New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

Ranked #11 of 155 Food & Drink in Paris
More attraction details
Fee: No
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: How will you visit Paris? With expats, or with true NATIVES? On paid tours, or on FREE, pay-what-you-want, services? Alex, Charlotte, Bertrand and Cécile are native borns of Paris. We share our city. We do not give you a standard tourist product, we treat you like a visiting friend, sharing our city's confidential venues along with our famed landmarks. Our Discover Walks tours are fun, informative and personal, so you feel part of Paris. Our group tours are free of price - you pay what you want. Private, paid tours are also available. 5 free tours to choose from. We now also offer a Night Tour. All tours are easy and comfortable, in intimate, small groups, in English, and run every day run or shine.Guests say Discover Walks are like exploring Paris in the company of a local friend.
Fairport, New York
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 21 helpful votes
“Terrific Tour!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 April 2012

I booked this tour as our first taste of Paris so we could get a feel for things before we set off on our own....so glad I did! Bertrand was a fabulous tour guide. He responded quickly to all my emails and met us promptly at the agreed upon spot. He was very knowledgeable and we learned a lot during our 2 1/2 hour Discover Paris tour. I only wish that we could have had time to fit more tours in!

1 Thank lmasood
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

• Chinese (Traditional) first
haifa
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“paris,the cool way..”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 April 2012

me and my husband really liked the tour with Philippe, it was one of the things we enjoyed the most during our visit to Paris. we heard great stories, learned about the history ,all with lots of humor and fun.

Visited February 2012
1 Thank Sarit Y
Houston, Texas
52 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 34 helpful votes
“Not organized”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 April 2012

As advertised, I looked for someone in fuchsia wearing discovery tours attire. Heck, I even asked people in purple, a ht pink beret and even a kid if there were representing Discovery Tours. No one was there. I tried them twice: Sunday for the Marais tour and then Monday for the 230 city tour. No dice. Both times no one showed up. I was there at least 10 minutes before each tour start time. I also waited for 5 minutes after. I am sorry, but I am very unimpressed. It's not professional.

While Bertrand was very responsive. The website was wrong te second time. I encourage you to contact them via email. Even if there are 1 or 2 of you traveling.

Fortunately I did the City Free Tours instead. They were reliable. Responsible and knowledgeable. Go with a tour organized by Chris.

4 Thank GitaK0099
DiscoverWalks, Manager at Discover Walks, responded to this review, 20 April 2012
100,000 apologies. In one place in our listings we made in error.
The start of our Summer schedule - listing April 15 in lieu of April 20.
We are now posting guides at the start of all non-existing tours through April 20.
Our sincere apologies.
Discover Walks.
Sydney
9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 10 helpful votes
“Fantastic and lots of fun! :)”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 April 2012

My friend and I took the Montmarte tour with Flora, and the Notre Dame tour with Marie. Both tours were wonderful - they were full of history, stories, and humour. My friend and I explored Paris by ourselves but it was very nice to have local Parisiens as our tour guides for a change. We found both tours very informative and thoroughly enjoyed each. You stop at many landmarks and the guides take you to spots that are less travelled by the tourists which is a definite plus for some wonderful photos. Best thing of all, the tours were free and no bookings are required! We tipped generously as we loved our tour guides. Our tour guides were wonderful, giving us time saving tips along with recommendations for eateries that only the local Parisiens go to. We wanted to do all the tours but unfortunately our trip to Paris was a bit short this time round, we will definitely be back and will be taking the other Discover Walks tours we missed. Thank you, Discover Walks, for making such a mark on our Paris trip! :)

Visited March 2012
1 Thank Teriyaki_88
New Hampshire, United States
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“5th trip to Paris and I still learned a lot”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 April 2012

Over the years I've done all the "regular" tourist things. I was here on business and not sure if I'd have time for sightseeing - not having to make reservations was GREAT!
I ended up dong 3 tours on a Saturday the Paris landmarks w/ Augustin, Ile de la cite with Agathe, and Latin Quarter w/ Bertrand. They were all excellent, I had a history refresher and learned new stuff, too.

All spent lots of time at the end suggesting what to do next, giving directions, etc. After 3 walking tours, I was tired, so I used the coupon for a discounted Vedette ride on the River. As someone traveling alone on business, the guides made the day a great group experience.

1 Thank MaryBethRaven