marais in early May. While the location is a ways from the center of Le Marais, it's an easy stroll to Place de la Bastille or Place de la Republique, and there's a metro stop (on the 8 line) literally around the corner, so it's very easy to get to more touristy parts of the city. It is a little inconvenient if you plan to take the train in from CDG, but I managed it.

The hotel is comprised of about 6 separate buildings arranged around a lovely interior courtyard, which made for a nice place to take a break in between touristy stuff during the day and going out to dinner.

Design is an interesting balance of modern and traditional (sort of "basic early 2000s boutique design hotel" I guess), with lots of sparkly tiles as accents, and some interesting furniture.

I avoided the restaurant which did look spendy--I think hotel restaurants are in most cases just if you're desperate or lazy, or if it's late or a torrential downpour. But it's Paris, there are tons of cafes within a moments' walk.

My room was quiet and comfortable and very clean, and even had a little kitchenette, not that I was doing any cooking while I was in there.

I found the front desk staff to be really great--they swapped my room when the first one wasn't quite right, they mailed postcards, provided directions, and made restaurant reservations for me.

Bottom line: if location-location-location is your primary thing, this is not the hotel for you. But it's cute, comfortable, and I had a good experience with the staff. I'd happily stay there on future Paris visits.

Room Tip: As others have noted, definitely ask for a room that doesn't face Rue Amelot. Rooms facing the courtyard are probably the best from a noise point of view.
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank Joe_Manhattan
Reviewed 19 May 2012 via mobile

Bought this on Expedia at a discount. Location was right but there it ended. There are two nightclubs across the street and next door. If they stick you with the front rooms, you get no sleep. I complained but they said they were full. I asked if they have another hotel I could go to. They said yes but I would have to pay for both rooms! Beware! It is air and switch.

• Stayed: May 2012
6  Thank Pdxvac
Reviewed 16 May 2012

I stayred at this hotel for 3 nights in May. I had a 4 star room in a disjointed, disconnected hotel on a 1 or 2 star street. Don't be mislead by the name, there wasn't a flower in sight in the courtyard or on the street. The prices in their restaurant were high; the breakfast (included) room was through the outdoor courtyard and then down some winding cement steps. There was a small box of cookies in the room marked 10 eu. I did not partake of them or of anything in the mini bar, so I was shocked to presented with an itemized list of items charged to my room in the amount of 32 euros. Of course, I protested. I was then told to sign the invoice that was to indicate that I disagreed with the charges. I would not stay at this hotel again.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled solo
2  Thank DearEleven
Reviewed 16 May 2012

The boutique hotel was a pleasant experience..the rooms were decorated very well and was cozy for a couple. The staff were very helpful. Amazing boutique! would highly recommend it!

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple