“Nice!”

Ranked #98 of 1,798 Hotels in Paris
Syracuse, New York
“Nice!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 July 2012

We stayed at the Artus Hotel for 5 days recently. The hotel is is a perfect location - you can walk to just about any attraction, or take bus / subways located nearby.

The hotel staff are professional, knowledgeable, and friendly. All of the front desk staff speak perfect English, and willingly give restaurant recommendations, travel directions, and tour information.

Our room was small, I would stay in a junior suite if I had it to do over again. The beds are small but comfortable, and the showers were very good.

The Artus is an excellent, small hotel in a perfect location for vacationers.

Room Tip: If you can afford it, go with the junior suite. The lesser rooms are quite small.
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Kevin B
Hotels_MHurand, Directeur général at Artus Hotel by MH, responded to this review, 31 July 2012
Dear Kevin B,

I thank you for all of your complimentary and kind words regarding our hotel. We genuinely have a passion for all of our guests and I am glad that they can feel it like you did.

We are looking forward to welcoming you back.

Kindest regards,
Romain Binet - General Manager
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (127)
  • Hebrew first
Los Gatos, California, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 July 2012

My first trip to Paris, and we hit the jackpot with the Artus Hotel. The location off Saint Germain is very convenient to the metro, buses, cafes, museums, and shopping. Absolutely wonderful for experiencing Paris!

The staff was always very helpful and really wanted to make our stay pleasant. Sanjay the concierge/manager is in a class by himself. Not only is he knowledgeable and helpful, but anticipates your needs before you can articulate them!

I love Paris and plan to return soon, and I will be staying at the Artus Hotel.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Pritha S
Dear Pritha S,

Thank you for taking the time to share your very nice feedback on your recent stay with us.

I am delighted to hear that you had an enjoyable experience and that you found the staff to be great.

Thank you for your personal recommendation and I hope that we can welcome you back to the Artus Hotel very soon.

Yours sincerely,
Romain Binet - Directeur General
Denver, Colorado
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 July 2012

The Artus Hotel is located in St. Germain - A great starting point in Paris. We were close to a metro stop, but there were many restaurants and attractions within walking distance of our hotel. All of the concierge staff was excellent. They made great recommendations for restaurants and were very helpful to us during our stay. Sanjay helped us in advance of our stay and even followed up with us afterward because he wasn't available when we checked out. The room was small (as you should expect in Paris), but also modern, clean, quiet, and well-organized.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple
Dear sparkplug123,

I am sincerely touched by your feedback and I thank you for that. We try our best and be as attentive as possible with all of our guests and we love to pamper them.

We look forward to welcoming you back at our centrally located Artus Hotel.

Best regards,
NYC
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 July 2012

Just got back from a 4 night stay at the Artus. The location is amazing. The room was a little small, but who goes to Paris to hang out in the room. That said it was clean, quiet and nicely decorated.

In terms of service, Sanjay and his staff went out of their way at every opportunity.

I would absolutely stay here again.

Room Tip: We were on the backside of the hotel and you could hear a pin drop.
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple
Dear AATBenjamin,

I am very thankful for your kind words. I obviously shared your positive feedback with the Artus Hotel team who were extremely pleased to have fulfilled your expectations.
We genuinely love to pamper all of our guests !

I look forward to welcoming you. Please do not hesitate to stay at the Artus Hotel when you next visit Paris.

Kind regards,
Houston, Texas
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 June 2012

I made a reservation in January for a four night stay in June for myself, wife and two kids (ages 10 and 12). They told me I needed two rooms. I paid a deposit on the rooms (actually they charged me twice -- two deposits, but quickly refunded the extra charge when my wife called them -- problem with the website). I also corresponded by email with the concierge about the reservation to confirm.
I got an email two weeks prior to our stay from the concierge saying, "you just needed one room, right?" I told them if they thought we could all fit in one, fine. He said no, and that they only had one room available -- but offered a room in their sister hotel. Obviously, this isn't going to be a good situation for us -- to split up between two different hotels. When I reminded the concierge about having made a deposit, he told me that they would be glad to refund it -- which they did promptly.
I really had to scramble to find something else -- basically everything I looked for in the 6th was booked. We splurged on a much more expensive place due to the last minute (and I even lost money on the exchange rate difference between the original deposit amount and the refund).
Probably the worst hotel reservation experience I have ever had.

Stayed June 2012, travelled with family
4 Thank Tim D
Dear Tim D,

I would like to take this opportunity to express my apologies for the inconveniences you experienced at the Artus Hotel whilst on your visit to Paris.

I was sorry to discover of the issues you encountered with our reservation Department. We will act to take your comments on board and prevent similar problems arising in the future.
Rest assured these matters have been discussed amongst the team and we shall be making significant improvements so that if you, hopefully, return you will find marked improvement in our service levels.

Thank you for your understanding and do let me know if I can be of any assistance in the future.

Yours sincerely,