“Sadly, Restaurant les Colock is no more”
Review of Les Colock - CLOSED

Les Colock
Price range: US$ 0 - US$ 70
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 9 November 2017

One of our favorite, tiny, restaurants in Paris, Restaurant les Colock at 131 rue Cherche Midi, is gone and a Chinese traiteur is there instead. We have not yet visited the traiteur establishment. We thought we should inform readers who were satisfied customers of Colock. Thus, my form ratings here are without meaning and given just to get this notice filed.

Reviewed 30 August 2016

Were on our way to the Faguliere metro stop to have lunch in an old favorite close to Musee D'Orsay when we passed Les Coluck, a small unpretentious restaurant with an interesting menu. Looked at each other, shrugged, and went in. Good decision. Sort of restaurant we like a lot, good, reasonably priced food, small, owner-operated.

And by owner-operated I mean exactly that. Sonia is it. She does everything with aplomb and a smile. Her shtick is home cooking and it was very good. My wife started with vegetable samosas, followed with a shrimp dish. I had ravioli followed by a good slab of boeuf. And a strawberry mousse to follow. Add in a glass of drinkable aligote, 15 euros each. Tough to beat. Dinner menu a bit more expensive and a few more dishes on offer. It's surprising finds like this that make Paris special.

Reviewed 30 April 2015

We visited Les Colock again this past November 2014. In short, as my past reviews stated, the lady, Sonja (spelling may be off), was all things there. Maitre D, waitress, cook, all in one. She is not only courteous, but helpful and skilled. You can get a reasonably-priced meal, served pleasantly, tasty and prepared fresh. Service is not "slow", but it can be moderately long, since she waits tables, cooks, greets, etc.

I have read the negative reviews here and I guess that since all of them are in French, those patrons may have arrived expecting too much.

This restaurant is not a Michelin 4-star, it is a tiny, friendly, good place to eat and, at least to our taste, serves very good food. The complaints about price may also reflect the people involved. My wife and I are (I hate to say), "tourists", and receive a yearly shock at Paris prices. We have been to Paris every year for a long time. We have gone to Taillevent several times, prior to the owner's death, as well as many similar top-starred restaurants. We now spend that type of money (one meal's worth) spread over several meals at several mid-starred restaurants, and still have money to spare.

Again, this is *not* a Michelin starred restaurant, but a very good neighborhood restaurant. Please do not expect Michelin-type results and you can enjoy a very good meal without all the pomp but with friendly service and decent food.

I am attaching front and profile photos of the entrance, since they re-painted in a new color (magenta??) since my first photos.

And, here is the vital info from their website:

RESERVATIONS :
Par téléphone au +33 1 47 34 43 58
Ou par mail via contact@lescolock.fr

HORRAIRES

Menu entée + plat + dessert : 26€

Menu midi entrée+ plat ou plat+ dessert : 15€

1  Thank vs2
Reviewed 2 November 2014

We have eaten at Les Colock over the last three years we have visited Paris and find it one of those charming small owner chef run restaurants that are harder and harder to find. Located not far from the Monparnesse station and a stones throw from Duroc metro, Les Colock is run with love by Soni---the chef, owner.

All food is made to order. As Soni does everything, you must be willing to be a little patient, However, the reward is an outstanding dinner at very reasonable prices. It is small---only can accommodate under about 20 people. There are two and three course prix fixe menus with ample but limited selections.

It you want a true Paris experience without all tourist, I highly recommend visiting Les Colock.

3  Thank m1128jm17
Reviewed 3 April 2014

We are on holiday in Paris and was looking for a place in Montparnasse for dinner. Decided on Les Colock based on tripadvisor reviews. We were glad we did. The owner and chef was extremely helpful and attentive. She translated the french menu for us line by line and made sure we understood everything she had to offer. We had the escargot and charcuterie for starters, with steak and fish for our mains. Food was simple but delicious. There is also a good selection of reasonably priced french wine by the glass. For dessert the chef made us a 'sampler' of everything she had on the menu. This is an excellent little restaurant. We might go back if there is time before the end of our holidays.

2  Thank Leong Y