All reviews left bank ernest hemingway british embassy lovely courtyard croissants pretty courtyard charming hotel inner courtyard master bedroom coffee table interesting shops single room breakfast room other hotels luxembourg gardens an ideal location large room
Reviewed 30 August 2018 via mobile

I stayed three nights at this hotel on a quiet street in St-Germain-des-Prés. My room on the landing between the ground and first floors was characterful and rather quirky, with the toilet separated from the bathroom by the bedroom and a small lounge area. The buffet breakfast is a delight, and can be taken indoors in a beautiful room or in the shady courtyard.

Stayed: August 2018, travelled solo
Reviewed 26 August 2018 via mobile

Fifteen years ago, I visited Paris with my then boyfriend as students and we did the city on a shoe string during Christmas time. I remember falling in love with the Saint-Germain des Pres area and seeing this little cute hotel and thinking I’d love to stay there. For our ten year anniversary the now husband remembered and booked it, not like us at all! Well it lived up to my expectations. It’s in the most wonderful spot, very quiet but close to gorgeous cafes, bars and chic shops and close to the metro stop too. We were looked after so well. We were upgraded to a much larger room, with sofa area, huge bathroom, looking out onto the road, which was lovely as we used the large French windows as a balcony and people watched. They left us a complimentary bottle of veuve cliquot too. fabulous! Breakfast lovely, courtyard adorable and staff so helpful and friendly. Decor is beautiful, like a faded French grandeur which suited us. I would love to return and it’s good value for money in a very pricey quarter.

Stayed: August 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 20 August 2018

The service was very good and we liked the location very much, Close to museum, church and restaurang. Maybe we wood like a little better beds. Butr the room was nice, old and with charm.Breakfast was good .

Stayed: May 2018, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Reviewed 15 August 2018 via mobile

My wife and I have been staying here year after year. So long now I can’t keep count. A couple of times we tried other rather more expensive hotels but while in them we ask ourselves “why not the d’Angleterrre?”

Some reasons:

1. Superior rooms are roomy and comfortable. The bathrooms with places for a ladies essentials.

2 The location suits us. Good walking to the Louvre, Champs Elyssee. Museu D’Orsay, Luxembourg Gardens and hosts of good restaurants. We tend to walk when in Paris soaking up the atmosphere and charm of neighborhoods, parks, shops.

3 Services in the hotel. Excellent service all around. One can email ahead to have bookings made. Suggestions about dining or museums or anything else (shopping, but sometimes the quest is best! ) We are pleasantly surprised to greet the same fine people year after year.

4. Breakfast is very satisfying and ample and is included if one books directly with the hotel or on the website.

While the hotel does not have air conditioners a good fan is supplied and we have found this is sufficient.

We live in California so that the welcome we receive after a long flight is much appreciated.

Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 14 August 2018

We booked our hotel a little late and thought we were fortunate to have a room be available at this Hotel. It was centrally located to many of the things we wanted to do, and had a bed (not pull out sofa) for our daughter. So, the room slept 3 people really well! It was a walk up so no elevator, I think our room was 4 floors up. The bathtub was in the open to the master bedroom but we took turns so it was fine. The toilet was off of that bedroom. So, you would need to walk through it to get to the toilet. It was quiet, impeccably clean, beautifully decorated, had a fridge, amazingly comfortable beds... The staff was kind and helpful, breakfast was delicious, coffee amazing! It was perfect for us!

Room Tip: It is a quiet area. We heard no noise. No AC but didn't need it (and it was hot,) they have several fans.
  • Stayed: August 2018, travelled with family