“Montmatre”
Review of Hotel Jean-Gabriel

Hotel Jean-Gabriel
Ranked #1,238 of 1,805 Hotels in Paris
Reviewed 29 March 2012

We, me and my daughter (21) had a plesant stay in this hotel. The room, and the shower could bigger and we missed a lazy chair.
The location was perfect, near bus and metro station, several café's and restaurants. Very clean.

• Stayed: March 2012
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
6  Thank Josefina B

Reviewed 24 February 2012

i took my girlfriend to paris for a nice valentines getaway and expected a relaxing weekend but on the way to the hotel on the metro train, a french woman approached us and took us that we were being followed by two arab men after our bags. so we jumped off at the next station we walked around the station three and were still being followed, we quicked jumped on the train as it was leaving they ran towards the train but couldnt get on. we arrived at place de clichy (nearest station to hotel) the exit was crowded by homeless and arabs, once again we were being followed, so we jumped into a taxi. we told the taxi driver the exactly location but he acted dumb and sed he think its this way then that way, suddenly he remembered and it cost us 14 euros and then he didnt even help with the bags. the area is disgusting and full of vile people always asking for money and cigarettes. the hotel was good and clean the area really made it a horrible expereince.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
4  Thank alfie s
Reviewed 8 February 2012

Two young people running the hotel where 5 star service is provided, from breakfast, really nice lady and good choice of everything. At thé front desk, people amaze you by the number of langues spoken : english, spanish, italian, portuguese ... You can ask any question you will get all the answers, and the right ones thanks to the moroccan guy. The owner herself welcomes you with the warmest smile, i really felt we had seen each others before. My room was very clean and neat, efficient service everyday and refilled with tea and coffee everyday. really m'y stay was more than pleasant if you are not looking for a luxury hotel. There's a réal comfort and a top notch service. I defenitly recommend it and will surely go back there. Thank you Jean Gabriel, you made my stay!!!

• Stayed: February 2012
4  Thank Nicaulaus
Reviewed 5 November 2010

This is a newly re-done hotel that was recommended by the El Dorado down the street. Very pleasant staff, nice hard bed, room gets really dark at night (an essential for me!). Room was simple but clean with some little flourishes in the way of art. Breakfast room very nice-kind of a barrel vaulted room with a historic feel.

We paid about 100 Euros, including breakfast, which I thought was very reasonable.

A nice, option if you'd rather spend your money on some of the other pleasures of Paris rather than the hotel room!

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 24 June 2010

They gave a room key to a maintenance man who entered my room twice (despite a do not disturb sign on the door) while I was still in bed. The second time, he sat down on my bed and started hitting on me. When I complained to the hotel staff later, they claimed I was lying because I didn't want to pay my bill. I would pay twice the normal rate just to feel safe in my room!! I checked out immediately. This hotel does not care about their guests' privacy and security. Do not stay here.

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled solo