“Charming boutique hotel; great location and staff!”
Review of Hotel d'Aubusson

Hotel d'Aubusson
Ranked #29 of 1,802 Hotels in Paris
Los Angeles, California
“Charming boutique hotel; great location and staff!”
Reviewed 30 June 2012

We stayed at this wonderful hotel based on the location, TripAdvisor reviews and Conde Nast's recommendation. We were not disappointed. The concierge service was uniformly excellent during the four days we were there. It is only one half block from the Pont Neuf bridge, on the left bank. Although in the St. Germain area, rue Dauphine is a quiet street, a couple of blocks from the hustle of the area. There is a wonderful pastry shop with great coffee a block and a half down the block, and Starbucks around the corner. The pizza place on the corner was recommended by the hotel and was outstanding for 10E! A couple of tips; we failed to book a package with breakfast and the concierge recommended that we book through the hotel directly next time. The breakfast room was beautiful but at 20E each we skipped it this time. I also think an upgrade from the basic room would be well worth the money for the increased size of the bathroom and room, although the basic room (on the street) was quiet with the double paned windows, and even though there was only one sink, the remodeled bathroom was very user friendly with alot of counter space. If what you are looking for is a charming boutique hotel, full of French charm with knowledgable, friendly English speaking staff in probably the best location in Paris, this is the place to stay!

Room Tip: Upgrade to the Superior room. Do not be dissuaded, however, from a street room--they are still very...
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Denise T
, General Manager at Hotel d'Aubusson, responded to this review, 2 July 2012
Dear Guest,
Thank you for sharing your experience with us and fellow travellers, it is much appreciated.
We are thrilled to read that your expectations were met and that you enjoyed your stay with us and we look forward to welcoming you back to Hotel d'Aubusson in the future.

Andreas Spove
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (171)
  • Arabic first
Melbourne
Reviewed 25 June 2012

I've stayed at a ton of hotels in Paris from bottom to top end and there are few who can match the charm and character of this small boutique hotel well located on the Rive Gauche. From the time my taxi arrived across the road laden with luggage after travelling around France for two months I was made to immediately feel welcome and relaxed by the doorman who saw me arrive a short distance away from the facade. My superior double room was slightly larger than expected for a Paris boutique hotel but with a big closet area and nice bathroom with shower over tub. The iPod dock was a welcome addition. Hermes bath products were a nice touch. Continental breakfast was good although the hotel is situated in a lovely area with many cafes, boulangeries and restaurants. The public areas were elegantly appointed in classic French style. My regrets were missing out on the jazz concerts (not on the Tuesday I was there) and only being able to stay one night.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank kahkityoong
, General Manager at Hotel d'Aubusson, responded to this review, 26 June 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your nice comment. I am very pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay with us.
Next time you come and stay with us, you will have to stay longer in order to enjoy our jazz evenings that are on, wednesdays through saturdays.

Thank you for staying with us and until next time!

NSW Central Coast
Reviewed 23 June 2012

My wife and I enjoyed a 4 night stay at the hotel.

The service was excellent and we were made feel most welcome. The hotel's location is terrific with only a short walk to Pont Neuf and the Louvre.

Our room overlooked the street, however there was little or no noise. We also enjoyed lovely breakfasts at the hotel.

We wouldn't hesitate to recommend the hotel to anyone planning to visit Paris.

Bob Ward

• Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple
, General Manager at Hotel d'Aubusson, responded to this review, 25 June 2012
Dear Mr & Mrs Ward,

Thank you so much for your kind comments and for sharing your experience with fellow travellers.

We are very pleased to read that your stay with us was such a success and it would be a pleasure to welcome you back to Hotel d'Aubusson in the future.

Miami, Florida
Reviewed 12 June 2012

My husband and I, along with two friends, spent a wonderful 4 nights at this beautiful hotel, which is in a great location.
I didn't notice until I unpacked my belongs upon my return home that I did not have my camera. I contacted the hotel and was told that I had mistakenly left it in my hotel room safe. The concierge packed it up and sent it to me via Fed Ex. I was so grateful to receive all my vacation photos. The staff were extremely nice and helpful. We definitely recommend this hotel.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled with friends
ManagerAubusson, General Manager at Hotel d'Aubusson, responded to this review, 13 June 2012
Dear Madam,

Thank you for your kind comment. I am very happy that you enjoyed your stay with us and that you found the camera.

We would be delighted to welcome you back to Hotel d'Aubusson in the future.

nyc
Reviewed 11 June 2012

great location, beautiful room and bathroom kind helpful staff great jazz bar

• Stayed June 2012, travelled with family
ManagerAubusson, General Manager at Hotel d'Aubusson, responded to this review, 12 June 2012
Dear Guests,

Thank you for sharing your experience with us and fellow travellers. We are thrilled that you chose our hotel as your place of residence while in Paris.

We hope to see you again in the future!