2,736 results
All reviews saint georges free drinks and snacks moulin rouge sacre coeur galeries lafayette free wifi lovely hotel walking distance breakfast room quiet street loved this hotel metro station croissants mini bar twin room visit paris breakfast was included
Reviewed 19 December 2015 via mobile

Had an extremely pleasant 3 nights here, the staff were incredibly helpful and pleasant. The room was small but cosy and the hotel it's self wasn't far from the town centre and all of Paris' attractions, would definitely recommend to others!

Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank alexissam
Reviewed 17 December 2015

Stayed at the Hotel Joyce for 3 nights and it was all good. I have stayed at the Hotel Monterosa (opposite the Joyce) before, and know the area well. Great place to stay, close to St Georges metro. Within walking distance of the rue de Martyrs for shopping and markets including a fascinating "brocante" market in Avenue Trudaine. A couple of metro stops or a walk up to Montmartre (Abbesses for the funiculaire). There are two museums close by, Gustave Moreau and a charming little gem, the Musee de la Vie Romantique (Georges Sand). Lots good local restaurants and theatres. Also walkable to les Grands Magasins, Galeries Lafayette and Printemps, or take a direct metro to Sevres Babylone for Bon Marche and their wonderful "Grande Epicerie" food hall.

Hotel staff all very friendly. I had a room on the 6th floor (lift). All clean and tidy. Breakfast in a large conservatory located in what was once the courtyard of a mansion building. Breakfast all good - usual continental breakfast and some hot food, eggs, bacon and sausages, Bonne Maman jams. All day free bar with soft drinks, cakes (apple tart, chocolate cake), snacks and biscuits.

This visit went to the Aligre Market - great fruit,veg and herbs with cheese & meat in indoor market. Some great bars in the vicinity - try Le Baron Rouge for oysters and glass of wine from the barrel. Highly recommended.

Choice of single, double and twin rooms - all equally nice.

Room tip: Had a quiet room on the 6th floor.
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
1  Thank sukesbad
Reviewed 16 December 2015

Comfortably-sized room, the service by the staff was very good. I was given a bottle of water after I checked out. The receptionist recommended a good restaurant just two doors down, which served delicious French food. The hotel itself is located amongst a few Brasseries, Cafés and restaurants and just a 10 minute walk from the Galleries Lafayette. The wifi connection was ok, a bit slow at times but generally good, can't complain. The breakfast was very good, spoilt for choice.

• Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed 9 December 2015 via mobile

Visited in Feb 2015 and was very happy as spotlessly clean and excellent continental breakfast so booked for Christmas Market - hotel staff are wonderful making you feel welcome from your 1st step inside the door to leaving our case on last day whilst we soaked up the 3rd day of our trip and getting back to the hotel a little damp to say the least with the very wet weather and ordering us a taxi. Hotel is well situated and near lafaette galleries and lots of places to eat and drink. Love the decor but the staff definitely make this hotel we will be booking again.

Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank carona904
Reviewed 6 December 2015

I spent a week at Hotel Joyce just 3 days after the terrible terrorist attacks that happened in Paris. When we arrived the staff was very welcoming and thanked us several times for not canceling. The room was clean but very small. I've done quite a bit of traveling in Europe and expect small rooms but this one was smaller than most. My friend and I were not able to move around the room easily so we ended up storing our luggage in the bathroom when we weren't using it. The breakfast offered a good selection that I appreciated. Probably my favorite thing about this hotel was the "open bar" from 2-10pm everyday. Basically they left out snacks and drinks for the guests and we took advantage of this several times when coming back to the hotel in the afternoon to rest a bit before heading out again at night. The location is a bit out of the way but only about a 10 minute walk from 2 different metro stations which will get you anywhere in the city you need to go. I will advise people staying here to not plan on ordering room service... we did one night when it was raining a lot so we didn't want to go out but the food was pretty bad.

Basically, I would stay here again but would book a bigger room and plan to have dinner outside the hotel every night.

Date of stay: November 2015