“Nice 1 Bedroom Apartment on rue Cambronne in the...”
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Very good
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Reviews from our community

Any
Livonn
Berkeley, CA
“Nice 1 Bedroom Apartment on rue Cambronne in the 15e near Tour Eiffel”
Reviewed 29 October 2015 for a stay in September 2015
person found this review helpful

I arrived in Paris on September 1, 2015 for approximately two weeks and quickly took a cab from Charles de Gaulle Airport (CDG) to this apartment in the 15th Arrondissement of Paris situated in a quiet residential area on rue Cambronne. On arrival, I called the owner to let him know I was on my way and found a representative awaiting me. She was very friendly and nice and spoke both English and French. She graciously showed me to the apartment which was very lovely, open and bright and just like the pictures and description provided by the owner. She verbally gave me all the necessary information needed to enjoy my stay there and took me on a tour of the building including the parking garage where a parking space was provided as part of the rental agreement. The only thing I wish they had provided for new arrivals was more information on the surrounding area and at least a bottle of water in the fridge as I immediately had to go out and look for a store (jet lag and all) to purchase. Nonetheless, I quickly learned my way around the neighborhood and found everything I could possibly need in the many shops located within a 5 to 10 minute walk. I love not seeing any fast food places, just great patisseries, poissonneries, fruit stands, fromageries, brasseries (with the warmest people who tolerated my French with a smile and a little teasing as they kindly helped me correct my pronunciation -- who said the French are rude and not nice to Americans … this has never been my experience after traveling to France on many occasions). There are a few good grocery stores (small one right around the corner from apartment), pharmacies and much more.

The Rue Cambronne area is a nice neighborhood and I found it very safe to walk around both day and night and enjoyed some of the diversity of people I came in contact with while there. Though I drove or took cabs to most of my destinations, the Metro is very close and also many bus lines run in this area so transportation is very convenient and easy.

The apartment was very clean and quite spacious and had a good Wi-Fi connection (unless you are on the patio) but has no land line (I just used my cell phone connecting with my home land line carrier via a Wi-Fi connection, plus I always have an international mobile phone I carry when traveling abroad). It has a big living room with a medium size flat screen television broadcasting only French channels but no music channels at all and the news channels are all in French ( I just used my laptop when I wanted to hear any music or English speaking news), a dining area (from what appears to have originally been a part of the patio space), a very small but functional kitchen with dishwasher and amenities/food supplies that appeared to have been left by previous guests (some quite old and stale so I did not use them), bathroom with a very, very narrow shower (no tub) and washer/dryer (there is a separate small water closet by front door entrance but it does not have a sink so guests have to go to the kitchen or through the bedroom to wash their hands and that I did not like), and a small bedroom with a very firm/hard mattress/box on the floor Japanese style and a sliding door separating it from living room and a small patio overlooking a tennis court/track (not much of a view but nice to have a little outdoor space for café and croissants in the morning). There lighting in the bedroom is not adequate as there were only 2 very small and weak wattage table lamps there but absolutely no overhead lighting in either the bedroom or living room (no overhead lighting is quite normal for many apartments in Paris).

There was a lot of noise on week day mornings as there is a primary school next to the tennis court/track that was a bit annoying sometimes as I like the windows to be open, so if you don't like to hear the cheerful screams and chatter of young children throughout the morning and early afternoon on school days this might not be a good choice for you, but keep in mind that the sliding patio doors and/or electric shutters in both the bedroom and living/dining room can be closed which will reduce the noise (probably not an issue if you go during the summer months when schools are out). As I was out during most days, it did not pose much of a problem.

The weirdest thing about this apartment were “The Caves” in the basement where you go to dispose of your garbage/recyclables or head to the garage, at night its really unnerving and I got turned around the first time I went down there, it felt like a spooky movie set with shadowy narrow corridors with stark concrete stairs (elevator goes down there too) but it’s safe as the building is pretty secure. If you pay extra for the cleaning service and do not drive you will never need to even venture to the caves.

All in all this was a pretty good choice for me as I like being away from the tourist areas once I get back from my day out. The apartment accommodates 4 people (has a sleeper sofa in living room and double bed in bedroom) so it is a bit large for 1 person but I love a lot of space when I travel and this apartment is a good size. I would recommend this apartment rental for your stay in Paris. Bon Voyage!

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: Patio
Liked least: Shower/Water Closet and Mattress
Travelling group: Solo
Your age range 35-49
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Recommended for:
Friends getaway People with disabilities
Older travelers
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
Management Response
3 Nov 2015
Bonjour from Paris,
My team and i would like to thank you for taking the time to review your stay and our services, it's important to us. We wish you a pleasant day and we are looking for welcoming you soon in Paris, regards, Marie from Paris Be A Part Of It
North Richland Hills, Texas
Reviewed 1 October 2014 for a stay in September 2014
person found this review helpful

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Travelling group: Spouse/Partner
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
Management Response
6 Oct 2014
Hello,
Thank you for taking the time to review this apartment and your stay with us. We will take advantage of your review to ad more information on our website on this specific apartment especially on the stores closeby. We are looking forward welcoming you soon in Paris. Have a wonderful fall and see you soon in Paris. Marie from Paris Be A Part Of It.com
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday home? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing