“My Favorite Gelato in Paris”
Review of Amorino

Amorino
Ranked #20 of 332 Dessert in Paris
Neighbourhood: Ile de la Cité / Ile Saint-Louis
Neighbourhood: Ile de la Cité / Ile Saint-Louis
Reviewed 10 October 2017

Whenever I'm in Paris, I make it a point to stop at an Amorino shop -- whichever one I come across first. The servers are always upbeat and absolute artists in making gelato scoops look like a flower in the cone. And I can always rely on finding a multitude of delicious flavors, so many that it is always difficult to choose.

On my most recent stay, the little shop on rue Saint-Louis beckoned. Only two others were ahead of me, so I needed to make some decisions fast. I opted for a petite cone, the smallest of the three sizes available, and chose two flavors, coffee and nutella. Later, I wished I had picked more colorful flavors, because brown and beige did not a pretty flower make. But it tasted rich and even held some coffee beans.

The gelato seemed to be softer than usual and started to dribble down the cone, but I managed to capture every last drop. I walked a block to the Seine to enjoy imy purchase with a view of Norte Dame. The shop has some seating, but it is extremely limited.

Reviewed 29 September 2017

Presentation is everything! I have to be honest, I only wanted this gelato for a photo op, but then after tasting it, I had to go back for more! I had Chocolate, raspberry with a macaroon on top! It is worth the wait, the line is a bit confusing, but again worth any trouble, the employee was very helpful and polite.

Reviewed 14 September 2017

Delicious gelato in Ile Saint Louis. I had mango coffee and vanilla in a petit dish. Do there if in the neighborhood.

Reviewed 18 July 2017 via mobile

Why wait in the huge line for a tiny scoop from the other place? We came across Amorino on our last visit and haven't bothered going anywhere else since. The portions are good and the gelato is excellent. Not quite Giolitti but hey this isn't Roma!

Reviewed 21 June 2017 via mobile

I saw a couple of tourists eating ice cream so i wanted one, through google maps i fell on Amorino the closest ice cream shop to me. And what a pleasant surprise, i picked lemon mango and strawberry and it was amazing the taste is very balanced between these three with the right amount of sugar and acidity keeping the texture smooth. A must try