“A gem in Paris!”

Hotel Joyce - Astotel
Ranked #69 of 1,804 Hotels in Paris
Reviewed 13 July 2012

We arrived in Paris extremely harried but once we entered the Hotel Joyce our moods changed immediately. The quirky trendy details of the lobby and breakfast room and the fresh modern accoutrements of the rooms delighted us but the helpfulness of the staff restored our love of travel. On several occasions, the front desk staffmembers assisted us above and beyond the call, impressing even my jaded frequent business travelling husband. The free Wi fi was welcomed by our teenagers and my husband and we also agreed that the breakfast and breakfast room was the best we had experienced in our European trip. My husband said that he would definitely return to the Hotel Joyce when he was next in Paris and I will be assuredly recommending it to friends.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family

Reviewed 9 July 2012

My trip to Paris started off with disaster after disaster. One of which was my initial hotel which I knew I could not stay in another night. Every hotel I tried was booked and finally was able to get a room at the Joyce Hotel. Upon arrival I looked into the lobby and it was like I finally found heaven after all the unfortunate thing that happened. After a very long day all I wanted was to get into my room. I met Samuel at the font desk and he was delightful - except he could not find my reservation. This cound not possibly be happening I thought. Samuel was very apologetic and tried to find me a room somewhere else but everything he tried was booked. Finally though, he somehow found my reservation. Again, he was very apologetic and couldn't have been nicer about it. I got my room and it was perfect. It was so clean, great decor and very spacious. Samuel also directed me to a delicious restaurant for dinner and was very helpful. Thanks to Samuel and the Joyce Hotel, my trip was not a complete disaster.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled on business
2  Thank Karin H
Reviewed 5 July 2012

My wife and I (and, on occasion, our three children) have stayed at the Hotel Joyce many times over the past few years. The last time we stayed, we were disappointed to find the hotel had overbooked and we were seconded to the sister hotel across the street. On that occasion, we had been 'upgraded' to a bigger room but it overlooked the street and too noisy for us. We were then given a small room at the back of the hotel with a broken shower head which was disappointing. We were still charged the full price for that night and we felt somewhat let down by the hotel on that occasion.
However, as most of our stays at Joyce have been great, we decided to try it again and I made sure the room we booked would be available to us. We were absolutely delighted to find we'd been upgraded when we arrived. We had a fantastic room on the top floor of the hotel - probably the quietest hotel room in Paris. The hotel remains clean and well-maintained. The staff are friendly and helpful.
We will definitely be staying here again!

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank MonkeyBites
Reviewed 4 July 2012

Every time I came to Paris, I chose this Hotel. The reason is very clear. First of all the hotel
is well maintained, very clean, very comfortable. Th access to shopping spots are convenient. Hothas provides free Wifi for 24 hours. Breakfast is not bad at all. The staffs are really nice and helpful. They are all good speakers of English, This time I asked them to find a typical French restaurant near the hotel because I have guests from London with two small kids (one-year-old and four-year-old), and they helped us make a reservation. We all had a wonderful Holiday break with their help.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank KazueM
Reviewed 3 July 2012

My boyfriend and I (both 27) stayed at Hotel Joyce for 3 nights and we both had a wonderful stay. The hotel staff were all very friendly and spoke very good English. The service was excellent and they were able to give us good advice on travelling around Paris. The Pigalle metro station was about a 10 minute walk so very convenient, and it took about 20 mins to get to central Paris, but we did actually end up walking as it was such lovely weather, which took about 1.5 hours (slow walk).

The hotel was very clean, modern, and so comfortable. There were no drinks or fridge in our room but they have an 'open bar' of soft drinks (as far as I know, there is no alcohol served in the hotel) that is open from 10:30/11am - midnight which you can help yourself to and we just took a bottle/can from there if we wanted a drink in the room. This is set in the breakfast room which is a lovely space you can relax in. The breakfast was from 7:30am - 11am Sat and Sunday and 7:30-10:30am during the week and consisted of tea, coffee, selection of cold meats, cooked sausages and omlettes, fresh fruit/fruit salad, yoghurts, bread and cereal.

The hotel is very near the Sacre Coeur and Moulin Rouge as well, so we decided to get tickets to see the show. We left it quite late to book online but we turned up on Saturday (the box office is open from about 10:30-6pm) and they were able to get us in for the 11pm Sunday show-tickets were 105 Euros pp which includes hald a bottle of champagne each. Given that the hotel is so close, it was fine to walk back to the hotel at about 1:15pm when the show finished.

We had a standard double room which was well decorated, had a lovely clean bathroom and was very comforable. There was a little bit of noise, but it did not cause any problems sleeping (and I am quite a light sleeper). Another plus point is the free wifi available.

Overall, I would definately stay in this hotel again. The location was good, the hotel was clean, modern and comfortable, the staff were friendly, welcoming and efficient.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple