“Beautiful stay in great location!”
Review of Le Meurice

Le Meurice
Ranked #39 of 1,801 Hotels in Paris
New York
“Beautiful stay in great location!”
Reviewed 24 April 2012

We stayed in February and this hotel added to the magic of Paris! Even though the room was small, it was still spotless and very comfortable. The service is wonderful and the live music in the lobby always kept me sitting there a bit longer. I would without a doubt, return to Le Meurice. Just gorgeous!!!

• Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
LeMeuriceParis, Responsable relations clients at Le Meurice, responded to this review, 29 April 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your kind review that touched us deeply.

Looking forward to see you again at Le Meurice.

Joseph Gardon
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (154)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed 17 April 2012

We've stayed at Le Meurice twice now and thorougly enjoyed it both times even if there are other places we have stayed that are probably better.

What Le Meurice sometimes lacks in quick service at the front desk or in the lobby dining areas it more than makes up for in the character and setting of the hotel.

The rooms are typically good but not great although this time we upgraded to a junior suite which was staggeringly beautiful. Unfortunately niggles with things like the toilet flush etc tend to persist at Le Meurice and we also had a series of power cuts.

All of that being said it is however a great hotel and we will definitely be back.

Room Tip: If you fancy spoiling yourself try the junior suites, they are incredibly furnished.
Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing your recent experience at Le Meurice.

We are vey glad to hear that you will be back however please accept our apologies for the inconviences you encountered and that should not happen in a Palace like Le Meurice.

I remain at you entire disposal for any further assistance.

Yours sincerely,

Norway
Reviewed 14 April 2012

First of all: WOW!

My previous experience with five star hotels is very brief, however, I must say that this hotel exceeded my expectations at all points..

The rooms: The room was beautifully decorated! The bed was huge and comfy, and the bathroom was spacious, and again: beautiful. I especially liked the thick towels, the robes, the Penhaligon toiletries, the slippers and the flowers in our room. I also LOVED the caramels that they put out for us.. YUMMY!

Service: From the moment that I arrived the hotel to the moment I left, I was taken cared of and treated like a princess by all the employees. The staff was very accomodating and helpful at all points. They also made sure to make up our room perfect every day. - And I do make a lot of mess.

Location: . You can not find a more perfect location. I have lived in Paris myself, so I'm used to getting around both by walking and by metro. If you choose to walk, you are only a short distance away from almost everything you need, and if you choose to take the metro, the station is only 200 m down the road. Getting a taxi was also smooth, as the hotel-staff did the job for us.

Ambiance: Wonderful!

As to the bar and the restaurant, I did not have the chance to try them, but I guess they were great too.
I would reccomend future guests to stop by Angelina (straight out the door) and taste their world famous "chocolat chaud".. Divine!

However, there is one downtour: The wi-fi. When you stay at a five star hotel, you expect in room wi-fi to be part of the price.( In most three star hotels it is! ) 24 euros for one day of wi-fi is a bit steep!

All in all, I would say it is the best hotel I have every stayed at.. - And possibly the best hotel I will ever stay at.

M.

Room Tip: Ask for the rooms facing Jardin de Tuileries! - Just because the garden is beautiful.
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled with friends
LeMeuriceParis, Responsable relations clients at Le Meurice, responded to this review, 15 April 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing your very kind comments about your recent stay at Le Meurice.

I will be delighted to share your feedback with the rest of the team. I have also taken good note of your comment about Wifi access.

I hope to have an opportunity to welcome you back to Le Meurice in the future.

Kind regards,
London
Reviewed 13 April 2012

From the moment you enter this beautiful hotel, you are cared for in every way. The room was charming with an inviting large bed, good mattress and lovely linen. Room service is excellent and the restaurant has never been anything than the best. Thank you all for yet another enchanting visit.

Room Tip: Our room overlooking the courtyard was good but those with a view over the Jardins des Tuileries are...
1 Thank Alexandra E
Dear Guest,

I was very pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay at Le Meurice. Please be assured that I have shared your kind comments with the rest of the team.

We do hope to have an opportunity to welcome you back to Le Meurice in the future.

Kind regards,

London
Reviewed 10 April 2012

Just got back from a weekend in Paris and the stay at Le Meurice simply made the whole weekend.
The location is superb, the standard impeccable, the decor is absolutely stunning and the service is by far the best and friendliest I have ever experienced (over the years I have stayed at many, many 5 star hotels and this hotel really stands out in the service department). This is five star at its very finest. I was quite surprised to read some reviews below that complained about "patchy service". The front desk were extremely helpful in making and changing reservations as well as phoning boutiques to check opening times etc. They also took very good care of our car.
The hotel gym is very good - in terms of hotel standards. A couple of treadmills, cross trainers and decent resistance equipment.
We also loved the hotel bar and would frequent it for afternoon drinks as well as night caps.
The next time we visit Paris we will definitely come back.

Dear Guests,

we were delighted to read you review concerning your recent stay among us.

As we are dedicated to create a unique experience and cater to the utmost wishes of our guests, we are very happy to learn that you found your stay with us most enjoyable and that the services of our staff exceeded your expectations.

We hope we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back soon et remain,

Yours sincerely,