1,748 results
All reviewsrooftop barlatin quarternotre damerue dantongreat locationexecutive roomst michel metroprivate balconywith eiffel tower viewrooms are smallrer bcdg airportbathroom dooran upgradelots of restaurantsmodern hotelmetro station
Reviewed 24 September 2010

We stayed here 5 nights - 2 nights using reward points, and 3 nights that we paid for. The hotel has been open as a Holiday Inn for 6 months, and they apparently did a complete renovation of whatever was there before, because everything was very modern. For the 2 free nights, we had booked a queen leisure room, but none were available, so we were upgraded to a king executive room. The room was fairly large (for Europe) with air conditioning. Bed was comfortable. Bathroom was pretty cool with a large shower that could shoot water from above, straight ahead, or through a removable hose, or any combination of the above (although the drain couldn't keep up with multiple options for very long). Privacy in the bathroom might be an issue for some--There was a huge window between the bedroom area and the shower (with the rest of the bathroom in clear view beyond the shower). There was a shade for this window on the bedroom side where someone using the bathroom had no control. Also the bathroom door was a sliding door made of frosted glass. Stay here with someone you love.
For the 3 paid nights, we were in a room with an Eiffel Tower view. This room was smaller and much more conventional, but still very modern and comfortable. The only negative was a tiny bathroom sink with no counter space. The room had a small balcony with a couple chairs and had a clear view of the Eiffel Tower. We saw an amazing sunset. I would say the view is worth the extra cost.
Hotel breakfast was good, but not worth 19 Euros when there are so many cafes in the area. The lobby area was nice, and the staff was very good. Elevators were very good, which isn't that common for Europe.

1  Thank jcd016
Reviewed 22 September 2010

During our trip to London we took the Eurostar to Paris, booking Tower View rooms at this hotel. From Gare du Nord station, the hotel can easily be reached by the #4 (Purple line) of Paris Metro then a 1 block walk from St Michel station.

The hotel itself is impecibly clean and modern and though I cannot vouch for the standard room, the Tower View rooms are WELL WORTH the added cost. Each room is comfortably equipped and comes with a balcony that is perfect to relax on with a glass of wine while looking out at the city and Eiffel Tower.

Some consider th staff to be standoffish however I found them highly efficient and professional from my experience. Two added bonuses to the hotel are a peaceful lobby level courtyard and a rooftop deck that provides a 360 degree view of Paris.

Location is the biggest asset. As I mentioned previously, it is a short Metro ride from Eurostar. The Eiffel Tower and Arc de Triumph can easily be reached by the C Line (yellow) though due to construction buses were running during our stay. Notre dame Cathedral is a 5 minute walk from the front door ... ok 15 if you stop to take 100 pictures along the way.

The hotel offers a restaurant however dining options are endless in this neighborhood though I would advise to avoid the restaurants that cater to tourists and venture down the narrow streets. My steak at Le Delart St Michel ran the preakness just prior to being served.

Overall our 36 hour experience in Paris was nothing short of harrowing. Torrential thunderstorms drowned us, gangs waited for us to lose grip of our bags and cameras to perform a grab-&-run, bands of beggers followed us like lonesome puppies and the Metro system's electronic pass readers left us trapped in stations too many times to count.

Today we can look back and laugh however we agree that this is only possible because our hotel provided a safe and comfortable environment from an otherwise chaotic trip.

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled with friends
1  Thank PittsburghDavid
Reviewed 22 September 2010

As a first timer I couldn't have made a better choice!! You are a block from the Seine and a bridge length from Notre Dame. The Metro station St Michel also serves RER B & C for both CDG airport & a trip to Versaille.
St Germaine includes both walkable high-end shopping one way (a far less crowded Louis Vuitton than Champs Elysee) and lower cost shopping (Zara,etc) the other way; also 2 blocks to a Monoprix supermarket). Rooms have a small fridge and their is a small shop next door for drinks and great fruit.
Other posters have shown the absolutely stunning views from the roof deck. That alone is worth the price of the room, which was excellent value. The added bonus, the room has a small balcony for two. Ask for a room on the front side of hotel as I didn't see balconies in the rear.
There are numerous cafes in every direction and you are also steps to the beginnings of the Latin Quarter for less costly meals if that's your choice.
The beds were fantastically firm and pillows great. We slept like babies. While you're in a busy
area, it was surprisingly quiet with the balcony door and windows closed.
Only downside was the bathroom. We had a shower stall only, which is fine, but the room itself is tiny and the modern style of sink leaves no room (or shelving) to hold any of your belongings. Also, I'm a pretty small woman and I actually split my elbow ,whacking it on the shower stall, while trying to dry off. There is literally only enough room to turn around. It was pristine as far as cleaniliness though.
Hotel staff were very friendly and welcoming.
All in all, the location and access to so much so close really helped make our first time to Paris wonderful.
I wouldn't hesitate to recommend this Holiday Inn.

2  Thank flannan
Reviewed 21 September 2010

I've stayed at this hotel the last few times I've gone through Paris and it is my favorite. When I went through Paris the last time, the hotel was completely booked and I stayed at a "4" star hotel which was worse than the Holiday Inn. Enough people have talked about the location. It's all true. The staff is pleasant. I arrived at 6am and I was given a room. The first time I stayed, I was upgraded to an executive room, then I stayed in a regular room with a balcony and view of the Eiffel Tower. The rooms are small, but all rooms are small in France. I wouldn't spent weeks in this hotel as there is not a lot of storage space and the wardrobe is small, but then again, you should not be spending all of your time in the hotel room since there is so much to do within close proximity to the hotel! My only complaint is the awkward placement of the window in the bathroom in some rooms. There is a window directly looking into the bathtub. I'm not sure why they placed it there. The rooftop deck is lovely and if you are able to get a room with a balcony, you can sit for hours and sometime between midnight and two am, the Eiffel Tower has a "light show" where it dazzles and dances and you have the perfect view. I did not eat breakfast there as there are so many cafes within 5 minutes where you can sit and have breakfast. The room is clean, the beds have the pillow top comfort that I love and many rooms have the BOSE iPod charger sound system. It was a very pleasant stay. I hope to be able to stay there next time when I go through Paris.

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled on business
1  Thank citoyennea
Reviewed 17 September 2010

I booked this hotel some months ago for 3 nights to celebrate our silver wedding anniversary. After a pretty hairy taxi ride from the Gare du nord train station we arrived at the hotel.
I had asked at the time of booking, if we could have a complimentary upgrade due to our anniversary, and sure enough we had been upgraded to an executive room with a balcony and eiffel tower view (room 807) at no extra cost (I will be forever grateful, thank you).
The room was simply fabulous, Large flat screen TV, Bose I pod/phone dock, great shower, Gowns/slippers, Mini bar and even a UK socket!
A French window opened out onto a large balcony with furniture and a stunning view of the city, simply gorgeous - see pics.
My only criticism would be the the bed and duvet, the bed was a little too soft and the duvet far too warm.
Staff were very helpful and spoke perfect english.
Breakfast was excellent with a great selection of hot and cold food.
The location of this hotel is one of the best in Paris, you walk out one way and are immediatley surrounded by bars and cafes, walk another and some of best shops in paris are at your disposal, and the metro is a 2 minute walk away.
We had a great time at this hotel and would highly recommend it to all!